It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pittsburgh: The Most Spiritual Point On The Planet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
So....I was watching the Pittsburgh news and I heard this.

Pittsburgh....

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I read about that a few years back in a PG article

How Did the Point Get on a Mayan Calendar

The fountain in Point State Park is a place to play and to soak in cool mist on a hot day. But to Vikki Hanchin and a local network of spiritually eclectic devotees, it is also a sacred place, a portal between Earth and heaven that they find depicted in the ancient Maya calendar.

According to that calendar, a new age is predicted to begin in 2012. Before that time, these local believers say, the aquifer feeding the fountain will develop miraculous healing powers.

The Maya, who flourished in southern Mexico and Central America from 2500 B.C. to 800 A.D., believed that certain places on Earth matched constellations in the sky, and were portals between this world and heaven.

These Pittsburghers today believe that the confluence of the three rivers at the Point, together with the "underground river" that feeds the fountain, are an exact match for the "Tree of Life" or "World Tree" that the Maya saw at the center of the Milky Way. That, they say, makes it a very important portal to another world.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hey my home town of Pittsburgh, who woulda thought lol... havent been there in a few years, maybe time to take a drive out there

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Thanks for the laugh!
I really needed it with all the recent bad news.
From my time in Pittsburgh I can say I really had a great spiritual time.

Well, sorta. Wish I could say more but hey, I have the memories.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Most people don't know that the fountain at the point of the three rivers, is actually fed by the river underground. Pittsburgh is essentially a floating city.

Since I am from Pittsburgh, does that mean I am going to be ok?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Here is something you might find interesting. Just to the west of Pittsburgh, is one of the oldest sites in North America.

Radiocarbon dating of the site indicated occupancy beginning 16,000 years ago and possibly as early as 19,000 years ago. The dates are still controversial, although some archaeologists familiar with evidence from the site agree that Meadowcroft was used in the pre-Clovis era and, as such, provides evidence for very early human habitation of the Americas. In fact, if the 19,000-years-ago dating is correct, Meadowcroft Rockshelter is the oldest known site of human habitation in North America, and thus provides a unique glimpse into the lives of prehistoric hunters and gatherers. Woodland, Archaic, and Paleoindian remains have been found at the site.

meadowcroft rock shelter

The clovis people, are the ancestors of Native Americans and Native South Americans, as they came down from Alaska, through North America, though South America.

So are essentially, the ancestors of the Mayans.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Since I am from Pittsburgh, does that mean I am going to be ok?

Either that or we're the first to bite the dust/get vaporized etc.

On a related note I saw one of those Edgar Cayce (or someone) apocalypse maps some time back that our slice of heaven on earth right smack in the center of the survivors zone.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jetman44

Thanks for posting this article. It's truly fascinating!

Since I'm originally from a town just outside of Pittsburgh, I'm not surprised. There is an energy there and this area has many of the friendliest people you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting. Not to mention, most of the people are more awake to what's going on than any of the many places I've traveled to.

For the past few years, Pittsburgh has been calling me back. If it weren't for this damned economy, I'd be there already.

Go Steelers!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The world can't end yet, I'm still waiting for hockey season!

I love pittsburgh! Definitely not a spiritual place, though...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Funny you mention that place, Nixie.
Definitely in my neck-of-the-woods.

In my signature is a link to my journey (with pics) to Meadowcroft from this past summer.
I had a great time visiting and enjoyed every second of my time there.
I definitely think that there have been people living here far before that specific time.
That particular site is just a small fraction of a large time frame for human habitation here.

If this area is anything, it is definitely old and spectacular.
There are plenty of mounds and burial sites all along the creeks around the Ohio valley.
Even more rock shelters that haven't been excavated, also.
I can only imagine what it was like back in those days.

As for Pittsburgh and it's three rivers converging...
Maybe it will turn into a great "fountain of youth" after tomorrow.

One could only hope!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

It pulled me back after being away from the area for 27 years...I was married and had a life and a job. Lost my life (divorce and house) and my job. I was forced to return to my small town just east of the 'burgh. I am slowly getting my life back together again.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I had never heard of that place till now. Now I want to check it out.

I am sure there has been a lot of activity in that area, but unfortuantely the weather and terrain is not very conducive to preserving it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have been trying to get back to Pittsburgh for the past 20 years. Now I am stuck due to custody issues, but finding jobs are hard too.

Though as lovely as the place can be to live, the weather sucks. AT this point, I don't know if my bones could handle it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

As for Pittsburgh and it's three rivers converging... Maybe it will turn into a great "fountain of youth" after tomorrow.

Man, I hope so. If I remember once the weather warms up again (in what will feel like 3 years considering today's temps) I might just wander down to the Point after work some day and splash around the fountain to lose a year or twelve.

Originally posted by Jetman44
reply to post by Afterthought

It pulled me back after being away from the area for 27 years...I was married and had a life and a job. Lost my life (divorce and house) and my job. I was forced to return to my small town just east of the 'burgh. I am slowly getting my life back together again.

Welcome "home" and may the good vibes stay with you.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I've only been to Pittsburgh once and I saw two dudes in a fight outside of a McDonald's. Didn't seem like a great place.

new topics

top topics

join