It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama calls on Biden for New Gun Regulations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't think the bodies of the recently departed have all been laid to rest and the Obama administration is calling on Vice President Joe Biden for new regulations including possible bans on assault rifles and high capacity mags.

I understand they are making these changes now to effect and control the population 30-50 years out from now but with billions of rounds of ammo being produced in America every year, and the millions of guns already on the streets, it's not plausible for them to push this agenda so quickly or have the capacity to follow trough with it.

Guns are a right that are too often forgotten ancestors died for, it's our right forever because the Bill of Rights was signed in their blood.
edit on 19-12-2012 by LooseLipsSinkShips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

As far as I know of only one has been laid to rest. That was as of yesterday so might be more by now.

But that aside the U.N. has been pushing for this for a long time.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What part of "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." they don't understand.

If they wan't to take guns, the only legal way the federal gov can do it is with an amendment. It's high time we hold these politicians to the law.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage
What part of "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." they don't understand.

If they wan't to take guns, the only legal way the federal gov can do it is with an amendment. It's high time we hold these politicians to the law.

Maybe it's the"arms" part that "they" don't understand?

Some discussion needs to happen to figure out just what "arms" are constitutional. Do we allow full auto?....hand grenades?....stinger missles?....pocket nukes?

These "legal" weapons have escalated over the years and will continue to do so until somebody realizes that this has gotten out of control and needs to be scaled back. That kid in Newtown was a one man militia. No single person should be able to have that much firepower. If you need that kind of killing potential, assemble your militia.
edit on 19-12-2012 by 3dman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

Obama administration is calling on Vice President Joe Biden for new regulations including possible bans on assault rifles and high capacity mags.

What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 3dman7

True, but the way to do it is by amendment. The federal laws on guns past and future are un-constitutional.

If the solution to this problem is through legislation, then lets do it the way it's supposed to work. re-do the second amendment, make it clear, easy to understand. Then leave it alone.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It absolutely irks me people act like there is no "regulations" on guns as it stands.

I tell ya what when the government stops selling its wepaons of death overseas and south of the border then maybe they get to lecture me about what I can or can't own.

new topics

top topics

join