It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Had to Choose..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
My first question is, how many of you do not believe any event will occur on the 21st, but secretly hope something will?

On to the main question. Completely hypothetical, but I'm curious.
Let's say you had to make a conscious decision between whether: a large event occurs in 2 days, or that no such event occurs. So you can choose between the two, and your choice determines the outcome.

50 percent chance that we are visited by benevolent extraterrestrials, who tutor us in very advanced technologies & help unify the world. Essentially leading us towards a utopian society.

50 percent chance that we are visited by a malevolent race, who invade us through an inter-dimensional rift --- pillage, destroy, rape & finally enslave the human species.

Would you pick yes? If so, at which percentage/ratio would you decide no event? Likewise, if you pick no, at what ratio would you choose yes? Let's say 90 percent chance of benevolent intervention?

------

Another scenario is.

50 percent chance of 'ascension' to a higher dimension of consciousness.

50 percent change of doomsday.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
My first question is, how many of you do not believe any event will occur on the 21st, but secretly hope something will?

Well, that's me.

Of all the taxpayer's money spent on Bluebeam, I think they owe us a good lightshow, at the very least!

As far as aliens showing us (which I would like to see), unfortunately, I think it's going to be another no-show.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
yes, please.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Well.

50 percent chance that we are visited by a malevolent race, who invade us through an inter-dimensional rift --- pillage, destroy, rape & finally enslave the human species.

100% here

and

50 percent change of doomsday.

100% here.

"Some men just want to see the world burn."

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I do hope that this day will be over soon, so all this nonsense will just stop.

It is not entertaining anymore, and I have the massive fear that mindless idiots will take idiotic measures so that "innocent will not suffer from the apocalypse", aka shootings, mass murders by poison or bombings etc.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
I do hope that this day will be over soon, so all this nonsense will just stop.

It is not entertaining anymore, and I have the massive fear that mindless idiots will take idiotic measures so that "innocent will not suffer from the apocalypse", aka shootings, mass murders by poison or bombings etc.

And complaining will help?

This thread is hypothetical.

Simmer your fear and accept what happens. Have faith in your fellow man.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

0_0 You're being serious?? I didn't think enslavement of the species would be something anyone would want. Doomsday, perhaps I can see some wanting that. But there's a difference between a natural doomsday event, and one in which you are stripped of all freedom by a race of sadistic power-hungry ETs.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
reply to post by Mizzijr

0_0 You're being serious?? I didn't think enslavement of the species would be something anyone would want. Doomsday, perhaps I can see some wanting that. But there's a difference between a natural doomsday event, and one in which you are stripped of all freedom by a race of sadistic power-hungry ETs.

Lol no, I'm kidding. Looking for this kind of reaction is all

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Yes, I would like to see something happen on the 21st. Before this past friday, I probably would have said, I'd like to see anything happen (big earthquake(s), volcanoes, tsunami), but after the shootings, I don't think I (or other people) could handle anymore death. So I would want to see something, that ultimately wouldn't hurt people. How about a black out for 4hours. It would be enough to scare people (hopefully enough so people appreciate what they have but not long enough to cause mass hysteria).

If its a 50 /50 shot of something good or bad happening, I don't want to take that chance. If its a 90/10 chance of something good/bad happening, I'll take that chance.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I don't think anything will happen.

BUT...there's another possibility that whittles your 50/50 choice of ET interaction to 33.3/33.3/33.3

Vistiation by a species of ET that are totally ambivalent to humanity and mostly ignore us, while they do what they have come here to do.

But given the choice, i'd obviously choose option 1...the nice, teacher type ETs.

top topics

join