It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on life after death.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
As of this day, still no one knows what happens to us humans when we die, i thought id just bring this subject up as i read these Mayan Apocalypse doomsday theories, as for myself i don't believe in the Mayan doomsday or any chaos predictions... most of all i don't believe when we die we will be reborn as another human/bird or sent to heaven or hell or what ever, No one has any accurate proof of life when we die.. it could be that we just stop functioning and we fade into pitch black with no thoughts.

Gone.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I would agree with you on that one, i don't believe anything happens to us once
we are gone, also i would point out that all of the evidence we do have suggests
that a soul is not real, IE what makes us "us" is actually wholly physical, this can
be seen in cases of dementia and Alzheimer's, they loose their sense of identity due
to damage to the brain, which would suggest that the physical is all that matters
for consciousness, if there were a soul then it would have to be a non influential part
of us that does not contain our identity per say.

This has always fascinated me as i do wish there were another form of existence
after this one if for nothing else then maybe to live in a reality not influenced and
made wholly worthless by religion, if this is our only existence then its sad that so
many simply throw it away because they think there will be something even better
after we die, without proof even, they are more likely to let things go or just be that
are wrong because they believe that wrongs will be righted after we all die......

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
After we die we will know - or not.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

A lot of people fear death and I think that is why there is so much emphasis put on the afterlife. Yet living is so much harder than death, maybe more emphasis should be put on living.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This past summer, I had an emergency which required brain surgery. I remember the ambulance showing up and loading me in for the trip to the hospital. I arrived, then nothing. Apparently while I was there, I had a seizure, and was comatose for roughly a week. A lot of other factors occurred, which I won't go into. I remember nothing. Recently, I had another seizure that had me airlifted to another hospital, and when I came to, I didn't know where I was. Total missing time.

I used to think there was a life after death, but now I am afraid I am really doubting it now.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

We don't remember everything that happens to us but it's still there. There are a handful of people in the world who remember every minute of their lives. One is an American actress. This group of people is being studied.

Also, Alzheimer's/dementia patients will, now and then, recognize family and talk to them, so everything is still there. It's just a matter of access.

Have more faith, not necessarily religious. What's in your head goes on after the wet stuff dies.

The condition is called superior autobiographical memory. The actress is Marilu Henner.

edit on 12/19/2012 by PrplHrt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I always used to believe in "heaven" and "hell"... and I don't mean the biblical ones. I'll try to explain...

I used to believe that when you die your soul becomes pure. So, when looking back at the life you had (as a pure soul), the afterlife would either be heaven or hell depending on how you'd lived.

This all changed when I... eh... "had a vision" sounds so profound. Hahahahaha! It wasn't a big deal, but I saw (or I'm sure many will say "imagined") the end/death/afterlife/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.

I was a passenger in a car, and suddenly I not only saw, but felt (and it felt goooooooood!) "it". Just a wonderful white light, a light where nothing mattered. Didn't matter if you'd been good or bad (santa might see you, but the light don't care. Hahahaha), nothing would matter at all. Not being in the light, but becoming part of the light. The light was everything. Everything that's ever lived, or that will live, was part of that light.

I was a second away from unbuckling my seatbelt and just throwing myself out of the car. Nothing I've ever done or said in this life matters, nothing I ever do or say in this life will matter... And that was perfectly fine, as I would be part of "it".

Only thing that stopped me was a fleeting thought of OH that was driving the car... I know none of it would have mattered in the end, but it would have mattered to him at that point, if I in a fit or either insanity or sanity (hahahaha!) killed myself by jumping out of the car. He'd have been devistated... at the end of it all, none of that would have mattered, but it certainly would have mattered to him whilst still alive. So I sat put. The light faded, and I haven't seen it again.

And no, I have no urgest to end it all. Life's good. But I think what comes after is even better.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Very interesting... I figured with all that has happened to me thus far, I'd have seen something. Especially when the doctors and nurses claiming a miracle had happened to me. They had my parents preparing for my funeral, and the surgery wasn't able to happen at first because my heart was only working at 13%.

Thought I should have seen something in that time. I guess one day I'll find out.

new topics

top topics

join