It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasobservingquietly
Wow! Just wow!!!

So...what if an eagle takes a baby....
but nobody is around to get pictures.....
the parent calls 911.....says a bird took my baby...
nobody else happened to see it....the baby is gone...
the parent goes to jail...or a mental institution!!

Which is pretty much what happened in Australia with the Dingo case...

I have to admit, I laughed, that was one ambitious eagle...and the laughter was reflexive. BUT, had that baby been a new born, and not so weighed down by winter clothing...well, coulda be a different story.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by munkey66

Can you point out what makes it look fake in that clip, I have viewed it a couple of times, observed shadows, camera movements etc, and I can't see anything that would indicate it.

Not trying to say you are wrong, just hoping you can advise what we are supposed to be looking for.

Take a look at the wing movement from an eagle taking off

now look at the lack of wing movement in the one taking the baby

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

But if you take a look at this clip, around the 30 second mark, it grabs something (fox?) off the ground and takes straight off, the wing movement is the same as in the video with the baby. Maybe there is a difference with initial take off and take off from already in flight? Or different species of eagle?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

the reason the eagle glides like that in your video is due to the fact that the eagle is taking a lure being dragged behind the horse and the eagle is pretty much flying like a kite having the lure in its claws and it taking up the slack of the line causing it to take off like a kite does when you run with it.

at the 28 second mark you can see the lure being pulled to the left as the eagle tries to go right and the line goes loose at the 30 second mark.
edit on 19-12-2012 by munkey66 because: added content explaining in more detail the video

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
had me fooled till I saw that zoom.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Nevertheless... this COULD happen... just see the clips where the eagles are pulling goats off the cliffs and dropping them to their deaths, the clips where they hunt wolves, and the clip of the mongolian kids who get tagged by one of these birds.

Their talons are insane....

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

there is no denying that this could happen, reality however is this video is a fake and someone is trying to pass it off as real.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by parkourer
His not your regular predator eagle...
His a child predator eagle.

If I'd been drinking, I would have spat it out! thanks for the laugh!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That is some crazy footage!

When I lived on Vancouver Island we would hear about stories all the time from the ( Canadian Bald Eagles
) who would try to pick up small children and other large sized mammals.

Some of the stories were myths, but some were true. I can only imagine what was racing through the parent's minds at the time of the incident. Good thing the kid is okay

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebHFX
reply to post by RUFFREADY

That has to be fake! I grew up in Montreal and I've never seen any eagle on Mont Royal in 33 years. There's peregrine falcons downtown but eagles?

And you have been at that park EVERY SINGLE day for 33yrs?

Just because you didnt see it doesnt' mean it didnt or couldn't happen. JHC

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Still don't think it's fake. The coat could be caught on a talon, causing the child to continue to rise for that brief second. I could be wrong, but we have eagles around my house now in Moncton. There making a comeback. We've been told to watch when we let our cats out.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by woogleuk

how about the baby being roughly 8 inches out of the reach of the talons but still rising before falling?

I think its called momentum

such a majestic bird
edit on 19/12/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

hot damn! Had a bald eagle not to long ago try to swoop down and grab one of my puppies. nuts!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It's someones pet. Trained to go grab that kid like that. Since when does the guy just happen to be taking a video of it and someone he doesn't know just happens to be folding something next to a stroller with a tiny toddler standing that far away from the parent?

BULLSHET HARDCORE !

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Lets have another look at this per "ParaBreakdown" . Well, what do ya think.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Stabilisation can cause unnatural movement, I stopped using it when filming mates gigs as it looked really odd.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've seen a few golden eagles
in my time around montana.
They do get huge, one was on the edge
of the road, i was doing 70, all i could
think of was "Please dont get in the road"
because i had a car coming and could not get
over.
They do get huge that is for sure.
I could see where one would have the strength
to do what this video showed.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

WOW!
What a lucky kid! I Never even thought about a situation like this Occurring! Its "SCARY"and Hilarious at the same time...
Great find OP.. S&F..

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Eagles snatch prey like that all the time as im sure you know......just happened to be a small human being this time. Thats all. Thank the Lord it dropped the baby though!!! Whew!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Oh man.. he probably could have carried him. I can't imagine a worse way to go really, if he didn't drop you to kill you first that is (which isn't a great way to go in itself). That kid came really really close to death. Not just because of the eagle, but because if it had gotten a bit higher, say to the tree tops and lost him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join