It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online dating Sucks!!! Really bad!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
ATS Ladies, your thoughts?

Anyone had any luck with online "match making" services? After a week of of posting profiles, "signing up to review your matches", and getting bot replies, I'm totally fed up!
This has got to be one of the most scandalous money making schemes that has ever been concocted!

You "wink" at someone...but you have to pay to see if they wink back or what they might say?? WTF???

I tried this online dating thing thinking that maybe, just maybe I could find someone with similar interests to mine, but to no avail. The "women" that are featured are just bots, with canned responses.

Where's a 40 something consipiracy boy to go to meet women? Bars are not my thing...and church is out of the question...

I'm a good looking proverbial "nice guy"...seems that most women do not want the nice guy...they want the a**hole in their life...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
dude, you really need to go out more often.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

Coffee shops are better than that. So are some bars. Do Pheromones work over the internet?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4

Anyone had any luck with online "match making" services? After a week of of posting profiles, "signing up to review your matches", and getting bot replies, I'm totally fed up!
This has got to be one of the most scandalous money making schemes that has ever been concocted!

You "wink" at someone...but you have to pay to see if they wink back or what they might say?? WTF???

I tried this online dating thing thinking that maybe, just maybe I could find someone with similar interests to mine, but to no avail. The "women" that are featured are just bots, with canned responses.

Where's a 40 something consipiracy boy to go to meet women? Bars are not my thing...and church is out of the question...

I'm a good looking proverbial "nice guy"...seems that most women do not want the nice guy...they want the a**hole in their life...

Nothing new in what you said bro. Online dating sucks and women want the a**hole in their life. That's exactly how it is, so whenever you find a good way to deal with it let me know. Let's move on to the next topic now, shall we?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't know about these service personally, but my daughter and her husband met on Match.com and have been together over 5 years now.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

Hey I have so many fake dating profiles I met my self at red lobster tonight .

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ask friends if they or their wives know any single ladies and take it from there. You never know.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

2 years after losing my wife to cancer, I tried eHarmony. After a couple fits and starts, I eventually met my current wife. We were married in July after being together for 5 years, so here's one vote for "it can happen".

edit on 18-12-2012 by Monsieur Neary because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I am actually a (almost) 40 year old woman. Love conspiracies. Don't go to church. Can't meet a nice guy to save my life! Yes, I've tried the online dating thing. That didn't work because it seemed there was never any "spark" with any of them. The ones I was attracted to turned out to be jerks.

So... too bad you're in Missouri and I'm in Michigan, aye? lol

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I gave up a long time ago.

Even the dates themselves can be horrendous.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Actually...
Mere days after me and my ex broke up, i met a girl on one of these dating sites.
We've been seeing eachother since then
, talk every single day. Sadly our work schedules have been not colliding really well, but the new year approaches.

Me and her went through some of the same things recently, so we're both on edge about being boyfriend/girlfriend, we havent discussed it much. Its not high on my priority list. But we have lots in common. I think it was a fluke really, or maybe synchronicity. Her bad dreams went away when i came into the picture. And i do believe i once had a dream about this girl a year or so back... the appearance was spot on, and when the realization hit me it was like a sack of bricks.

Anyways, you gotta be careful what you do on an online dating site. The girl im seeing closed hers the day after meeting me on there. She had nearly given up. Guess things happen for a reason eh? She certainly has made me happier in the last three months than my ex has in the last 4 years.

I definitely get the 'shivers' when i think of this girl =P. 'wrjagh'aerjhgjkdfhf

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You guys are actually making me consider going back to online dating!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4

Maybe paying to see a wink is the same as buying a lady a drink !! Idk, I'm sure there's many success stories. Or try joining a club or sport, picking up someone at work sometimes works too. I don't know if I'd ever be trusting enough for online dating. That's me though.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Just dont be quick about it online and you'll do fine.
Get to know a person first before you set up any sort of date.

Going on a virtually blind date is... no fun and can lead to disasters. Take it slow and you'll get there and be much happier in the end.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

Sounds like Match.com?

I had a crack, got lucky a few times but nothing long lasting.

I paid to be a member (I think about $30 US for 3 months) and think that helped.
A few of the dates on went on I asked about their online dating experiences and all of them said they didnt respond to winks or emails from guys who werent paid up members, said it seemed cheap.

If your a decent looking guy (obviously the photo is what attracts people initially) and looking for ladies your age pay the fee and I think youll do ok

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

I gave up a long time ago.

Even the dates themselves can be horrendous.

With a name like manhater are you even giving these poor guys a chance

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Buhaha..........

Can you blame me?

My man cheated on me 4 houses down, while I was at work.

Slept in the bed, that I bought.

The nerve of him.

Least he could of found her a block away or a town away, but 4 houses down!!!!

I did get even.

Surprised he didn't shoot him or me.

[13 years of marriage BTW]
edit on 19-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
One thing i would recommend not so much as a dating tool but
an option for meeting more like minded folks would be to look
on meetup for a freethinkers group near your area, if nothing
else you might find some like minded individuals who know some
single ladies or there may even be a few there who share your
interests, you never know, ive met allot of really cool people at
the one near my area and its a small chapter in the bible belt even.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
My son's father suggested match.com to me, trying to be helpful I suppose, he has met quite a few ladies that way and found it very good for him. Boredom and curiousity got the better of me one lonely afternoon, but I don't think they could have had any matches for me, because the guys that it did throw up my way were not even remotely suitable. They would have bored me, and I them.

I suppose it very much depends on who you are and what interests you. I shan't bother again...until someone creates a version suitable for freaks like me
But that said, I know people for whom it has worked, my ex included...I suppose as with anything, you get out of it, what you put in. I wasn't seriously looking, just indulging my voyeuristic tendencies.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

My man cheated on me 4 houses down, while I was at work.

Slept in the bed, that I bought.

The nerve of him.

Least he could of found her a block away or a town away, but 4 houses down!!!!

My wife only went upstairs to find her new asshole.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join