It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something interesting I just noticed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

If there was a 1/29.5 chance of a mass murder taking place on a certain phase what are the odds that the next mass murder would take place on the same phase. That is how you get 1/29.5*1/29.5

The first murder does not have to be in a certain phase, any phase will do, so the odds are 1, not 29.5/1.

Only the second has to be in a certain phase (the same as whatever the hell the first happened to be in).

Unless you are giving priority to a certain phase, but there is no valid reason to do that. Any phase is acceptable, as long as they match in both instances.
edit on 20-12-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

If there was a 1/29.5 chance of a mass murder taking place on a certain phase what are the odds that the next mass murder would take place on the same phase. That is how you get 1/29.5*1/29.5

The first murder does not have to be in a certain phase, any phase will do, so the odds are 1, not 29.5/1.

Only the second has to be in a certain phase (the same as whatever the hell the first happened to be in).

Unless you are giving priority to a certain phase, but there is no valid reason to do that. Any phase is acceptable, as long as they match in both instances.

Who says there is no priority to what phase the moon is in?

Seriously you can strain your brain as hard as you like but your method of calculation is off. It does not matter what the first phase is you can change it to what are the odds the first and second occurrences will be in the same phase?

Lets try this again. . . The first phase had a 1/29.5 chance to occur in that phase, the second also has that 1/29.5 chance however the odds that they would occur one after another on the same phase is 1/29.5*1/29.5 . . .
Part 2: Calculating the Probability of Multiple Random Events
www.wikihow.com...

Break the problem into pieces. Calculating the probability of multiple events is a matter of breaking the problem down into separate probabilities.

What is the probability of rolling two consecutive fives on a six-sided die?
The probability of rolling one five is 1/6, and the probability of rolling another five with the same die is also 1/6.

Multiply the probability of each event by one another. This will give you the probability of multiple events occurring one after another.

What is the probability of rolling two consecutive fives on a six-sided die?
The probability of both events is 1/6.
This gives us 1/6 x 1/6 = 1/36 or .027 or 2.7%.

This is a ridiculous argument and I am done with you on this one, find a better detail to nitpick.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violetshy
Last night I was watching this show about 2012 and the Mayans with my son. He was curious about it and it came on discovery so I thought, sure. Now, I could be just looking for clues or drawing a huge coincidence here but the show talked about how they would do a children's sacrifice, usually at the end of a cycle. The sacrifices were done as a sacrifice or bloodletting as a re-birthing of a new age. I don't know, it just seemed weird to me, all these things tying together and the more I look into it..the more it seems ritualistic and not what they want us to see.

Good catch! The Illuminati Satanists do blood sacrifices as a perversion of the transubstantiation ritual of the Body and Blood of Christ, hence it is an anti-Christ activity.

Perhaps there is a subtle reference to the pedophilia that runs in these Illuminati circles.
edit on 20-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Who says there is no priority to what phase the moon is in?

Why favor one phase over another? People are simply looking for connections, in this case, "two events in the same phase". No one said both events had to be on a full moon, or in any other specific phase.

Seriously you can strain your brain as hard as you like but your method of calculation is off.

I'm not straining my brain, this is VERY BASIC probability.

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoliIt does not matter what the first phase is you can change it to what are the odds the first and second occurrences will be in the same phase?

The odds of the first shooting being in any phase is 1. It HAD to fall in a phase, so it's 1, not 29.5/1.

The second shooting had to occur in a specific phase, the same phase as the first shooting, so it is 29.5/1. 29.5/1 x 1=29.5/1.

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoliLets try this again. . . The first phase had a 1/29.5 chance to occur in that phase, the second also has that 1/29.5 chance however the odds that they would occur one after another on the same phase is 1/29.5*1/29.5 . . .

Yes, but we are not mandating that they had to both fall on that particular phase, all they had to do was be in the same phase, whatever phase is unimportant. They could have both fallen on a full moon, they could have both fallen on a half-moon, you are saying they both had to have fallen on that SPECIFIC phase, which is not true. Any phase is acceptable to make the connection the OP made, which is "two events in the same phase".

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoliThis is a ridiculous argument and I am done with you on this one, find a better detail to nitpick.

Well, you are a ridiculous person.

Remember, we are calculating the odds for:

a) Two shootings being in the same phase, not, for example
b) Two shootings both being on a full moon, or any other specific phase we are predicting the shootings would occur in

The above is the mistake you are making.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

The Central Planners overcome the odds by their planning of certain events timed with cosmic events or numerology. The Illuminati Masons were always preoccupied with such things as double digit numbers like 11, 22, or 33(the number of degrees of Masonry, also the number of initiations of Christhood, Christ was 33 when he was Ascended).
Also it just occurred to me that the number 14 could signify the 14 stations of the Cross or the 14th Station of the Cross, which is laying Jesus in the tomb. So the sacrifice of the offspring of the Woman and the laying of their bodies in the tomb. The sacrifice of the children is also the hatred of the woman and her seed as described in the Book of Revelation and in Genesis.

13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.

17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.[a]

www.biblegateway.com...

In some bizarre, this becomes the perversion of the crucifixion of the Christ by the Satanic Illuminati, as they believe their sacrifice of the children is ultimately for the better of society when they take away all the guns and make society more controllable in their NWO.

The tomb is the last stage of Christ’s dying through the whole course of his earthly life; it is the sign of his supreme sacrifice for us and for our salvation.

totus2us.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Something interesting I just noticed.

How come on a conspiracy website....

In a conspiracy forum....

There is about 10 people on the very first page of every thread like this calling it coincidence, nothing, bull#$%, just shut up already.

I don't understand. You come to this website and don't add anything of substance to the topics, and even go out of your way to attempt to argument bait and misdirect the discussion. You know who you are.

Why are you people even here? And WHY is every single thread becoming like this???
edit on 20-12-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The first phase had a 1/29.5 chance to occur in that phase,

I just caught this part, and I realized this is where you're going off on the wrong track.

The question we are asking is not "what chance does the first phase have of being in THAT phase", we are asking "what chance does the first phase have of being in ANY phase". The first shooting does not have to be in any particular phase, do you get that? Any phase will do.

It does not have to be THAT phase. The first shooting can be IN ANY PHASE, which phase in unimportant.

The first probability is 1, because the first shooting MUST OCCUR IN A PHASE, and we don't care which. We only care about which phase the second shooting is in, as it must match the first.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

The Central Planners overcome the odds by their planning of certain events timed with cosmic events or numerology.

You're directing this at the wrong person, I have little interest in pseudo-science.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The Central Planners overcome the odds by their planning of certain events timed with cosmic events or numerology.

You're directing this at the wrong person, I have little interest in pseudo-science.

I am just explaining to you that the "odds" of this happening at any given time are overcome by Event Planners, as opposed to it being a random happening.
Nothing happens on the world stage that is simply accident, in terms of wars, rumors of wars, and such, because the Event Planners have this all covered in their "managed conflict" arena. The collapse predicted by many is planned for a purpose.

No, I think I am not directing this at the wrong person, precisely because you do not perceive the metaphysical elements involved.

So please continue to argue useslessly over the probability of this happening. It DID happen consecutively and it has a deeper meaning whether you acknowledge it or not.

Do you believe everything is mere happenstance and the world is nothing but random chaos? Would you perchance have heard the latin term "ordo ab chao", out of chaos comes order, a phrase used by Freemasons?

en.wikipedia.org...(O)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I had to chime in - despite the debate on the odds of these events happening, we need more data!

Two data points is not enough for any kind of conclusion.

A bar-chart graph of "moon-phase" vs. "# of recorded mass-killings" may show some significance. If the spread of events is "clustered" around a particular phase, then we can form a hypothesis about the moons phase having some relevance.

Thats it - then if 90% of the events clustered on the "waxing new moon", we'd have an interesting theory!

But if 3.3% (1/29.5) of the data falls on the "waxing new moon" (and other events are also spread ~ evenly throughout), its just chance. Determine whats "greater than chance" to see if there is something interesting going on here.

Hope this adds to the conversation!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Throw in the Gabrielle Giffords shooting which was also on the same phase of the moon.

Its possible that the connection is gun control. Following these shootings there has been massive effots by the mainstream media for gun control and all three of the individuals have been suspected mind control patsies (at least on ats and other CT's).

Eric Holder has in the past called for using the specific term 'brainwashing' for gun control and is currently in power and was for the last three of these shootings. (see 1995 interview)

The director Chris Nolan and his brother Jonathan Nolan rose to fame with a film based on mind control called Memento and the executive producer Thomas Tull has produced other films with mind control and 'occult' themes such as Sucker Punch and Inception.

Jonathan Nolan has been charged with murder and kidnapping. Jonathan also wrote the screenplay for the Dark Knight Rises.

The occult has often been implicated in Hollywood as outlined in Scientology (which has connections to Bohemian Grove where they burn a child in effigy) which was founded by L Ron Hubbard who lived with Jack Parsons of NASA (unofficial JPL is Jack Parsons Labs see book Sex Rockets and Magic) and was performing rituals to summon the anti-christ. L Rons own son said scientology is just black magic. Both of these men were part of Crowley's OTO who is inspiration for many famous actors and musicians.

Manson was a member of an OTO offshoot who made his way fairly high into the music business. Also the musician who goes by Manson is a priest in the Church of Satan, so this activity is common place among the successful of 'entertainment.'

Then there are organizations like Skull and Bones which are secret societies with great influence around the world and are based on the mystery schools.

If you want more evidence of hollywood embracing the occult there is a Christian documentary called they sold their Soul for Rock and Roll and also Satanic Hollywood very eye Opening which provides documents and personal testimony of those close to these famous individuals.

It is just hard for most folks to believe that this sort of activity is far more common place.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Don't forget that Newton was a practicing Alchemist and took it far more seriously than his study of math and physics.

This goes for men like Francis Bacon as well.

You should read the book Secret Architecture of our Nation's Capital by freemason David Ovason where he outlines a consistent effort to mold Washington D.C. according to what would be an 'occult' belief of as above so below.

Here is a blog which goes much deeper into the architecture created by these same individuals throughout history. These are the leaders of society doing this.

Secrets In Plain Sight
www.secretsinplainsight.com...
edit on 20-12-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit

There is about 10 people on the very first page of every thread like this calling it coincidence, nothing, bull#$%, just shut up already.

I don't understand. You come to this website and don't add anything of substance to the topics, and even go out of your way to attempt to argument bait and misdirect the discussion. You know who you are.

Why are you people even here? And WHY is every single thread becoming like this???

Exactly. This site has become infiltrated by the sheeple. It's no better than the comment section on CNN or FauxNews.

People are talking about conspiracies on a conspiracy website? Say it ain't so!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The energy of both a new moon and a full moon lasts for about three days before and after the actual event. Both "white magicians" and those who employ the "Dark Side of the Force" (for lack of a better phrase) know this.

Remember, the various bodied and disembodied beings who seek to control the flow of events, perception, expectation, and creation on this planet like to try to hijack the times when great GOOD can be done (through metaphysical techniques like power prayer, affirmations, "positive thinking," shamanic healing, "white magic," etc.) and try to warp it in a negative direction. What better way to do that than to periodically stage horrific events to get people focused and fixated on the worst possible aspects of human nature, the shadow side of life, and so on? Get enough people focused the same way, with the same emotional charge, and the same expectations/visualizations at the same time, and you can basically "herd' the masses into becoming part of your esoteric ritual.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
ok guys call me idiot if you want but, what is the big buzz about this ? i can't see nothing out of normal.

could you guys explain better whats going on ?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
I read a long thread in another forum awhile back that was written by an insider occultist. I remember he said the the phases of the moon were essential to them to follow in deciding when to make certain sacrifices. What this makes me wonder is if Adam Lanza and James Holmes were into occultism.

The other much more nefarious theory is of course that these young men were used and or or set up by much more evil entities.

Either way it is quite creepy. In retrospect I wish I could change my thread title, but it's too late. Perhaps a mod who finds this interesting could help out.

Keep the theories and analysis coming, and thanks for your stars and flags!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DriCo04

Originally posted by Konduit

Exactly. This site has become infiltrated by the sheeple. It's no better than the comment section on CNN or FauxNews.

People are talking about conspiracies on a conspiracy website? Say it ain't so!!!!

Well, it looks more to me like this site has become a target of pseudo-skeptic activists such as those found at JREF.

/shrug

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think these people are used either through some form of hypnosis or other form of mind control to carry out these atrocities, by organisations or entities. The purpose is clear...........they are dis-arming the people. Take away weapons from the public and what you are left with is a neutralized nation that can no longer rise up and over throw governments. Take the UK for example, anytime there is a serious shooting more laws get passed that take weapons away. Even air weapons are getting close to a total ban. The USA will be next to get firearms banned. Every massacre and terrorist attack are being used to make us fear for our safety and ask the governments to come in and pass laws to make us feel safer. They are not making us safer just taking away rights, liberties and freedom.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
They are trying to form an occult connection between the mass killings listed so far and the phase of the moon, the main point of the argument being that many of these acts took place during the Crescent or Waxing Moon phase and are as such connected to a black magic ritual.

This is what the Islamic tradition believes.....

In Old Testament times, Nabonidus (555-539 BC), the last king of Babylon, built Tayma, Arabia as a center of Moon-god worship. Segall stated, "South Arabia's stellar religion has always been dominated by the Moon-god in various variations." Many scholars have also noticed that the Moon-god's name "Sin" is a part of such Arabic words as "Sinai," the "wilderness of Sin," etc. When the popularity of the Moon-god waned elsewhere, the Arabs remained true to their conviction that the Moon-god was the greatest of all gods. While they worshipped 360 gods at the Kabah in Mecca, the Moon-god was the chief deity. Mecca was in fact built as a shrine for the Moon-god.

This is what made it the most sacred site of Arabian paganism. In 1944, G. Caton Thompson revealed in her book, The Tombs and Moon Temple of Hureidha, that she had uncovered a temple of the Moon-god in southern Arabia. The symbols of the crescent moon and no less than twenty-one inscriptions with the name Sin were found in this temple. An idol which may be the Moon-god himself was also discovered. This was later confirmed by other well-known archeologists.

The evidence reveals that the temple of the Moon-god was active even in the Christian era. Evidence gathered from both North and South Arabia demonstrate that Moon-god worship was clearly active even in Muhammad's day and was still the dominant cult. According to numerous inscriptions, while the name of the Moon-god was Sin, his title was al-ilah, i.e. "the deity," meaning that he was the chief or high god among the gods. As Coon pointed out, "The god Il or Ilah was originally a phase of the Moon God." The Moon-god was called al- ilah, i.e. the god, which was shortened to Allah in pre-Islamic times. The pagan Arabs even used Allah in the names they gave to their children. For example, both Muhammad's father and uncle had Allah as part of their names.

and the Key of Solomon

For those matters then which appertain unto the Moon, such as the Invocation of Spirit, the Works of Necromancy, and the recovery of stolen property, it is necessary that the Moon should be in a Terrestrial Sign, viz.: Taurus, Virgo, or Capricorn.
For love, grace, and invisibility, the Moon should be in a Fiery Sign, viz.: Aries, Leo, or Sagittarius.
Page 14
Book One
For hatred, discord, and destruction, the Moon should be in a Watery Sign, viz.: Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces.
For experiments of a peculiar nature, which cannot be classed under any certain head, the Moon should be in an Airy Sign, viz.: Gemini, Libra, or Aquarius.
But if these things seem unto thee difficult to accomplish, it will suffice thee merely to notice the Moon after her combustion, or conjunction with the Sun, espe- cially just when she quits his beams and appeareth visible. For then it is good to make all experiments for the construction and operation of any matter. That is why the time from the New unto the Full Moon is proper for performing any of the experiments of which we have spoken above. But in her decrease or wane it is good for War, Distur- bance, and Discord. Likewise the period when she is almost deprived of light, is proper for experiments of invisibility, and of Death.

edit on 20-12-2012 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

on the subject of Devil worship

Human sacrifices are one of the principal characteristic traits of Devil-worship, but not the only one. There are in addition other devilish practices which are based on the idea that the Deity takes delight in witnessing tortures, and the height of abomination is reached in cannibalism, which, as anthropology teaches us, is not due to scarcity of food, but can always be traced back to some religious superstition, especially to the notion that he who partakes of the heart or brain of his adversary acquires the courage, strength, and other virtues of the slain man.

The last remnants of the idea that the wrath of the Deity must be appeased by blood, and that we acquire spiritual powers by eating the flesh and drinking the blood of the victim still linger with us to-day in the medieval

p. 14

interpretations of certain church dogmas, and will only disappear before the searching light of a fearless and consistent religious reformation. We must remember, however, that certain superstitions, at early stages of the religious development of mankind, are as unavoidable as the various errors which science and philosophy pass through in their natural evolution.

Religion always begins with fear, and the religion of savages may directly be defined as "the fear of evil and the various efforts made to escape evil." Though the fear of evil in the religions of civilised nations plays no longer so prominent a part, we yet learn through historical investigations that at an early stage of their development almost all worship was paid to the powers of evil, who were regarded with special awe and reverence.

Actual Devil-worship continues until the positive power of good is recognised and man finds out by experience that the good, although its progress may be ever so slow, is always victorious in the end. It is natural that the power that makes for righteousness is by and by recognised as the supreme ruler of all powers, and then the power of evil ceases to be an object of awe; it is no longer worshipped and not even propitiated, but struggled against, and the confidence prevails of a final victory of justice, right, and truth.

check here for more on the History of Evil from a not so recent perspective (1900)

Evil

However, that is merely just a connection that can be made and not one that is necessarily active in these cases. As previously stated in other posts, you can find evidence of mass killings closer to the full moon then any other. You should also consider the general population level of the area and the likelihood that someone, somewhere is just gonna lose it.

Remember all the Post Office shootings?

If you really wish to form a solid link between the occult and these killings you will need more then just the Moon's phase at the time.

Look for obvious Occult references in the killings or in the evidence, not in the name of the person.

Look for common occult tools, like knives, bells, candles as well common occult shapes like the circle, cross or crescent moon to be somewhere visible at the scene, at a shrine or on the persons body.

There are many 'Grimoires' or tomes of "Occult" knowledge out there, but most of those printed in the past 50 years can be discounted and of those that come before very few actively mention evil rituals and rites. This isn't to say that they do not exist, but one must consider the mentality of the church, the "Mob", and the conquerors of nations, who generally like to destroy such things in their entirety or merge them into their own beliefs.

Also consider the possibility of straight possession by demonic forces as opposed to a ritual designed to appease them.

Finally look for 'name-dropping' of specific deities or demons before or after the event in question, assuming the suspect is alive, and refrain from assuming that "Satan made me do it" means anything more then insanity unless you have enough side evidence to back it up.

P.S. -
On the subject of demons, be careful in any investigation and refrain from saying the names of any demons out loud as this draws their attention.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

S&F This is an interesting find.

The day after a New Moon is the beginning of the First Quarter of the Waxing Moon.

It's a high stress day, but considered excellent for planting a seed. Let me repeat that:

Excellent for PLANTING A SEED. It's also good for starting a lawsuit.

If you're wearing a tin foil hat (as I am), and are inclined to believe that there are forces at work in our government that want to take away our guns....

Maybe it's NOT an accident. The Illuminati do use astrology.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join