It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats happening in Russia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well i came across this just now and decided to run a little news check from russia, well im sure you can put two and two together :/

hisz.rsoe.hu...

"Press suspicious as Russia-Ukraine talks postponed"

www.bbc.co.uk...

Im looking more into this, anyone care to join?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have never seen a "complex emergency", but I do not frequent the RSOE site often.

This is what it defines a "complex emergency" as:

The official definition of a complex emergency is "a humanitarian crisis in a country, region or society where there is total or considerable breakdown of authority resulting from internal or external conflict and which requires an international response that goes beyond the mandate or capacity of any single agency and/ or the ongoing United Nations country program.

21 dead and 141 injured?

hmmmm....

ETA: Looks like it's due to snowstorms from what I can tell.

edit on 19-12-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

This as well, not gettin much else though!

Ill keep digging

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Im pretty sure that they are talking about the super cold air mass over Russia, the one that's dropping -30c -50c air temps. The air mass is said to have caused more than two dozen deaths and hospitalized 150 already.

There is an RT article about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The first thing I noticed was "area" listing these two, Moscow & Novosibirsk among others. The distance between them is something like the distance from St Louis, MO to Los Angeles. I don't know about the others without looking them up but they appear to be referring to an area at least equal to the US west of the Mississippi River.

new topics

top topics

join