It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Blood Pressure get yours tested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Seriously folks I got very sick recently and my blood pressure was 220/135 .
I have been given Blood pressure medication which is very slowly working.
You may not know you have high blood pressure but if you find yourself feeling funny and agitated and clammy you may be suffering high Blood pressure.
It is called the silent killer because many victims are not aware their BP is too high .
The ideal BP is 130/80 approx.
High BP can cause people to drink alcohol rapidly as short term alcohol reduces BP ..but then sends it soaring when you sober up....for several days.
I may have had high BP for years in fact Iam lucky perhaps to be alive.
Avoid salt,alcohol in high doses and get the weight off.
I cannot stress how your knowing of high BP is very important.
If you get put on tablets you may have to take them for life, but a stroke or heart attack/kidney failure/permanent eyesight damage ...are not fun things.
Get it tested.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I know a lot about BP. I use to have high BP in my late 20s, & I worked as a "cheap nurse" for agencies who monitored them as well as dispense medications for it.

How is you diet? .... says everyone.

If your weight is high, or your diet is junk food riddled, then you will have high BP.
How is your stress levels? Are you worried about a lot? Are you focused on problem solving 24/7?

Forget salt, nutrition labels, anything mainstream tells you to pay attention to, are you eating natural foods? Are you focused on anything negative? Correcting these issues have the best effect on one's health.

Medications.... I'm not commenting. Too many people take offense.
They are never solutions to the cause of the problems.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I agree with some of what you say.
But studies have proven those who have suffered strokes early relatively in life had suffered high blood pressure without knowing in a majority of cases.
Taking aspirin will thin your blood and may prevent stroke also.
Negativity is a bad thing..yes.
All Iam saying is High blood pressure over any significant time period is a big DANGER.

new topics

join