It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian jets bomb Palestinian camp in Damascus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syrian rebels took full control of the Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp in southern Damascus on Monday after days of fighting, rebel and Palestinian sources said.

The battle had pitted rebels, backed by some Palestinians, against Palestinian fighters of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC) loyal to President Bashar al-Assad.

Many of the PFLP-GC fighters had defected to the rebel side on Saturday, and their leader Ahmed Jibril left the camp on the same day, rebel sources said.

"All of the camp is under the control of the (rebel) Free Syrian Army," said a Palestinian activist in Yarmouk. He said the clashes had stopped and the remaining PFLP fighters had retreated and joined the government forces massed on the northern edge of the camp. (Reporting by Mariam Karouny)

Guess they are not so innocent after all. Seems this make that camp a legit military target.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by solarstorm

I am sure there are those that believe that whole wholeheartedly. That doesn't change the facts in this. These are Palestinians being killed by Assad's forces also Palestinians loyal to him, and i'm sure Iranians. No outrage over this, it seems. The convenient boogieman cannot be blamed for this. Also, you wont see many threads on it, because of the anti-Israeli agenda, that oozes from this site.

Oh yeah, HELL YA.....OUTRRRRRAAAAGE!!

You wanna talk OUTRAGE?!!!

Tally up the scorecard of all the Iraqis who were killed during the DICK AND BUSH administration.

Hundreds of thousands! OUTRRRRRAAAAAGE!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I am sure there are those that believe that whole wholeheartedly. That doesn't change the facts in this. These are Palestinians being killed by Assad's forces also Palestinians loyal to him, and i'm sure Iranians. No outrage over this, it seems. The convenient boogieman cannot be blamed for this. Also, you wont see many threads on it, because of the anti-Israeli agenda, that oozes from this site.

Well lets take our focus off the anti-Israel agenda. The USA have been committing the same acts for the past 9 years in Iraq. If you can condemn Assad for attacking a camp where rebels have apparently taken over, why hasn't the US been condemned for the 1000's of innocent Iraqis who had to deal with bombs being dropped on their heads?

Your nothing but a bunch of hypocrites and half the time I think you like blaming others to simply keep the focus off the atrocities the US has committed themselves. With that, kidnapping innocent journalists and bombing schools is not the work of freedom fighters. You should take a look at some of the crap coming out of Syria and not from your reliable MSM...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Facts Only Please:

These are Palestinians being killed by Assad's forces also Palestinians loyal to him are helping to kill their very own people.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

If you want to start "another " thread on that subject, be my guest.

Facts in this thread?

These are Palestinians being killed by Assad's forces also Palestinians loyal to him are helping to kill their very own people.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Facts in this thread?

Fact:

Everyday on ATS we are told killing Palenstinians is bad, but only when Isreal does it, anyone else they deflect.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If the PLO has observer status at the UN since the 70s and recognizes Israels right to exist since the 90s, then it really isn't the PLO is it?

It can't be.... it was built on the resistance of the Zionist entity and the return of Palestinian land.

Look at Palestine. Israel is battling Palestine RIGHT NOW. Look at what Palestine has been downsized to. What are they, Masochists? Palestine almost does not exist anymore so this PLO recognizing Israels right to do all this crap since that is what being Israels neighbors entales.... then NO... I don't think that is THE PALESTINIAN LIBERATION ORGANIZATION at all.

Wake up.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
Guess they are not so innocent after all. Seems this make that camp a legit military target.

I like it

I like it

Mind if I borrow that line of reason the next time civilians are killed when the Taliban are hit while hiding with the women and children with a drone strike?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Look at Palestine. Israel is battling Palestine RIGHT NOW. Look at what Palestine has been downsized to. What are they, Masochists? Palestine almost does not exist anymore so this PLO recognizing Israels right to do all this crap since that is what being Israels neighbors entales.... then NO... I don't think that is THE PALESTINIAN LIBERATION ORGANIZATION at all.

Just goes to show how ineffective the PLO is, and Hamas is.

Wake up!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
OH CRAP.... Look at all this war in our country, Palestine. It sure would be nice to avoid this so it's either leave, put up with it or fight and we obviously don't feel like fighting.

Whatever will we do?

Hey, I gotta great idea! Let's go camping in Syria. I hear it's exciting!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I am up.

Palestinians are being killed by Palestinians, with the Help of Assad's forces. Not to mention ALL the Syrians who were there also.

“We reject any justification or allegations invoked by the Syrian regime army about this massacre which includes torture, killing, and assassination,” PLO secretary general Yasser Abdel Rabbo said. “Moreover, such types of crimes need to be condemned internationally. Syria faces unprecedented massacres against Syrian people as well as Palestinians,” he said.

News Politics Culture & Society Economy Opinion Portraits Series and Features Blogs GI Files Syria Files Arabic Edition Follow Al-Akhbar on Twitter Like Al-Akhbar on Facebook Subscribe to our RSS Feed PLO accuses Syria of massacring Palestinians

Unfortunately, they haven't called out the Palestinians who are siding with Assad......

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If the Palestinians are helping the rebels.... who are attacking one of the few countries that recognize their rights.... then those Palestinians are terribly confused and probably don't really know WHERE they are from.

It's completely idiotic.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Why would so called fighters hide behind women and children? Why does hamas fire rockets from school playgrounds? Why do they put innocents in harms way? Why are you defending this disgusting behavior?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Also, Iran funds ALL of these Countries. Where is their loyalty truly at? With Assad. Seems the Palestinians are nothing but Pawns, in their terrible game......

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

A good fact to start with is Rebels occupying the Palestinian camps. As in most of the bombings, Assad is attacking rebel forces, not Palestinians.. I'm sure he has killed some of his own people bombing suspected hot spots where rebles are hiding. The country is at war and unfortunetly people including Palestinians,Rebels, Syrians, Assad forces or any other person who are in the wrong spot at the wrong time are going to get slaughtered.
edit on 19-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Double
edit on 19-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
To say he is bombing Palestinians for his own evil pleasure is ridiculous.

I've read everything sonnny1 wrote and don't see that posted.
Source please?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Also, Iran funds ALL of these Countries. Where is their loyalty truly at? With Assad. Seems the Palestinians are nothing but Pawns, in their terrible game......

That's why it's very likely they are not even Palestinians. I don't care what the PLO says. If they are trying to overthrow Syria, they've got their priorities so mixed up it isn't funny. They are trying to dismantle a life line. It's a pretty dumb plot and these plots just keep getting dumber and dumber.

Why fight Assad, it's the Zionist entity they hate because they know what it's presence means.
Western globalization. There is no miniature Assad conspiracy next to that age old, long lived ongoing issue that they believe is screwing up the entire world. It's not going to add up to that and it never will.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Does Assad NOT know Refugees are in this Camp?
Also, there were Pro Assad Palestinians in this Camp ! WHY were they hiding here? That's why the Rebel forces were there, to get them out. But I see......... Demonizing/Deflecting "collateral" damage only works when its convenient, or you are another certain Nation, in that Region......... Then it Barbaric.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Your right,. Thanks for pointing that out..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join