Where was all the outrage in 1997?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Pearl High School shooting

The Pearl High School shooting was a school shooting that took place on October 1, 1997 at Pearl High School in Pearl, Mississippi. The gunman, 16-year-old Luke Woodham (born February 5, 1981), killed two students and injured seven others at his high school. Before the shooting at Pearl High School began, Woodham stabbed and bludgeoned his mother to death in his home.

But Wait........

The school's assistant principal, Joel Myrick, retrieved a .45 pistol from his truck and, spotting him near the parking lot, shouted for Woodham to stop. Woodham instead got into a his mother's car and tried to escape. Myrick, a US Army Reserve commander, detained Woodham until authorities arrived.

Ahh, now I understand. Since this event was cut short by the assistant principal getting a gun and stopping this kid from killing more people, it was not worthy of an agenda pushing news blitz.

The media plays these events to drive their agenda. But only when it suits their agenda.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Terms and Conditions of Use

15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.
edit on 19/12/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Where was the outrage before - during - and after the Waco massacre of 26 innocent children, and over 50 adults?

It [All] Depends Upon Whose Children Are Murdered and what advantage can be gained by the media towards its Zionist agenda of total control over the American people.

Bill Anderson
lewrockwell.com
December 17, 2012

The murder of 27 people, including 20 children, in Connecticut is utterly shocking and evil in every respect. Yet, many of the politicians who have demanded the president use all of his “powers” to impose punishment upon those who were innocent of this crime had no problem nearly 20 years ago when U.S. Government forces massacred 76 people, including 26 children, at Waco.
People like Sen. Charles Schumer, one of the loudest voices calling for draconian gun control laws in the wake of the murders, also was one of the loudest voices defending the FBI for its role in the murder of the children at Waco. As many Democrats have told me, the people at Waco were “nut jobs,” “wackos,” and the like, so it really was OK that they were slaughtered. (Yes, I know there are a few Democrats who were horrified at what happened, but I don’t know any personally, and I work in a place where almost everyone around me is a Democrat and a liberal Democrat at that.)
So, while people try to gain partisan advantage because of what happened Friday, we might remember that many of these same people would not care at all if a lot of other children were gunned down by government workers or immolated in fires the government officials deliberately set because, after all, their parents are “wackos.”

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SanDomenico

It's holy and righteous when the government kills children. Always has been since the days of human sacrifice.

Appease Holder and cut open your child on the alter for him.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Not only did a gun on school grounds stop him but the attack took place during Clintons AWB. A period of time gun-grabbers will tell you was nothing but milk and honey and no child ever fell victim to a firearm thanks to glorious Clinton.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Killing a couple of kids is sad. Killing 20 kids is tragic. I don't know what you expect but no one is out there telling individual people when to be outraged or not.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Killing a couple of kids is sad. Killing 20 kids is tragic. I don't know what you expect but no one is out there telling individual people when to be outraged or not.

I don't agree with you at all. I see how the media twists stories to fit whatever agenda they are pushing, while ignoring stories that tell the other side of said agenda. It's not news, it's propaganda.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You nailed it....the fact that he was stopped with a gun didnt exactly fit their "news" criteria given the larger agenda.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SanDomenico

Don't forget Jones Town and Ruby Ridge.

AMERICANS KEEP YOUR GUNS, OR YOU'LL BE FACING YOUR GOVERNMENT EMPTY HANDED.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am for gun ownership.
I think that its a fantastic deterrent for would be invaders, whether China or a crack head.

Have you heard the stat that gun owners in the US are the most powerful force on earth?
If we are talking purely conventional war & say the Chinese Army invaded.
They wouldn't stand a chance against US citizens. I think we could miss
our mark 9 out of 10 times and still have more guns and ammo. Not to mention owners
that are extremely proficient with them. Our government knows this fact.
They ain't coming for your guns.

It takes 200,000 troops
to secure 1,000,000 UNARMED civilians .
At 300,000,000 people,
even if we were unarmed, they couldn't do it.

All this, "They are gonna take our guns ! "
is the NRA letting you lobby for them.
The bigger the tradgedy the louder they get YOU to yell.
Let's think about it..

...It always amazes me how mad some gun owners get
when there is a mass slaying. They aren't mad at the shooter,
they are mad because what happened may effect them.
(though it never really has) Any gun owner want to tell me
how many guns Clinton or Obama have taken from you?
Having your guns physically taken and not being able to
buy an M-4 with an M-203 attachment are two TOTALLY different actions.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

Having your guns physically taken and not being able to
buy an M-4 with an M-203 attachment are two TOTALLY different actions.

Is that the new buzz word for bayonet lug? We're all supposed to shudder at the thought of grenade launchers on every corner?

I recall ABC news making a big stink about these hollow aluminum tubes a few months ago.

Oh noes you can buy a tube on the internetz!!!

They never did mention where to get grenades. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
With all this talk about school shootings, which has brought up questions like having armed teachers, security guards and more all around armed protection for students.

Here is my question.

What kind of protection do kids of the Politicians, Heads of State, Presidents of major Corporations, you know in short. Kids of the rich and famous, in there fancy private schools. And why don't Public Schools have the same type of protection. What! Our kids don't deserve the same. I thought that we were suppose to protect all of our kids. Not just the ones that are privileged.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suohhen

What kind of protection do kids of the Politicians, Heads of State, Presidents of major Corporations, you know in short. Kids of the rich and famous, in there fancy private schools. And why don't Public Schools have the same type of protection. What! Our kids don't deserve the same. I thought that we were suppose to protect all of our kids. Not just the ones that are privileged.

Just like the healthcare law. What's good for them cannot be afforded for you.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

It takes 200,000 troops
to secure 1,000,000 UNARMED civilians

utter twaddle

the gremans occuppied a large slice of europe with a fraction of your alledged " garrison requirements - and still had armies for campaigns on multiple fronts

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

How do you know, 16 years later the media skipped over that story?
Very presumptuous of you, no? Lest I remind you, the Internet was in its infancy right around then so perhaps it didn't make world-wide news, but I bet, it made the news somewhere.

I think what truly made this more unfathomable than any other massacre was the age of the students. Don't get me wrong, this would've been horrifying anyway, but because of their ripe ages--- it's etched in our heads with a piece of our hearts torn out and we'll never forget this story. Just the way Adam wanted it no doubt!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Exactly, Thus, until the MSM media gets onboard and tells the masses what is right and what is wrong, there is nothing but crickets. Such the case as this

Nice find op.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SanDomenico
Where was the outrage before - during - and after the Waco massacre of 26 innocent children, and over 50 adults?

Who is going to generate the outrage? The media?. The Media is made up of Democrats and the perpetrators were Democrats. Mystery solved.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

utter twaddle

the gremans occuppied a large slice of europe with a fraction of your alledged " garrison requirements - and still had armies for campaigns on multiple fronts

To be fair a lot of them were French.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
BBB but i WANT an M-4 WITH the 203 attachment......

just sayin...id like to collect and shoot one of EVERYTHING!
well...as many as i can afford to own anyways....
I also like reloading and repairing firearms as well as the fine art of restoring some....
The world of firarms is as fascinating as the world of antiques or art or anything else.....
Look at the FBI stats...GUNS UP-EQUALS CRIMES DOWN.......
Disarming the citizens is counter productive to individual safety!
Educating the Citizens towards GUN safety would cure a majority of these events.....
Israel is heavily citizen armed...yet how many gun deaths do they have?
Switzerlands another example....
The idea that banning guns provides safety is fallacious...its utterly false!
edit on 19-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by SanDomenico

Who is going to generate the outrage? The media?. The Media is made up of Democrats and the perpetrators were Democrats. Mystery solved.

Outrage was expressed by the people as regards the CT killings - not only throughout America, but throughout the world - repeat THE PEOPLE. The post was not a political statement.................where was the outrage at Ruby Ridge? Do you even know what happened at Waco and Ruby Ridge?

Where was the outrage towards the government when, out of a total of 169 victims at the Oklahoma City Murrah Building, 19 innocent children were murdered by the Zionist police state that has infiltrated the United States government. Where was the outrage then.
edit on 19-12-2012 by SanDomenico because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join