It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do for bronchitis and flu?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by resoe26

Yes, thanks for the advice.

I do the saline wash, too. In the past I just filled up a bowl of warm water, added salt, then dunked my head in and snorted it up my nostrils. NOT FUN. I like the idea of a kit much better.

As for the peppers.....even mild salsa makes me sweat.

No no no! If you salt to water ratio is off, you can burn your sinuses or drowned them causing them to swell. make sure you use a kit to get it right.
I learned this the hard way and that is when my ENT explained how dangerous it can be if you do not do it correctly. Oh and a little Afrin added never hurt anything.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Thanks for the heads up. That way was how my pharmacist did it, so I just assumed he knew what he was doing.

Hubby has a shopping list for tonight, and a kit is on it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by resoe26

Yes, thanks for the advice.

I do the saline wash, too. In the past I just filled up a bowl of warm water, added salt, then dunked my head in and snorted it up my nostrils. NOT FUN. I like the idea of a kit much better.

As for the peppers.....even mild salsa makes me sweat.

No no no! If you salt to water ratio is off, you can burn your sinuses or drowned them causing them to swell. make sure you use a kit to get it right.
I learned this the hard way and that is when my ENT explained how dangerous it can be if you do not do it correctly. Oh and a little Afrin added never hurt anything.

Salt pipe.
You breathe the salt,but without moisture.
Warm salty water may relieve symptoms for a short while,but dry salt pipe will give a longer lasting remedey and help your lungs develop resilience.

You need less moisture in your breathing rather than the extra moisture you would get with the hot water.
Dry the passages for easy breath .

edit on 19/12/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: a sinlge letter removed

<< 1   >>

join