It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days Of Light or 3 Days Of Dark?....Which Would You Prefer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There are different prophecies surrounding the "End Days". Most revolve around the Earth being dark for 3 days. I suppose it would depend on what caused it to go dark as to how much of the Earth goes dark.

If there was a Volcanic eruption in one hemisphere, would the whole world go dark? If there was a nuclear disaster would the whole world go dark?

What would happen if the Earth stopped rotating for 3 days? One side would see Light and one side would be Dark.

Would this change anything? Some of you would get more sleep and some of you would get to work on your tan.

What would be the actual results of this if it happened? Wouldn't the side that got 3 days of light be bombarded by solar radiation? Would you want to be exposed to the Sun for 3 days straight? The side that got dark would be thrown into a quagmire as well, they would not get the Sun for 3 days, so plants and vegetables would suffer, right?

The Mayan predicted the Earth would begin a journey into the dark rift, not doomsday, but a rebirth, the end of time, not an apocalypse (definitions vary and interpretations vary), but that time would end.

Think of it like this...the battery in the watch stopped and it took you 3 days to get it replaced.

If the Earth stops for 3 days does everything else stop? Does electricity stop working? Do you stop going to work? If you have 3 days of light...do you stop sleeping? If you have 3 days of dark do you stop eating? Will the satellites stop working? You have an internal clock; does it stop too?

Then when the Earth starts working again, what happens if she decides to rotate in the opposite direction? What happens then? Does everything change? How about if the poles reverse polarity? There are many scenarios that could play out in any circumstance.

I wonder what will be the actual response to these if and when they do happen. I have maintained in just about all my threads that it is not about a specific day; It is about the ability for your soul to live a certain way regardless. Have true love in your heart everyday.

I would prefer to be in the Light.

BAW33
This thread really wants to know what you think about 3 days and their ramifications from each perspective.

Decided to add this video

edit on 12/19/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: add

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

I say bring on what the universe inteneded

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

that took a lot of thought.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

How could the Mayans predict time would end, when time only exists as a concept? I would think if Mayans were so "aware" that they would know time is not a tangible thing, and therefore cannot be stopped. That would be like saying thy predicted distance measurements would stop. In other words, time is just our funny way of putting bits on things that can't be bitted.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I love night time so bring on the darkness!!

I am going to spend the day watching apocalyptic movies like "Deep Impact" and "Armageddon."

I don't think anything will happen and well if it does then what are ya gonna do about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'll take the three days of darkness. It seems that light has never been quite enough for man to see. Just my thoughts!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I recently did a game of thrones marathon and was struck by the theme in that show about the coming long night that lasts years and how the dead warrior king was going to come back when the sun rises where it used to set.

That was before I heard about the three days of no spin for the earth and the theory that it would reverse.

It really is hard to believe that is going to happen tomorrow. And if it does, I'd prefer Day.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

3 days of light, and id stay awake to see how long it takes me to start trippin out on sleep deprevation

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Prefer: light.
What will happen: Three days of complete darkness in which electromagnetic radiation cannot penetrate the magnetosphere and so we receive no light from any celestial bodies including the sun or moon. Neither will electricity or electeonics be available due to the electromagnetic pulses reverberating throughout our magnetosphere.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Apocryphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
When ancient peoples spoke of 'The World' they really meant Their world, the world known to them,. The world would have consisted of what existed within their empire and as far as they had travelled.

Just as in Europe until the 1490's the whole world would not have included the United States or South America and likewise for indigenous peoples of the Americas.

3 days of darkness for the world could easily be caused by a volcanic eruption that covered the mayan empire with ash clouds. It would be just a localised thing but to an ancient people it would have darkened their entire world. It is relatively recently in human history that the concept of a global world was envisioned.
It is an easy mistake to make to impose a modern concept on an ancient way of thinking.

Oh and as for the OP's question 3 days of darkness or light wouldn't really matter, for the Earth to stop its rotation its unlikely that humanity would survive either.
edit on 19-12-2012 by HumansEh because: ammendment

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I'm not sure either situation is plausible, unless there were a major atomic blast, a super volcano erupted or we were hit by a good sized asteroid. In one of those cases the fallout could perpetuate the three days of darkness scenario. As far as choosing three days of darkness or three days of light I would have to choose darkness- I'd much rather take a long nap than have a wicked sunburn!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

3 days of light, and id stay awake to see how long it takes me to start trippin out on sleep deprevation

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
3 day's of dark would suit me just fine ta very much.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onewhoknowsjesus

I say bring on what the universe inteneded

This thread really wants to know what you think about 3 days and their ramifications from each perspective.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
3 day's of dark would suit me just fine ta very much.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I'm not sure either situation is plausible, unless there were a major atomic blast, a super volcano erupted or we were hit by a good sized asteroid. In one of those cases the fallout could perpetuate the three days of darkness scenario. As far as choosing three days of darkness or three days of light I would have to choose darkness- I'd much rather take a long nap than have a wicked sunburn!

Take a few minutes to watch the video,Littled, okay an 1hour. was worth it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
I'll take the three days of darkness. It seems that light has never been quite enough for man to see. Just my thoughts!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna

How could the Mayans predict time would end, when time only exists as a concept? I would think if Mayans were so "aware" that they would know time is not a tangible thing, and therefore cannot be stopped. That would be like saying thy predicted distance measurements would stop. In other words, time is just our funny way of putting bits on things that can't be bitted.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join