It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Banning - Why would gun control measures that didn't work in the UK, work in the U.S.? (Hungerf

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Yes because Canada is blah blah blah

We get it..

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Ahh..your one story..now find more..
You need to prove that without guns a country would be in utter disarray and under siege by criminals.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Yes because Canada is blah blah blah

We get it..

blah blah blah..means awesome. The one country that pro gunners can't use as a reason for guns. It is the one country that anti gunners can use for the reason against..

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Arizona.. You think the Mexican drug cartel weapons are legal?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

What kind of guns are available to buy in canada (to the regular public)?

Also you guys have had mass shootings, and you have like 1/10th our population. Plus you have a better mental healthcare.

The two countries are almost uncomparable, but thanks for not even making an attempt and giving no information.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

That makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
It hasn't solved the problem, but it has left the population disarmed.

It hasn't solved the problem, maybe. But the population was never armed to start with, and apart from target shooters, gun legislation hasn't affected anyone in Britain.

That's what Americans don't understand. We never had nor wanted guns other than for sporting purposes (most of which remain legal).

Britons have never wanted to take an assault rifle, or even a colt 45, with them on a cycle ride in the country or into school or on a shopping trip. Never. And we never want to. We don't need to. We're much more likey to die by lightning strike.
edit on 19-12-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I was saying that pro gunners cannot say look at the way Canada is without guns...they cannot say we have more crimes and deaths due to gun control laws.

The anti gunners can use our country and say..this is how good life can be with stricter gun laws.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No I don't have to provee anything, and that one story was just a personal anecdote from the one time I went to Canada.

I will say I am tired of people coming into my thread and not getting it. Its about banning a class of gun. And how governments can ban them a class at a time until the public is disarmed. We aren't talking about crime here, we are talking about maintainning a right. Hell you puckies might be in chains by now if we did't have guns. You really can't say because they have always been there.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

But it's not stricter gun laws, its smaller population in a huge country, and free mental healthcare. You can look at countries with even stricter gun control than you, like France and see a much higher gun death rate.

So you thinking its your strict gun laws that are stopping the crime is foolish. You can't just isolate Canada you have to look at other countries with strict gun laws too.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Well id say you don't speak for all brits, but let me make this clear, first off most brits and canadians are ignorant of what gun culture is actually like in America. Most guns don't leave the house or the car. They don't go on cycle rides.
We have so many more HUGE cities compared to both your countries, we have about 6 times the population of the UK and 10 times that of canada.

Another thing, I have met several british that were pumped to come to the US and come to gun shows to play with guns. You guys act like the things will bite you. You don't speak for all brits or canadians and you only take pride in your lack of a right because you can't do anything about it. Your countries are not comparable to the states and we keep getting off topic attempting to do so.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

No I don't have to provee anything, and that one story was just a personal anecdote from the one time I went to Canada.

I will say I am tired of people coming into my thread and not getting it. Its about banning a class of gun. And how governments can ban them a class at a time until the public is disarmed. We aren't talking about crime here, we are talking about maintainning a right. Hell you puckies might be in chains by now if we did't have guns. You really can't say because they have always been there.

I don't need to show stats when I told you we have strict gun control laws up here and we are perfectly fine. We do not live in fear..and a lot of people feel so safe in their own country that they can fall asleep with their doors unlocked.

Of course it is not safe to do..because we still have our shares of criminals.

Please to say that if Americans didn't have guns, we Canadians would be in chains is laughable.
I can say that because..what happens with your gun laws only effects us negatively as the more guns accessible to you people the more our country is in danger from criminals, as most Canadians feel, since their guns come from your country...we rarely want anything to do with America and feel insulted when someone mistakes us for an American. Most countries breathe a sigh of relief when they find out we aren't Americans.

edit on 19-12-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Guns feed my family. How's that for a reason?

Hmmm?

----------

P.S. If you don't want to have anything to do with America then leave this thread please as it does not concern you.
edit on 19-12-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

The fact is though, those mass shootings in America are getting to be a regular occurrence.

I'm not saying America should ban guns, I think there should be tighter controls in place as to what type of weapons/ammo are available, and more thorough checks on the people purchasing them.

And yes, the guy responsible for the Cumbrian shooting was a half decent guy, I knew him personally and had many conversations with him when he gave me lifts home, either with shopping, or late on from the pub. (I also knew two of the victims, one I went to college with, the other was an arsehole solicitor (lawyer)).

EDIT: I know I have no say in American affairs, and I don't understand gun culture, I'm just voicing my opinion.

edit on 19/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

The fact is though, those mass shootings in America are getting to be a regular occurrence.

What exactly would you call a "regular occurrence"?

Daily, weekly, once a year?

Statistically the shootings are very low. Except when blown out of proportion by the media.

We still have more kids killed in swimming pools than by guns every year.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Eh we leave our doors unlocked all the time. Probably only lock themat night, and that's just if we remember. You missed the point (there's been a lot of that in this thread).

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by AndyMayhew

Well id say you don't speak for all brits, but let me make this clear, first off most brits and canadians are ignorant of what gun culture is actually like in America. Most guns don't leave the house or the car. They don't go on cycle rides.
We have so many more HUGE cities compared to both your countries, we have about 6 times the population of the UK and 10 times that of canada.

Another thing, I have met several british that were pumped to come to the US and come to gun shows to play with guns. You guys act like the things will bite you. You don't speak for all brits or canadians and you only take pride in your lack of a right because you can't do anything about it. Your countries are not comparable to the states and we keep getting off topic attempting to do so.

Yes, AndyMayhew does speak for the vast majority as least as far as Brits, AKA British UK are concerned. We don't want gun proliferation, get it? they know the damage a gun can do, that is what it is designed for, and it is so easy. The population figures are irrelevant in the way you describe and so are not off topic.
edit on 19-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

about assault rifles

education is the key... the shooter did not use an assault rifle if it indeed was an AR15, an M4 which is the same gun is fully automatic, therefore an "assault rifle"

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It is simple, you don't want your enemies armed.

Now look at the Federal Government....who is owned by the very powers our founding fathers fought at our birth as a nation.

In the USA...today...you have no right to protect yourself...if you are a citizen.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I shall just say: How many school massacres does it take before the gun happy US citizens realise gun control is needed? How many inoccent children HAVE to die before you get your head out of your arses?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
this could be a Lamborghini...

but it's actually a Pontiac Fiero.

lets ban all kit cars because people tend to speed inthem more and have more accidents...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join