It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian jets bomb Palestinian camp in Damascus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

That's why it's very likely they are not even Palestinians. I don't care what the PLO says.

Sorry. But you are wrong.

n 1983, the residents of Yarmouk experienced difficulties when the late Syrian President Hafez al-Assad declared Yasser Arafat, the leader of Fatah and the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO), persona non grata and barred him from the country. Arafat accused Assad at the time of encouraging a split in the Fatah. In addition to banishing the PLO's leadership, the Syrian government came to see Yarmouk as an opposition stronghold and also arrested thousands of Arafat supporters.

Profile: Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by DarknStormy

Does Assad NOT know Refugees are in this Camp?
Also, there were Pro Assad Palestinians in this Camp ! WHY were they hiding here? That's why the Rebel forces were there, to get them out. But I see......... Demonizing/Deflecting "collateral" damage only works when its convenient, or you are another certain Nation, in that Region......... Then it Barbaric.

What do you mean getting them out? Of course there are going to be Pro Assad supporters amongst the camps. Its the same as in the cities, you will have people supporting and against Assad.. Why would it be any different in the refugee camps and why is it a must for rebels to weed them out when they are not dressed in military uniform? Or were the Pro Assad Palestinians secret spies or something? Why don't both sides just leave them alone?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Why don't both sides just leave them alone?

It shows you that Assad truly doesn't care about the Palestinians. It shows you that certain Palestinians will sell their brothers out also. That is obvious. Its also obvious, he doesn't care about his own people, in this camp. It shows you Countries like Iran, who fund the Palestinians in MANY ways, care not about them either. Wheres the Iranian outrage?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

That's why it's very likely they are not even Palestinians. I don't care what the PLO says.

Sorry. But you are wrong.

n 1983, the residents of Yarmouk experienced difficulties when the late Syrian President Hafez al-Assad declared Yasser Arafat, the leader of Fatah and the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO), persona non grata and barred him from the country. Arafat accused Assad at the time of encouraging a split in the Fatah. In addition to banishing the PLO's leadership, the Syrian government came to see Yarmouk as an opposition stronghold and also arrested thousands of Arafat supporters.

Profile: Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp

Why in the world would you even use this piece. It's practically irrelevant.

That is far from the current representation of either side of this.

There's a lot of water under that bridge.... I hope you can swim.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Your deflecting from the facts of this, again........

Its current, and up to date. 18 December 2012 Last updated at 14:56 ET

Since I gave you proof, do you care to find some "other" proof in your defense?

I await your "proof".

edit on 19-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If there were pro Assad supporters in those rebel camps, they would've been killed. If they were somehow there by mistake because they were being over run by rebels, they should have left and any remaining should leave. If the PLO cared about Palestinians... especially pro Assad Palestinians, they'd help get them out of Syria.... which I'll remind you is very much at war.... So this doesn't add up at all.

They need to get out of Syria, period.... and have had months to do so or have some caring organization get them out. Being among rebels is the least safest place for them to be.

As for being spies.... what's there really to be spying on. Assad is being overthrown by al Qaeda and Al Qaeda is on the opposite side of what they claim, but we've known that for a while.

What's knew here... not much.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

It shows you that Assad truly doesn't care about the Palestinians. It shows you that certain Palestinians will sell their brothers out also. That is obvious. Its also obvious, he doesn't care about his own people, in this camp. It shows you Countries like Iran, who fund the Palestinians in MANY ways, care not about them either. Wheres the Iranian outrage?

From what I have seen coming out of that country, if any pro Assad civilian, refugee, who ever it may be is caught by the FSA, there fate is sealed anyway. The FSA have gone into the camp which in my opinion is only asking for that camp to be pounded, they are the enemy. I can agree that what Assad has done is wrong, anyone who bombs like that is wrong, but when we are talking about an opposition group who will happily walk in to a city, a camp and hide amongst innocents, one has to ask, are they actually there for the people of Syria or even the refugees in this case?

Before either group appeared on the scene, were the refugees who support opposite sides fighting amongst each other because of their conflicting beliefs? The Assad forces and the FSA are both guilty. The FSA for entering the camps, Assad for bombing the camps. Both have blood on their hands regardless of who dies.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Clearly you are deflecting.

Again, other then your "Opinion", can you please show me that this isn't happening?

Yarmouk is a stronghold of the pro-Assad Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, which has been fighting the rebels, who have themselves had many Palestinians fighting alongside them.

Syrian planes attack mosque in Yarmouk Palestinian camp

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Iranian outrage? Iran is outraged that the West can happily support, fund, weaponise this opposition whilst sitting back and watching it play out, looking for every excuse to demonise Assad when the truth is he is fighting a force of terrorists which include criminals from Saudi Arabia and across the Middle East. You want to talk about people caring, wheres the wests care? Our care is getting our feet on the ground and doing the same thing thats happening right now.
edit on 19-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Your deflecting from the facts of this, again........

Its current, and up to date. 18 December 2012 Last updated at 14:56 ET

Since I gave you proof, do you care to find some "other" proof in your defense?

I await your "proof".

I'm not deflecting at all.

Assad (not the current one and not the current regime) denounced Arafat. So?

What's yer point? Syrians don't like Palestinians because the dead Assad had a problem with the dead Arafat back in 83?

So?

If you want me to deflect your point so you can call me out on it, first you're going to have to make one.

Again... A lot of water under that bridge. If you want to be educated on the history of Arafat, go educate yourself because your point is not clear.

What it really points to is division in the PLO. You've hurt your point rather than make it and I asked you if you could swim because if you dig into this, I feel you are going to undo whatever your point was supposed to be even more.

What I'm actually doing is waiting for you to jump off the bridge because I don't appreciate having to fill in people's homework for them.

Again, this is irrelevant in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

The FSA for entering the camps, Assad for bombing the camps. Both have blood on their hands regardless of who dies.

True.

But wheres the Outrage?

Wheres the Outrage from Iran? From the Palestinians? From the Arab World ? From Russia, or China? The UN?

Really, the PLO?

Seems the ONLY outrage, is when a certain "country" is involved with the Palestinians, hey?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The outrage will come, don't you worry about that. As for the other country who are bombing Palestinians, that is a completely different issue. The Syrians aren't land grabbing, the Syrian regime are defending their land and they are entitled to whether we agree or disagree with Assad.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Yawn....

You didn't even read the article, lets face it. or you would have gleaned the reasoning behind whats going on there.

The PLO was forced to leave, leaving a void in the camp. That was picked up by pro Assad Palestinians.

And they are fighting rebels. Most of the Palestinians there, back the Rebels. The PLO have called Assad's bombings barbaric. As for the US........

The United States is deeply concerned by reports that dozens of civilians, including women and children, were killed or wounded in Yarmouk, an area of Damascus home to 150,000 Palestinian refugees, as a result of aerial bombardment and fighting between Syrian government forces and armed opposition on December 16. These latest attacks mark a significant and alarming escalation of the conflict in Syria. All parties must stop unlawful attacks on civilians and comply with international law. Those who are responsible for atrocities against the civilian population must be held accountable. We express our deepest condolences to the families of those who have lost their lives in Yarmouk.

Link

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Here's something for you to read from wikipedia

PLO cross-border raids against Israel grew somewhat during the late 1970s.[citation needed] One of the most severe – known as the Coastal Road Massacre – occurred on 11 March 1978. A force of nearly a dozen Fatah fighters landed their boats near a major coastal road connecting the city of Haifa with Tel Aviv-Yafo. There they hijacked a bus and sprayed gunfire inside and at passing vehicles, killing thirty-seven civilians.[28] In response, the IDF launched Operation Litani three days later, with the goal of taking control of Southern Lebanon up to the Litani River. The IDF achieved this goal, and Fatah withdrew to the north into Beirut.[29] Israel invaded Lebanon again in 1982. Beirut was soon besieged and bombarded by the IDF;[25] to end the siege, the US and European governments brokered an agreement guaranteeing safe passage for Arafat and Fatah – guarded by a multinational force – to exile in Tunis. Despite the exile many Fatah commanders and fighters remained in Lebanon.[25] When Israel invaded Lebanon in 1982, the faction was dispersed to several Middle Eastern countries with the help of US and other Western governments: Tunisia, Yemen, Algeria, Iraq and others. In the period 1982–1993, Fatah's leadership resided in Tunisia

In the 90s the PLO goes on to recognize Israel's right to exist (and take more of their land) despite Palestinian suffering and Israeli attacks in the region.

but then non_PLO members of the Fatah (Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad go on to be considered a terrorist organizations.

Quite a contrast. There's no need to deflect.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

The outrage will come, don't you worry about that.

When?

As for the other country who are bombing Palestinians, that is a completely different issue.

Agree.

I await the 10 daily threads on it, by the same person.

The Syrians aren't land grabbing, the Syrian regime are defending their land and they are entitled to whether we agree or disagree with Assad.

Wrong.

Assad's forces are KILLING innocent People. They are using Palestinian to kill Palestinian. Assad doesn't OWN Syria. The People of Syria do. Get it right.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Don’t buy it in a second.

How’d the knew it was a (Syrian jets)? I mean come’on, after all these years and exactly in this crucial times suddenly Syrian find out that they have this urge to bomb the Palestinian camps out of the blue..?

Sounds like Israelis hands behind this.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Don’t buy it in a second.

How’d the knew it was a (Syrian jets)? I mean come’on, after all these years and exactly in this crucial times suddenly Syrian find out that they have this urge to bomb the Palestinian camps out of the blue..?

Sounds like Israelis hands behind this.

Proof Please?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Yawn....

You didn't even read the article, lets face it. or you would have gleaned the reasoning behind whats going on there.

The PLO was forced to leave, leaving a void in the camp. That was picked up by pro Assad Palestinians.

And they are fighting rebels. Most of the Palestinians there, back the Rebels. The PLO have called Assad's bombings barbaric. As for the US........

The United States is deeply concerned by reports that dozens of civilians, including women and children, were killed or wounded in Yarmouk, an area of Damascus home to 150,000 Palestinian refugees, as a result of aerial bombardment and fighting between Syrian government forces and armed opposition on December 16. These latest attacks mark a significant and alarming escalation of the conflict in Syria. All parties must stop unlawful attacks on civilians and comply with international law. Those who are responsible for atrocities against the civilian population must be held accountable. We express our deepest condolences to the families of those who have lost their lives in Yarmouk.

Link

Again, Palestinians and Syrian civilians should be trying to separate themselves from rebels. The PLO should not be there adding any fuel to this fire. You say the PLO was cleared out and the area was picked up by Pro Assad Palestinians.... and then your next statement is "They are fighting rebels....most of the Palestinians back the rebels"

Seriously... you just said that.

You want to try again?

I'll make my very clear and direct point again.

No PLO member should be backing these rebels. It's not just my opinion. It makes no political sense.

What happened to their plight against Israel. THEY ARE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THEIR JIHAD FAITH!

You're not making any sense.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

When?

How do I know, I'm not sitting at a desk at the UN or in the White House... It will come though..

Agree.

I await the 10 daily threads on it, by the same person.

Some people go overboard, I agree..

Wrong.

Assad's forces are KILLING innocent People. They are using Palestinian to kill Palestinian. Assad doesn't OWN Syria. The People of Syria do. Get it right.

So why are France, Britain and the USA recognising the opposition without the approval of the Syrian people? Assad represents the Syrian people and he is defending their country. Is that better?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Proof..?

A major pro-Assad Palestinian faction, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command, confirmed in a statement that explosions had occurred near the Husseini mosque and the Fallouja School. The group said it could neither "confirm nor refute" reports of aerial bombardment.

www.latimes.com...

Also as I stated, how did they know it was Syrian jets..?
edit on 19-12-2012 by amkia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join