It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory about the sandy hook shootings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I am putting my thread in this forum because i am sure most of you would just ignore my points.
anyway, whenever any mass murder takes place in which guns are involved, morons on the left start demanding gun control laws while cowboys( just joking) get paranoid and start defending their gun love but no one talks about why a young man with all his future in front of him would succumb to such evil.
you know when i heard that a youth has shot his mother, the first thought that came to my mind was- he must be someone without father or any good male influence in his life. if you analyze all the serial murderers and mass murderers, many of them come from broken homes and especially fatherless homes.
my theory in this case is that ADAM HATED HIS MOTHER and why would that be?? because i think his mother was a bitch and was the reason why Adam's father divorced her.
when will the society realize that boys need a strong father figure in their lives if they are to become a responsible 'man' and why we as a society hate fathers??
Adam resented his mother for removing his father, the one who he probably loved. and add to that the fortune his mother was leeching off him doing nothing, he had a serious cause for resenting his mother.
we also know that Adam's brother didn't talk to him for two years and being socially awkward, he wasn't able to make any notable friends who could help him. the frustration was probably becoming too much to handle for him
and eventually found the only way to get rid off it.
HE SHOT HIS MOTHER RIGHT IN THE FACE FOUR TIMESSSSS!!!! then he went on to kill those who he probably thought were more privileged than him having loving parents not like his own.
you know i have lived in the US for ten years and it may offend you but i haven't seen entitlement level of the kind i find here in women, must be the effect of disney and hollywood.
here, a white male father is treated like a purse and nothing more and i am not white. fatherlessness is celebrated here and in most of the western societies, how sad.
anyway my rant is geeting a bit boring and may be offending many but i have to tell you once again
- GUNS WERE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SHOOTINGS BUT OUR #TY SOCIETY WHICH PRODUCES BROKEN HOMES AND FATHERLESS CHILDREN.
edit on 19-12-2012 by deepankarm because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2012 by deepankarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

lot of speculation and i don't necessarily agree with your points as several men and women for that matter grow up fine and become successful happy human beings without a father figure in their life. I am not saying that a father doesn't matter they certainly do, but to diagnose that as the reason is a bit of a stretch because as I said a lot of people who don't grow up with one are fine and on the opposite side of the spectrum plenty of people come from great homes with loving parents and they shoot up a school or murder someone etc

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindXtheXveil

lot of speculation and i don't necessarily agree with your points as several men and women for that matter grow up fine and become successful happy human beings without a father figure in their life. I am not saying that a father doesn't matter they certainly do, but to diagnose that as the reason is a bit of a stretch because as I said a lot of people who don't grow up with one are fine and on the opposite side of the spectrum plenty of people come from great homes with loving parents and they shoot up a school or murder someone etc

I don't know man... Ever date a woman that had no father figure in thier life?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

you are correct sir. It is like Eminem said in one of his songs when he suggest that parents should look in the mirror before blaming him, Marilyn Manson, or Heroin (drugs).

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by behindXtheXveil

You mean the illusion of a good home. People can be well off and look the part but be too busy to be bothered with giving their kids true quality time and leave them to be raised by the purchased devises people use to let kids entertain themselves.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
reply to post by behindXtheXveil

You mean the illusion of a good home. People can be well off and look the part but be too busy to be bothered with giving their kids true quality time and leave them to be raised by the purchased devises people use to let kids entertain themselves.

This is true, but the illusion can go the other way as well, what may look a broken home (fatherless) can be a great environment for a child, just as having 2 parents can be a terrible one

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

it is a proven fact that children from broken homes especially fatherless homes are more prone to illegal activities.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

it is a proven fact that children from broken homes especially fatherless homes are more prone to illegal activities.

perhaps but the way you are putting it is as if it a given fact that this is the reason he did this, my point is it may and probably doesn't have anything to do with what adam did

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

perhaps but the way you are putting it is as if it a given fact that this is the reason he did this, my point is it may and probably doesn't have anything to do with what adam did
and this is the exact reason why i put my thread in this forum. personally i am almost convinced but i can't prove it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The broken and fatherless home certainly exacerbated the situation but he also had a serious psychological condition. I heard that he learned that his mother was going to have him committed and that was what sent him over the edge (plus he thought that she loved the school more than him). Does anyone have any more information on this report?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

This is the angle that I had been missing in this tragedy.

I wrote about the same idea in another thread. I focused on a possible possessive relationship Adam's mother had with him. This is only a gut feeling and thus speculation. I have seen single mothers replace their ex-husband with their son, to an extent, and using them for affection. I read somewhere that Mrs. Lanza was upset about Adam not showing her any physical affection. This was supposedly from a witness who had drinks with her in a bar recently. Whatever the case, I can definitely see a troubled relationship between mother and son (and indeed the missing father figure) as the root cause of Adam's actions. It doesn't always start out as 'autism' or whatever. Often times it is a result of seriously twisted parent/child relationships. That's my opinion. Certainly it must be frustrating to be completely dependent on your mother when you are 20 years old. She would have been the only thing in his way to becoming his own man. If, in addition to that, he was a sensitive kid with a short fuse, maybe that's all that's needed. But again, I'm just speculating on a hunch.

Anyhow, the whole case is way too focused on guns. It's not the wild west anymore. The constitution was written in a totally different context as today. The government now has stealth bombers and predatory drones. How are you going to defend yourself against those with guns? If they want to kill you, they will.

This has much more to do with morals in American culture. Just as a simple example: People generally find it normal there that you sue someone when they cause you material or emotional damage, even when they had no intention to, and were powerless to avoid it.

My brother was shot in the arm by his friend when he was 13. They were at the friend's house and there were no parents at home. They were shooting a .22 rifle out of the father's gun cabinet. My brother's friend loaded the rifle with a round still in the chamber and it shattered my brother's arm. The friend's parents were frantically calling my parents because they were so afraid of getting sued. My parents are European, and they found that very odd. Yeah, sure it was irresponsible of the parents to allow access to that gun. But they made a mistake, they're human, and it could have happened to ourselves in maybe another way. Are we going to ruin their lives now by suing them blind?

Maybe this story is extra difficult for Americans because it is pushing a mirror into their face. And the reaction is that they go and buy more guns (even parents of the victims). That tells me that they are thinking purely practical, and not even touching upon the deeper issues. I don't want to generalize this, just trying to make a clear point.

soulwaxer

new topics

top topics

join