It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Huckabee Tries to Push God as reason for shooting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
i am absolutely disgusted how people try to use this school shooting for their personal politics and agendas.

"We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools," Huckabee said on Fox News. "Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?"

The God Factor

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
He should be ashamed of himself. This has nothing to do with god

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Makes as much sense as using an incident in a AWB state with an AWB compliant rifle to call for instituting an AWB.

The only people/groups who arent coming off as complete morons after this thing are those standing for liberty for all.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
what if he's right? I am not say that he is, but....what if he is?of course someone that has no faith in anything other than propaganda or half-glued facts or self proclaimed hypothesis of science......but the point being spotlighted here is demoralization of people.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
He should be ashamed of himself. This has nothing to do with god

I watched a video of a bear attack on YT and god was brought up in the comments. Same goes for a one of those videos of toddlers doing something stupid, kids wiping out on bikes, etc.

One thing I've learned is that god somehow applies to everything to the ultra-religulous

Twinkie fell on the floor??!!!

g

o

d

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It was only a matter of time before someone posted this, I would be happy to reply and Mike was and is correct. In the absence of God, Evil will rule. What happened in Sandy Hook was evil at it's core. Liberals are now living in the morally defunct world they have created. Religion enforces a code of conduct that man should abide by, now that religion has been stripped away from our schools, single parent homes make the majority and the violence an immoral conduct that is celebrated on TV and you wonder why this is happening.

There was a finite reason why this didn't happen in the past, the moral majority is now the minority. Beware it will only get worse as America has turned it's back on God, he will no longer favor and Bless this country.

link   
Ummmm ok.

God killed 20 little children. Let's all pray to him and give thanks.

Is Huckabee certifiably insane?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
Our idea of what god is, and what god actually is has been for centuries manipulated by religious groups. To put it in short, god will only answer yes or no. He's only here to tell us to be good to our fellow men.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Corporal punishment in Catholic schools could be seen as violence as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

"We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools," Huckabee said on Fox News. "Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?"

I wonder if it's relevant that the shooter wasn't in school anymore?

They haven't even disclosed yet if the Mother was religious, or raised the kid that way. Apparently she was a "prepare" or she was stockpiling weapons and preparing for some disastrous event. (The rapture maybe?)

It would be ironic if she turned out to be a Christian Fundi...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Ummmm ok.

Wow! I think you misread the quote, or something. Huckabee thinks his god is morality, so when you take morality out of the schools(meaning taking gods out of them), then you get immoral crimes. I have no idea where you got that he was saying his god killed 20 children?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
His view on God released a guy from prison who did a mass shooting of cops. The guy is a jack ass.

www.wnd.com...

Maurice Clemmons, the alleged gunman sought in the recent slaying of four Seattle-area police officers, was released from a Washington jail just six days ago, but it’s his prior release from an Arkansas prison that is returning in news accounts to haunt the then-governor of the state, Mike Huckabee.

“The political future of former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee could be damaged by his role in commuting the sentence of a man who is now suspected of killing four police officers in Washington state,” writes Nicholas Johnston of Bloomberg News.

You may be surprised by the answer. Get the truth on this old doctrine.
ucg.org/bible-study-aid/god-trinity“Back then, Gov. Huckabee granted clemency to a disturbing number of people, including a man named Maurice Clemmons who should have never been let out,” said Larry Jegley, prosecuting attorney for Arkansas’ Pulaski County. “This is the day I’ve been dreading for a long time.”

And this isn’t the first time Huckabee has been criticized for shortening prison terms.

Maurice Clemmons
en.wikipedia.org...

IIn 1999, after having served 10 years of his sentence, Clemmons filed a clemency appeal with Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee.[8] In his petition to Huckabee, Clemmons wrote he came from "a very good Christian family" and was "raised much better than my actions speak".[6][13] Clemmons claimed he had just moved from Seattle, Washington, to Arkansas as a teenager, and because he had no friends he gave in to peer pressure and "fell in with the wrong crowd" to be accepted by his young peers, which led him to commit his crimes.[6][8] Although he apologized for his actions, Clemmons also complained that he received overly harsh sentences. He also claimed to have changed and expressed regret that his mother had recently died without seeing him turn his life around. Clemmons' clemency application was supported by Pulaski County Circuit Court Judge Marion Humphrey, who argued the cumulative sentence was excessive and cited Clemmons' young age at the time he committed the crimes.[6]

The decision was made over the objections of some victims and prosecutors involved in Clemmons' previous cases but was supported by the bipartisan parole board and the trial court judge in Clemmons' case.[5][6][8][14] Mark Fraiser, an attorney who prosecuted early cases against Clemmons in Pulaksi County, argued Clemmons was extremely likely to commit further acts of violence in the future, and said for a teen to receive such a lengthy prison sentence without committing a murder, "you've got to be a bad little dude".[6] On May 3, 2000, Huckabee commuted Clemmons' 108-year sentence to 47 years, 5 months and 19 days, which made him eligible for parole that day.[9] As a factor in his decision, Huckabee cited the unusually long sentence for Clemmons' age at the time the crimes were committed.[5] The Arkansas Parole Board unanimously approved Clemmons' release on July 13, 2000, and he was set free on August 1, 2000.[9][6]

What this newly saved soul of Huckabee did.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

The four officers were killed at about 8:15 a.m. by a scruffy-looking man who walked into a coffee shop and opened fire. The officers — three men and one woman — were found dead by deputies who arrived at Forza Coffee at 11401 Steele St. S., Troyer said.

Sgt. Mark Renninger and Officers Ronald Owens, Tina Griswold and Greg Richards were identified as the officers who were shot.

Troyer said the investigation into the shootings indicate that the gunman "flat-out executed" two of the officers. One officer then stood up, tried to go for the gunman and was shot, Troyer said.

The fourth officer was involved in some kind of struggle with the gunman.

"What happened in there wasn't just a shooting. One of the officers managed to fight his way with the suspect, wrestled him out the door when he was shot and killed," Troyer said.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Seeing as this kind of thing happens less often now than it did when god was in school, I think he has it backwards

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
While I am a Christian I will not say that this is a lack of God Or try to put other christian undrepinnings on this I will however point out that we have removed God and while I think that's wrong I'm not here to push that agenda

But I will say if you a going to remove God (Allah Buddha , call it your own) what are you going to use as a model for moral social and personal responsibility.. After all our actions have repercussions both good and bad and at some point someone is to blame.

So to me it seems as though we have left a void in social structure and it needs to be filled

As an example a much older friend of mine yesterday pointed out that his parents and grand parents warned him long ago that his generation was to lax in its responsibility and again when he became a father so when we were talking politics yesterday he said well you have your father and I to blame and soon your generation will be to blame and so on and so forth and until someone steps up to the plate and makes some changes things will continue to get worse..

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This guy is simply taking what he feels to be the safer stance in the propagation of his religious beliefs. He's only one step shy of saying the same thing the Westboro Baptist church is preaching.

He's basically saying Satan did it, and they are saying God did it. Both characters are from the same story book. So six of one, and a half dozen of the other.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by geocom

They need to clean up religion if they want people to turn to God for answers. You have priest raping children. You have preachers who protest funerals saying God hates you. You have a leader of the Mormons running for President who could not stop lying even to himself. Ask the church about their own morals and dogma.

Hell you have a Pope who protected child molesters.
edit on 19-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Ummmm ok.

Wow you are seriously misinterpreting what is being presented.
Huckabee is saying that possibly because we have removed God from our schools, that maybe this is the reason so many bad things are happening. (In layman's terms) Entiendes?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is a typical way to skirt the blame and responsibility on something else rather than face the facts—the culture is sick. 84% of Japanese don't have a personal religion and there are very few mass-killings. Whereas 73% of Americans identify themselves as Christian and there are mass-killings happening all the time. This directly refutes the claim that religion is required as a moral compass.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I didn't ask anyone to turn to religion or even to go to church I simply stated that we need to take some responsibility with or without God

And I would add that schools are in the same predicament children being accosted on many levels in many ways

But that doesn't mean we just stop teaching learning and throw our arms up.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by geocom

You said removing God what are we going to use for morals. Well the church has truly lost the morals they should have. When Jesus said he would forgive you of your sins it did not mean commit as many as you like just ask for a blessing afterwards. So churches need to do some house cleaning in order to talk about morals anymore. And morals can come from just plain good upbringing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join