It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian jets bomb Palestinian camp in Damascus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

So why are France, Britain and the USA recognising the opposition without the approval of the Syrian people?

Hmmmm........

How does ANY Country get "approval" of a people, when they are being killed?

Assad represents the Syrian people and he is defending their country. Is that better?

Assad represents himself. France Britain and the US, have no dog in this fight. Assad does. He has Iran, Russia, and Pro Assad Palestinians helping in the killing of his own people, and now Palestinians.......

Those are the FACTS.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
reply to post by sonnny1

Proof..?

A major pro-Assad Palestinian faction, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command, confirmed in a statement that explosions had occurred near the Husseini mosque and the Fallouja School. The group said it could neither "confirm nor refute" reports of aerial bombardment.

www.latimes.com...

Also as I stated, how did they know it was Syrian jets..?
edit on 19-12-2012 by amkia because: (no reason given)

Syria ALLOWS Israeli Bombers to fly and bomb Palestinians? With no Reports on it?

Oh come on........

I suppose these were Israeli Jets too?

When all else fails, blame the Zionists......

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Hmmmm........

Well, the FSA and their terrorist buddies are contributing to the killings, so how can you approve a movement which is committing the very same war crimes?

Assad represents himself. France Britain and the US, have no dog in this fight. Assad does. He has Iran, Russia, and Pro Assad Palestinians helping in the killing of his own people, and now Palestinians.......

Those are the FACTS.

The countries you name may not own any of the dogs in the fight, but they sure as hell are betting on one of them
Now they are just waiting to see whether their investment pays out. It will be a great return if they get up.. As for the Assad aligned countries, in the West we call them allies.

I follow Manchester United, but tonight I have a bet on Chelsea. I really couldn't care about the outcome usually but because I have invested in Chelsea, I want them to thump Leeds United. They are serving my best interests if they win... The same could be said when it comes to Syria and the West.
edit on 19-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Proof..?

A major pro-Assad Palestinian faction, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command, confirmed in a statement that explosions had occurred near the Husseini mosque and the Fallouja School. The group said it could neither "confirm nor refute" reports of aerial bombardment.

www.latimes.com...

Also as I stated, how did they know it was Syrian jets..?
edit on 19-12-2012 by amkia because: (no reason given)

Even if it WAS Syrian jets this quote from that article suggests this is not what some in this thread are making it out to be at all...

"The explosions came after more than 1,500 members of "armed gangs" — a government label for rebel fighters — breached the camp confines, the Popular Front said, adding that loyalist "popular councils" confronted the rebels."

Although it's sad... it sounds to me like they were there knowing the dangers of war and prepared to die for the cause and we are not talking about an entire camp of Palestinians being bombed. We are not talking about droves of Palestinians supporting the rebels and getting killed by "mean ol Assad"

This thread would have people believing that bunches and bunches of pro rebel Palestinians are being killed by syrian forces.

If they are siding with rebels, they are a fish out of water and should probably go back to Palestine and fight their own war.

Again, anyone who doesn't want to die in Syria should get out. Those who take risks are aware of the consequences.
edit on 19-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

If the Average Syrian wants change, more power to them.

I know Assad has committed crimes on his own people. I of course want to see an end to the bloodshed. How that happens, and when is another story. Whatever happens, I hope its soon.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Lol

Did they report anything when the Israelis bombed their supposedly nuclear power plant some years ago..?

Again, any proof of aerial bombing by Syrian airforce..?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Not so easy, to leave a War Zone. Especially if you have no where to go.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Lol

Did they report anything when the Israelis bombed their supposedly nuclear power plant some years ago..?

Again, any proof of aerial bombing by Syrian airforce..?

My first post was to leave Israel out of the blame game, in Syria.

YOU obviously didn't read that. Start your OWN thread on how you think its Israeli Bombers, bombing people in Syria.

I dare you to.......

Deny Ignorance indeed...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I know Assad has committed crimes on his own people. I of course want to see an end to the bloodshed. How that happens, and when is another story. Whatever happens, I hope its soon.

To believe that is what is going on here is very naive.

*I* want change. Do you recommend I point a rocket launcher at a USAF jet?

Assad wanted more secular notions and more freedom for the new regime but he soon learned how Syria is infiltrated by terrorists and so they tightened their grip on some freedoms but it's not like they were dragging people out into the streets and executing them. It was a situation that if you didn't like it.... you could move. It's not really going to mean that Assad is going to take over the entire region and control all the fuel, is it?

You can move to the opposite side of the world from Israel and still not get away from them.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You keep dodging my first question…

Bombing or not… how did they know that it was Syrian jets..?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I'm not saying your wrong, Assad is definetly guilty of killing innocent people. The FSA are also guilty though and because they have terrorist elements operating within Syria also, I find it confusing as to why we would throw our support behind that movement. To me, none of them are innocent and that includes our very own leaders who have allowed this to spiral out of control.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Yawn....

I imagine the US cares about the Palestinians in Syria about as much as they care about anyone else.

You know, the Palestinians that were just killed with American arms and funds? The 500,000 dead Iraqi children they thought was "worth it" to achieve their aims in Iraq? The millions of Americans being raped and pillaged by the Corporatocracy? That's so cute that you believe them when they say they care...

As for the Palestinians in Syria, as usual, there are two sides to every story, and you can bet you won't get it from the usual liars. You do know they lie to us, don't you? Don't you? It really seems that you don't...It seems you've drunk the He's killing his own people™!, the FSA are freedom fighters™! kool-aid...

Maybe they're trying to capitalize on the recent and obvious world sympathy for the Palestinians? Yes, I think that's what's going on here...

From the article you posted:

Their offensive in the Palestinian refugee camp of Yarmouk in southern Damascus, which began Friday, is aimed at driving out a pro-government Palestinian faction.

An offensive. The rebels started it, trying to drive out the pro-Assad Palestinians. That's the liars telling you/admitting that.

This scenario has been playing out in every area and neighborhood the FSA comes to. I'm certain that the people who decided to stay knew exactly what was going to happen, ie, the Syrian Army would soon follow. The people who have no choice but to stay, do you know what happens most of the time when the Syrian Army gets there? They are happy to see them! The Syrian Army are the liberators, not the FSA. The FSA brings all of it to their doorstep and they know it.

Here is another article with the other side of the story:

"Insurgents attack Yarmouk refugee camp in Damascus" Dec 17/12
nsnbc.wordpress.com...

According to Raja the Yarmukh refugee camp has suffered a renewed attack from insurgents. The attack has been repelled.

The first attack against Yarmouk took place in November, killing several of the leaders of the Palestinian popular committees that were formed to protect the camp by preventing insurgents from entering.

Anwar Raja stated that the Syrian Army came to rescue the Palestinians in Yarmouk by expelling the insurgents. Raja said that it was at this time that the media war started. Foreign media began disseminating the misinformation that the Syrian Army had attacked the Yarmouk refugee camp. The reality of the situation is that the Syrian Military has prevented massacres against Palestinians.

Palestinian refugee camps throughout Syria have been attacked by the insurgents since representatives of the Palestinian factions and representatives of the camps declared that they would not join the foreign backed insurgents fight against the Syrian government and the Syrian Army.

Some of the attacks have been false flag attacks in an attempt to enrage Palestinians against the Syrian military. Other attacks were right out punitive attacks as a response to the Palestinians unwillingness to fight against the government of the sole Arab nation that consequently and consistently has supported the Palestinian cause and the Palestinian resistance.

Raja continued, stating that the people are aware of that the Syrian government has no reason to attack the Palestinians. The Syrian government has always treated the Palestinians as citizens rather than as refugees.

“For your information”, Raja continued, “when my family came to Damascus for the first time, 50 years ago, my family rent an apartment in Yarmouk and the owner of the apartment was a Palestinian”.

Raja asked why Palestinians suddenly , after 20 months, would want to start a revolt ? If there had existed a real conflict between the inhabitants of Yarmouk and the Syrian government then there would have been a resistance since the onset of the chaos in Syria.

From the BBC article about the Syrian Palestinians you posted:

Literacy and numeracy rates among Palestinians in Yarmouk are among the highest not just in Syria, but across the Arab world. Many are professionals and living conditions are far better than those in other Palestinian refugee camps in Syria.

So, basically, these are the Palestinians with the highest standard of living in all the world.

Now, do you really imagine that the Syrian Army are seen to be enemies to the Syrian Palestinians? Really? The only ones who see them as such would be the extremists who joined the Jihadists to begin with.

Considering that they were repelling the FSA to begin with, I imagine they were told to get to high ground so to speak, and, as I said earlier, that is something they could've easily predicted for themselves anyway.

edit on 19-12-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Also you accusing me for ignorance mate..?

en.wikipedia.org...

Check this out first… I dare you

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

reply to post by NotAnAspie

Not so easy, to leave a War Zone. Especially if you have no where to go.

I didn't say it was easy but it's being done on a very large scale and those who want to use Palestinians as the new sacrificial body should be helping those who don't want to fight get out of there instead of wasting all their time promoting propaganda. When is the last time the PLO has done something useful and how's it's funding looking? That would be some interesting things to look at.

The Palestinians who are there, pro assad or not should stay clear of rebels even if it means walking on foot and hiding somewhere else in the country.... unless they are prepared to fight. If so, they choose what side they want to fight for. They die knowing what side they picked.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

To believe that is what is going on here is very naive.

Where is "Here" ?

*I* want change.

Great, so do I.

Do you recommend I point a rocket launcher at a USAF jet?

What does THIS have to do with Syria?

I suggest you tone it down.... You never know who's reading this thread!

but it's not like they were dragging people out into the streets and executing them.

Since YOU bring it up, you have PROOF they were not?

It was a situation that if you didn't like it.... you could move.

Tell that to the Syrians who were living in a Palestinian refugee camp......

It's not really going to mean that Assad is going to take over the entire region and control all the fuel, is it?

Im lost......

Is this thread now about Fuel?

You can move to the opposite side of the world from Israel and still not get away from them.

Sure you can. Im moving out of this thread, for a while....Peace.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Rebels are driving out Pro-Palestinians who support Assad. That makes what Assad's forces did in retaliation, a worthy cause? Bombing them, knowing there is innocent victims there?

I see your point now.

Yawn......

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
You don't understand what here is? You don't understand the rest of that.... it's pretty clear.

You think you scare me by saying I don't know who is reading this. That's crazy. That makes no sense.

Anyone could understand that what is inferred by that statement is that it is a BAD IDEA perhaps to try to take these measures simply because you don't like the government that doesn't seem to have a slew of world influence on it's side.... so how can it really be anyone's bane? It's not destroying the world with war like the oil tycoons are. If you can't put that together, the reason I mentioned fuel... it's really no wonder you are not getting any of this.

You are the one supporting government overthrow by supporting Syrian rebels and you tell ME to be concerned about who is reading this?

Dude, get a brain.

Do you actually think people just lap crap like that up? It's so weak... so old dumb down dark age fashioned.

You see my name? That means "as opposed to others"

Look up Asperger's Syndrome because it's about people who don't seem to get what's going on or what people are saying, like people who don't get sarcasm. I think a little bit of research in that department could help you out.
edit on 19-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
"I suggest you tone it down"

Which to me means "I need to blast this as loud as I can"

because YOU.... YOU GUY???

You... Are NOT someone I would EVER listen to.

You think you have the credentials to "suggest" doodly" squat to me?

You are FANTASIZING man. Keep it to yourself.

the things you have said about this subject reveal all I ever need to know about any of your advice.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

So why are France, Britain and the USA recognising the opposition without the approval of the Syrian people?

Hmmmm........

Assad represents the Syrian people and he is defending their country. Is that better?

Those are the FACTS.

Wow, I can't believe that you believe all of that.

You think that outside countries, backing armed terrorists, whom they armed, headed by a group of exiles - are actually qualified to, and legitimately represent the Syrian people...Wow...And you think that they have "no dog in this fight"...Yeah, b/c the USA are just spreading their "freedom and democracy" as usual, just altruistically, you know, not for any gain or interest, just because that's what they're all about. Hahahahahahaha...#, now thanks to the NDAA, even Americans are finding out all about that so-called freedom and democracy...Right there in black and white...And soon they'll have the freedom-drones flying over their own heads too! Or do they all ready? It's hard to keep up...

Surely you're aware that toppling Syria is a step towards toppling Iran? And it's quite a strategic location, not only for the middle east, but the gateway to Russia and China, as it were...And you think they all 'have no dog in this fight'?

Did you know that it wasn't all that long ago that Syria was colonized/ruled by France? In fact, it's the grandson of the Syrian who was the massah's bitch back then, who is the current head of the "Recognized Opposition"...How about that...

www.voltairenet.org...

More than 70 years has passed and the grandson of this Nur-Eddin – Mouaz al-Khatib, a former preacher at the Umayyad mosque in Damascus and now a deserter and traitor – has been elected head of the “Qatar Coalition” which was created on 11 November at a meeting in Doha.

France has shown its gratitude to the third-generation collaborator al-Khatib, whose grandfather collaborated with the colonisers, for his faithful service. Namely the former colonial power has been the first to recognise the “Qatar Coalition” as a legitimate representative of the Syrian people. It is no surprise that the flag of the “opposition” – green, white and black with three stars – is the same as the flag from the time when Syria was under French mandate.

...No sooner had Syria gained their freedom from Turkish rule than it immediately fell under the authority of the French in 1920, and the League of Nations gave France a mandate to control Syria.

Oh, how history repeats itself...

It's FUKUS/NATO/Arab League and the UN who are responsible for the killing of the Syrian people. This could've been over months ago if they would've just stayed out of it, and not armed terrorists to overthrow the govt; which we all know wouldn't fly in their own countries. And if anyone had suggested that Bush, say, wasn't a legitimate leader due to his lies and loss of life to his own people, the American soldiers who died on account of his lies, not to even mention the Iraqi's, no one would've took them seriously. As Assad, Russia, Iran, etc doesn't take these claims seriously. It's not up to anyone else to decide who your leader should be. Especially when the people calling for your ousting are the biggest liars and crooks going.

And even with all that, the US elected him again!

So did the Syrian's. Yeah, they sure did, did you hear about that? There was an election, and Assad won. Maybe their election was as legitimate as Bush's was, har har har, I don't know, but that's what happened. And guess what? The US actually had the nerve to call them out on an 'unfair' election. Hahahahahahaha....

Oh, they'd be quite entertaining if it wasn't for the millions of people they're responsible for killing since WWII. And they actually say this crap with straight faces...They really ought to qualify for the Emmy awards...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Rebels are driving out Pro-Palestinians who support Assad. That makes what Assad's forces did in retaliation, a worthy cause? Bombing them, knowing there is innocent victims there?

I see your point now.

Yawn......

You're still not getting it. I imagine that most of them, apart from the rebels, were gone from there. Who told you that the ones killed were not rebels? Oh yeah, the same liars feeding you the rest of it.

The people, almost overwhelmingly, come out and thank and cheer when the Syrian Army shows up. It is the rebel's who are hated, for bringing the war to their neighborhoods.

You're just reading and watching the wrong news man.

They know who's responsible for ruining their country. They know that when/if the Islamists get into power what that will mean for them. Islamist rule represents less freedom, not more, so how exactly does this all add up to you?

You think, being next door neighbors to Iraq, they think the US represents anything good for them? That France, who they liberated themselves from not so long ago, represents anything good for them? That the same countries responsible for throwing Libya into chaos and ruin in the name of 'humanitarianism' represent anything good for them? That the Islamists currently murdering their friends and neighbors in the name of liberation actually represent anything good for them, let alone 'freedom' or 'liberation'? These same 'freedom fighters' whom the US has themselves declared to be terrorists?

They don't believe the lies that 'we' do. I don't know how anyone can possibly believe this story they're trying to sell us.

Yes, there were people in the beginning who wanted change and reform, which was in the process of happening, by the way; and most of those people are now on Assad's side, even if they don't even like him, because they know that what will replace him is much much worse.

But, hey, continue living in your Orwellian bubble of freedom-bombs and liberty-drones and terrorists-rebranded-as-'freedom fighters™'-rebranded-as-terrorists, if that's what you prefer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join