It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I see a spirit? Please help me decide…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
On Monday, December 17, 2012 I attended the funeral for my Uncle Al. It was a closed casket funeral with a casket sized United States flag draped over the top. He was a Korean War veteran, and belonged to the VFW hall in our town. May he rest in peace.

All during the funeral I could visibly see what I would call a “mirage” hovering over the top of Uncle Al’s casket. I say a mirage because it was the very same visual affect of a heat mirage, yet the mirage at no time took on any shape or form. I looked up at the ceiling to see if there was a heat vent over the top of the casket? There was not. I will say it was freezing in the funeral home; we had strong winds outside with snow flurries all day long. I would guess the temperature in the funeral home as being less than 60 degrees which was not warm enough for me to ever warm back up after coming in from the cold. I was freezing the entire time I was in the funeral home. So was my sister.

I looked around at other objects to see if I could see this same mirage affect. I looked at the big floral arrangements; I looked at the wall, the floor, all over really, Nothing! Every time I looked at the casket, I could see the mirage. I wasn’t freaked out by the mirage nor was I crying at any point before during or after the service. I’m just trying to establish with you all that my eyes were not messed up from tears.

I watched the mirage and it went from hovering over the top of the casket for long periods of time, and then it would MOVE to just beyond the foot of the casket and hovered there for a time and then it would return to the top of the casket. This motion repeated.Twice I saw it moved away from the top of the casket to beyond the foot. At the beginning of the service I was looking for an explanation for the source of the mirage right up until I saw the mirage move just beyond the foot of the casket. Now, I’m thinking a saw his spirit? I can’t find any other reason for what I saw. By the way, my sister could not see the mirage.

What did I see? I am completely open to another explanation. I placed this thread in the paranormal studies forum because this is where I believe it to belong.

Thanks for listening.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Did you happen to ask if anyone else saw it?

Nvm. Just saw you said your sister didnt see, How is your blood pressure? When my BP gets a little high, I get visual migraines, nothing too alarming, just blurred vision in certain areas.
edit on 19/12/2012 by Britx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My BP is like that of an 18 year old kid. It's excellent.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Condolences on your loss. Maybe you can test your ability by going to a few wakes or funerals of people you dont know, just pop in and see if you get the mirage/wavy effect.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I saw a white amorphous cloud hovering beside my grandfather's coffin.

No one else saw it...I took my glasses off, cleaned them and it was stil there.

The cloud was very transparent...would be about chest height in a normal person. Never moved from the left hand side of the coffin (as you look at it)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I would call what I saw clear transparent, nothing cloudy about it. Interesting. Perhaps we a both a little spirit sensitive?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Interesting,
but there is no way for any of us to say it was a spirit or not. How did it make you feel? Over time you will come to your own conclusion. For me I had strange things happen when my father died, and 30 plus years later I'm still in the thought process, I still don't know but when I think about those things it makes me feel good.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

There are several psychics who say that people always attend their own funerals. They say the spirit usually sits on the casket, or stands by it. People who are sensitive and see such things, can detect them. This is just repeating secondhand information, I realize; because I can't / don't see them.

But it does seem pretty consistent between these different psychics. I tend to believe it. You quite possibly did sense his spirit. Try again at another funeral, as someone else suggested. If you can sense these things, you might be able to pick up on it more and more clearly with practice...if you even would want that.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

Can you recall where I may find some of these stories from the mediums that said this? I'd love to read up on what they say. As far as going to another funeral and testing this theory, I shall have to wait for another funeral to come along. I'm in NO hurry...

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You seen a ghost

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss.
The human body can do some strange things when under stress.( like someone seeing mirages when stuck in a desert)

Perhaps your uncle was trying to help you come to terms with his death. Sounds like it could have been an eye opening experience.

top topics

join