It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question regarding website "promotion"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I am working on a project for mapping theories, sources, data and so on to help forums and sites that deal with such information by hopefully reducing the amount of uninformed topics,comments,etc at least a tiny bit.
My goal being to give online discussion a healthier userbase by giving a better way of differentiating between theory, hypothesis, knowledge, lies and that which is proven false. While simultaneously helping researchers do what they do.

I understand asking members of ATS if they are interested in joining/helping and similar may be against the ATS T&Cs. Therefore I decided to post here to be sure. Would this be allowed?

If it is not allowed I will not mention it again. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely
ShadowBase

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowBase

It is my understanding that you can put a link to your personal web site in your signature line. But you have to have permission from ATS staff before you do so. Find one of the super moderators, administrators or owners and send them a U2U message requesting permission and include a link to your site for them to take a look at it. But they are very busy so it could take a while to get am answer.

I made a request to list my site on Dec 9th and received an answer on the 11th stating that it would be brought up to other staff members. I have yet to receive any further responses.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The general rule is we require a member to participate for 6 months before we review a link to their personal site for approval. Soliciting our membership, in any way, is against the Terms and Conditions of Use for obvious privacy reasons.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I will have to find some other solution then. Thank you for the answer.

ShadowBase

new topics

top topics

join