It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arm (almost) everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if we should even bother debating the gun issue; I mean, let the no-guns people (let's call 'em gunphobes) live in their utopian world, and if something bad happens to them, oh well. But that's not being a Good Samaritan is it? Plus, there's a huge groundswell on this anti-gun thing. If the gunphobes create enough chatter, the politicians might start passing some more laws.

They'll start with the assault rifles. "No American citizen needs one." Obama's already said it. Then, once they get us to concede that, it'll be "no American citizen needs a tactical shotgun." "No American needs a gun that holds more than six rounds." "No American needs a round larger than a ___", and so on.

You know what? We da*n well need assault rifles, and anything else we can get our hands on. Gunphobes love to say, "The Founding Fathers never foresaw regular citizens owning AK-47's with 100-round drums." Yeah? No kidding? The Founding Fathers weren't all-powerful wizards with crystal balls? That's probably why they didn't forsee the government having helicopters, drones, tanks, etc. either

The intent of the men who founded this country was to never be ruled by a dictator again. That is the purpose of the Bill of Rights. When the Revolutionaries (domestic terrorists) fought the English crown, they had access to weapons comparable to those of thier oppressers. Gunphobes cannot fathom that there would ever be a dictator in the United States. They are ignorant of history-empires fall, economies collapse, people riot and loot. Dictators arise to restore order, and one of the first things they do is take the guns.

Guns were considered so important that the Founding Fathers put them near the top of the list. Right after the freedom to speak, assemble, and worship.

I'm hurt when people imply that because I'm coming out in favor of guns that I somehow don't care about kids. I cried when I read that CT story. You know what? You take away guns from law-abiding citizens, you're going to have a lot more dead kids. That's blunt, but it's a very real possibility.

All of these people from other countries that are telling us to give up our guns-what do you know about America? What you've seen in movies? Have you lived here? Maybe your country doesn't need guns. That's great. You probably don't have MS-13, Crips, Bloods, Mexican drug cartels, white supremacists and home invaders. None of those people will give up thier guns. That's why we need ours.

I don't think we need fewer guns. We have just enough. The number of guns is about equal to the number of citizens. Once you screen out minors, the criminals, the mentally ill (and lets all agree ahead of time what "mentally ill" is, so they don't sneak in later and classify questioning the government as a mental illness), then everyone can be armed. Gunphobes don't have to be armed, of course. They can cower while an armed citizen takes care of the whack job who somehow got a gun and tries to go on a spree. And of course, we'd have mandatory safety training and target practice. Every gun enthusiast I've ever met has regular training. Gunphobes love to talk about how every situation will turn into a shootout with lots of dead bystanders, as though gun owners typically just close thier eyes and start randomly firing in every direction.

Gunphobes, I don't think you're bad people. I have had a little fun at your expense. You're obviously motivated by compassion. A little fear, too, for your own safety and those you love, but you want to stop the violence. So do I. We just have different theories on how it should be done. Why don't we work together on it? We obviously have the same agenda. There's a whole lot of issues like mental health that are getting sidelined in the emotional reaction to these events.

If society collapses, you're going to be glad that "gun nuts" are out there, protecting you from the bad people. And if society doesn't collapse, well, we can all laugh about it over a beer some day. Hope for the second scenario, prepare for the first.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Snsoc because: spelling

edit on 18-12-2012 by Snsoc because: grammar

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Everyone should understand that this "huge groundswell of support" for banning certain guns is being manufactured by the media. It is the same talking points repeated over and over, it is classic propaganda deployment. You will get some weak-minded pro-gun politicians jumping on board because they think not doing so will hurt their chances at reelection because they are buying the lie, or at the very least they know their stupid constituency is buying it.

The problem is that the truth is much different. There is a bigger groundswell of PRO gun sentiment that you will never hear about in the MSM.

If anyone attempts to do any form of confiscation, there will be trouble.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
The problem is that the truth is much different. There is a bigger groundswell of PRO gun sentiment that you will never hear about in the MSM.
I would tend to agree, but due to the influence of the media's focus on the recent story, I disagree and offer that many have been swayed by this tragedy. This is evident when viewing the current leading petitions at the White House website which everyone can access, compare pro gun rights related petition count to the current 2nd leading petition, demanding immediate gun controls.

But really, it's 50/50... Nice and balanced. Keeps things interesting, and citizens... Distracted.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There were 7 theaters within 20 min of Aurora CO psycho's home. Only ONE banned Conceal Carry. He chose that one

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

I don't think we'll see any radical changes anytime soon. Not a single republican signed off on a bill that was introduced to congress banning high-capacity magazines after the Aurora shooting.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Lets have those people whom are ANTI-Gun put a sign out front of there house "We are ANTI-Gun. There are no firearms in this house.

I wonder if all those people who are ANTI-Gun have guns and have carry permits. Someone should do a back ground check on those people.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Same with the Sandy Hook School, gun free zone. The BatMan Movie, Aurora shooting and at 1:58+ into this
movie to Sandy Hook School, on the map? At the 1:58 mark in Batman’s Dark Knight Rises feature you can see the words ‘Sandy Hook’ on the far left of the map. What is going on? This is a call someone knew well in advance that this was going to take place there.

Link: www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join