It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird! Global quakes hit at same time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Checked the global incidents as I always do, and quakes all over the world at the same time. Pretty cool! How often does this occur??

Magnitude seems to peak at around 5, and average about a 3-4. Nothing serious, still pretty wild though...as if the planet is breathing. Earth does some marvelous things.

Here's a pic from when this took place.

Screen grabs showing time, magnitude, and areas.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I apologize for the lack of anything substantial in this thread, found this interesting and thought I'd share it with everyone. This subject isn't something I know about, so I'm not sure if this happens everyday, still liked it. Have a nice day!
edit on 19-12-2012 by MmmPie because: TO ADD

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Great thread and good food for analytical thought!
What I found interesting were the two 5.1 quakes that happened 5 minutes apart and a couple of miles from one another yesterday on the Eastern Pacific Rise. The only real difference was the depth, one was shallow, and the later one deep, if I recall correctly. Certainly interesting. What type of geological event caused the two?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
am I missing something? those are just lists of earthquakes.

Nowhere do I see global quakes happening at the same time.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If true , amazing......

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I have to say that I do not understand what you are trying to say, however, you do realise that Global Incident pull data from more than one source? Is that what you are seeing?

You will see the same quake listed at least twice if it is a mag 5 or slightly under to Mag 4.5, since USGS and EMSC both publish global quakes to that level. Under that the EMSC ones will be Europe and Chile (they have a feed for that) and the USGS will be US Territories.

You will not find Oceania quakes on their feeds below about mag 5.5

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Yeah, some quakes are listed a few times. Just thought it was cool to see how this set of quakes rolled across the planet at just about the same time. You could almost say it was one event that started at one spot and traveled the worlds fault lines.

AGAIN. Not once did I say this was something special, claim to know anything about quakes, or think some sort of cataclysmic disaster is upon us...just something I found interesting. Check the prescription on those spectacles if you happen to think other wise.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Go to this USGS website for a complete list of everything worldwide at or over mag 4.5 and everything in the U S at or over 2.5 for the last seven days. It is a rolling list so everything that is older than seven days falls off the bottom of the list while new quakes appear at the top. The word "MAP" on the left of each listing is a link to a map page showing the location of the quake and the date time entry is a link to detailed information about the quake. The headers at the top of each days listing are links to a glossary of terms as well.

There is another site HERE that lists the mag 1.0 and above for the U S for the last seven days. It is just like the first site in format.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Excellent, thanks!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Those lists could vanish at any time. They are out of date and cannot be guaranteed and you should not be linking to them.

You should use the new interactive which gives you up to 30 days.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

You can select the number of days, feed and magnitude amongst other things, and can save your preferences.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There has been a mag 5 near Tonga and one mag 5 off the north west coast of Australia towards Indonesia.

There is a pattern if you look at it heading towards the alaskan , californinan quakes?

It reminds one of a certain star pattern?

In fact there are a few triangular patterns occuring.

Iam not versed in this area, so it may be a common occurence, but it seems strange.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Those lists could vanish at any time. They are out of date and cannot be guaranteed and you should not be linking to them.

You should use the new interactive which gives you up to 30 days.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

You can select the number of days, feed and magnitude amongst other things, and can save your preferences.

I already have that one bookmarked. But I still like the simplicity of the other two for a quick look at whats happening. I also copy and paste the data from the worldwide list into an Excel file twice a week. I can look back about three years now since that is how long I have been collecting data. And by copying the data into a new tab in Excel I can use the sorting tools to look at the data in several different ways without compromising the initial data file.

top topics

join