It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something interesting I just noticed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
It is interesting that the events occurred the day following the New Moon phase (also sometimes call the Dark Moon).

Star for excellent post. Let me quibble here: the term "Dark Moon" is usually used to denote the Waning Moon as it reaches its moment of greatest darkness, just before it turns into a Waxing Moon or New Moon.

Yes, it's true the New Moon is still quite dark, but it is growing in Light.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Which form of astrology do they use? What form of magic do they practice?

Understand that just like Christians believe in a specific version of the bible so too would the "Illuminati", or any of these killers, believe in a certain philosophy of the Occult.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Which form of astrology do they use? What form of magic do they practice?

Understand that just like Christians believe in a specific version of the bible so too would the "Illuminati", or any of these killers, believe in a certain philosophy of the Occult.

very good question!

is it possible they use various types for different regions or activities?

I would look those forms used by the likes of the real 007 John Dee or Francis Bacon

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
I read a long thread in another forum awhile back that was written by an insider occultist. I remember he said the the phases of the moon were essential to them to follow in deciding when to make certain sacrifices.

That's true. Using the "magickal tides" is very important in scheduling rituals or any important event.

What this makes me wonder is if Adam Lanza and James Holmes were into occultism.

The other much more nefarious theory is of course that these young men were used and or or set up by much more evil entities....

I'm wondering if we will ever be allowed to know much about them. Our media is controlled.

It's more likely they were used as tools, if there's any real conspiracy here. Since Adam Lanza destroyed his hard drive, we may never know who connected to him online.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Threads like this are why the public makes fun of conspiracy theorists. Really, the moon happens to have been in the same phase on two shootings...and people think this is a big deal? The moon goes through eight phases a month. The chance of two events both occurring on a night with a 1/8th chance of happening....are not impossibly low.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Collumbine happened on April 20th, 1999....

I went and pulled up the moon phases for April, 1999... Look at the 20th:

That is interesting! Close enough. Still considered highly stressful and a good time to plant.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Hmm... a waxing crescent

Whenever the moon is waxing, especially when it's in its crescent phase and is growing, it's a propitious time to begin a new venture, experiemtingg with new ideas and turning over a new leaf. It's also the time to throw out what you don't need and "clean house", so to speak. This may mean discarding the excess material things in your life or eliminating those relationships in your life which prove unsatisfying and unfullfilling.

Sauce

Check out the colored text.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tl1977
Also interesting to note is that there is a Satanic church outpost in Newtown, CT. Scroll down to the bottom of this link and read the address: www.satanservice.org...

That's an interesting find. They're part of Anton La Vey's Church of Satan. I'd be more concerned if it were a branch of the Temple of Set.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
The moon in both cases is a Waxing moon , meaning it is heading back to a full moon after a new moon (or dark moon).

The sliver moon is also known as God's Thumb or God's Thumbnail.

Some modern schools of Western Occult theory say that rituals for gaining something, attracting something to one's self, should be done during a waxing moon.

(Whereas rituals for banishing or dispelling something from one's life should be done during a waning moon)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArJunaBug

I believe the link to the moon is a ritualistic one. The global Satanic cabal that rules is extremely preoccupied with astrology, ritual, magick, etc. Much has been written on the subject. I for one, am convinced there was involvement at the highest levels of this cabal in all the mass shootings. Their plans absolutely require the abolishment of weapons from civilian hands. They also thrive on ritual child sacrifice. There are many excellent books on this subject. I don't have time right now to go into a lengthy discussion, but I will suggest one thing. When you try to get into the minds of the filthy rich, powerful elite you simply cannot apply human values and boundaries to these people, if they are even people. These are the most depraved, sick, murderers on the planet.

Research Arizona Wilder, The Franklin Cover-up, and Boy's Town, for starters. Many insiders of this world have suggested the majority of child abduction & missing children cases across the world are related to this Satanic cult. over 800,000 children go missing every year in the USA according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. That is just the USA. Worldwide, millions of children go missing every year.

David Icke has written extensively about this. But most people consider him a bag of nuts.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Interesting but would be better if they were both full moons, as that's known to affect people's behaviour.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
I didn't want to buy into this at first, so i dug a little into my own 'bag o' tricks'

This is from the Greater Key of Solomon - or in other words part of Qabalistic magic.

But if these things seem unto thee difficult to accomplish, it will suffice thee merely to notice the Moon after her combustion, or conjunction with the Sun, espe- cially just when she quits his beams and appeareth visible. For then it is good to make all experiments for the construction and operation of any matter. That is why the time from the New unto the Full Moon is proper for performing any of the experiments of which we have spoken above. But in her decrease or wane it is good for War, Distur- bance, and Discord. Likewise the period when she is almost deprived of light, is proper for experiments of invisibility, and of Death.

and this from the Necronomicon -

in the dark days of the moon, or in cloud, there can be little protection against the fiends from the Ancient Lands should they break the barrier, or be let in by their servants upon the face of the earth.

That being said, it was extremely difficult to find just those references in just two of ten 'occult' grimoires throughout history.

"Likewise the period when she is almost deprived of light, is proper for experiments of invisibility, and of Death."

That refers to the Dark Moon when the Waning Moon is reaching its darkest state. Unfortunately, the Dark Moon is commonly mistaken for the New Moon in common parlance, but they're not quite the same thing.

The Dark Knight shooting & the Sandy Hook shooting both happened right after a Waxing Moon or New Moon, as the Moon is picking up more light.

The Necronomicon (in all its different forms) is a work of fiction.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Strange thing, a few days ago the moon was really bright, like day outside but our moon here N. Ca was again the horned or boat moon...so why is that not on the charts?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The full moon makes people happy-crazy. The new moon sinks their emotions the other way, and brings them down.

Or the magical theory that around a full moon and new moon, magic rituals are being performed, with spells that could backfire. Is the madman from within or from without?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Pretty interesting, is it just a coincidence?

Just a coincidence.

Each incident had the same 1 in 29.5 or so chance of happening on that particular phase of the moon. Those aren't huge odds.

The probability of these two events happening under the same moon phase are about 870/1. Maybe it is just a coincidence. But its not a small one. Hopefully someone with a better understanding of moon occultism will add something of value to this thread..

sf to the op

Sorry, the math is wrong. Having these two events happening under the same moon phase is only 1/29.5, not 1/870. Think of it as rolling two dice, the probability of having both dice having the same side is still 1/6, not 1/36. Now, if you specifically means having two events happening one day after the new moon, then yes, it is 1/870 probability, but having these two events happening on the same moon phase is 1/29.5, in other words, not that big of a coincidence. It's still eerily strange though. I'll give it that.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Your discovery is very interesting. The New Moon signifies the start of a new month. The Jewish calendar is a lunar calendar and the New Moon is the first of the month. Hhmmmmmm

Brother Ben

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

I am not sure i see your point.

The Kabbalah reference is just that, a reference found in the Greater Key of Solomon which relates to the phases of the moon and in particular "Evil" rituals. Since the Kabbalah is one of the more commonly followed "Occult" philosophies it made sense to check against its information.

As for the Necronomicon, your right, but Crowley's involvement in the occult goes too deep to simply assume that every word and piece has nothing to do with his own beliefs on the subject.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit
Something interesting I just noticed.

How come on a conspiracy website....

In a conspiracy forum....

There is about 10 people on the very first page of every thread like this calling it coincidence, nothing, bull#$%, just shut up already.

I don't understand. You come to this website and don't add anything of substance to the topics, and even go out of your way to attempt to argument bait and misdirect the discussion. You know who you are.

Why are you people even here? And WHY is every single thread becoming like this???
edit on 20-12-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

Ah, so you noticed that too ...

Could there be an agenda?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
On par with what people have already stated, the new moon is indeed the stage of her cycle in which practitioners of "magick" are encouraged to perform a ritual to get the ball rolling for a new project or a "fresh start." A friend of mine called it the "phoenix effect," letting the old die and figuratively burst into flames as the new (symbolized by the new moon or the following waxing crescent) is reborn anew from the ashes. Sometimes a ritual of banishment is also performed prior (during the last phase of the wanning moon) to the ritual that follows to strengthen the coming manifestation. So as you can see, the moon plays a lead role.

It might also be worthwhile looking into what starsign the new moon was in during both of these particular events. As that is usually also another fundamental ingredient in certain rituals. I'm talking harmless rituals BTW. All magical practitioners I know could never bare the thought of something like this. They would be disgusted to think that something they view as sacred would be used for such evil. Being that I like to keep an open mind though, I'm aware that not all people who practice "magic" are about love and healing, unfortunately.

I've only really begun my journey of research on some of these "conspiracies" but I'll post if I find anything I think adds further. My personal opinion at this stage based on what I've read so far is that the details are still too slippery to tell. It's not a presumption that should be tossed out though as some here seem to quick to dismiss it completely. All of these "coincidences" are worth speculation and monitoring.
edit on 21/12/12 by DwindlingHope because: Extra thoughts added.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Originally posted by abeverage
The moon in both cases is a Waxing moon , meaning it is heading back to a full moon after a new moon (or dark moon).

The sliver moon is also known as God's Thumb or God's Thumbnail.

Some modern schools of Western Occult theory say that rituals for gaining something, attracting something to one's self, should be done during a waxing moon.

(Whereas rituals for banishing or dispelling something from one's life should be done during a waning moon)

Ok...if there were more of a correlation with each and every mass shooting...check out my post to OP below.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join