It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Troops to Die for America in Latifiyah

page: 1

join
share:
dh

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The media never told you American forces suffered a staggering defeat south of Baghdad on October 9, and Wolfowitz is now demanding that Tony Blair send British troops into the
same lethal Republican Guard killing grounds at Al-Latifiyah and al-Yusufiyah

joevialls.altermedia.info...

[edit on 24-10-2004 by dh]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Good job Brits. America still has some true allies left in the world. I salute you.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is bull **** and iv said it before. I don�t want to see British soldiers dying for something that we didn�t want in the first place. Yes the people of Iraq have been freed from a horrible dictator and for what? From what iv seen on the news and other TV broadcasts, life for the Iraqis has only got worse. The only people that have gained anything are the fat cats. I would rather saw off my left arm than see good soldiers die for political and financial gain.

This wars a joke as it is, we don�t need any more people dying so that a monkey can rule the US. Especially when it�s foreign troops sacrificing their lives for somebody they probably don�t even like.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Thats right, the US and its super technology cant do the job, so they gotta call in the Brits...

This is utter bull#. I got relatives in the UK and from what they say no-one there wants this war, and yet their soldiers have to go clean up for the USA...

Yeah the US has an Ally left, but its a good thing the people of this country dont see it the same way as their governemnt does... In fact i dont think any US ally has its peoples support for this war

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dh

The media never told you American forces suffered a staggering defeat south of Baghdad on October 9, and Wolfowitz is now demanding that Tony Blair send British troops into the
same lethal Republican Guard killing grounds at Al-Latifiyah and al-Yusufiyah

joevialls.altermedia.info...

[edit on 24-10-2004 by dh]

The mistake in this is that you are implying seperatism of the brits from the cituation at hand with your title they are not going to die for the US they are as great a part of this as the US and in such will sometimes need to face these conditions in the same way the US and other coalition forces
have had to. Even the US cant win every battle hence the need for a coalition. The responsabilities are sometimes alotted to those with new view in order to maintain forward motion it does not imply superiority on any one members behalf.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orias
This is bull **** and iv said it before. I don�t want to see British soldiers dying for something that we didn�t want in the first place. Yes the people of Iraq have been freed from a horrible dictator and for what? From what iv seen on the news and other TV broadcasts, life for the Iraqis has only got worse. The only people that have gained anything are the fat cats. I would rather saw off my left arm than see good soldiers die for political and financial gain.

This wars a joke as it is, we don�t need any more people dying so that a monkey can rule the US. Especially when it�s foreign troops sacrificing their lives for somebody they probably don�t even like.

You wanted it a little as most of the US did,,,,However Tony and George made the discission so dont misplace your blame because it lies also in your own homes..on both the US and UK sides there a very great numbers who oppose any country having part in the present situation....how those who object also do wish to remove terrorists from the world scene or atleast break them down so as to minimize their threat.......The war on terrorism is just in that you must agree ....however with the lack of WMDs my fears and yours must also be the same the invasion of Iraq was not what we wanted......Please remember that when you lay blame we in the US do not all want this and that Tony made the choice inspite of your obvious views as well.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Good job Brits. America still has some true allies left in the world. I salute you.

It should go without saying that the brits are very true friends but let us not forget those in the coalition who still help .......because some of them pulled out on us showing their true colors and there standing by stating we will help so much as it doesnt directly hurt us...I think we should thank all of our coalition forces who remained undaunted in the pursuit of victory when others ran.....

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The whole article was a load of ranting BULLSH@T. I can't believe you even bothered to post it, I mean come on.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Thats right, the US and its super technology cant do the job, so they gotta call in the Brits...

This is utter bull#. I got relatives in the UK and from what they say no-one there wants this war, and yet their soldiers have to go clean up for the USA...

Yeah the US has an Ally left, but its a good thing the people of this country dont see it the same way as their governemnt does... In fact i dont think any US ally has its peoples support for this war

AMEN the people while informed where not totally in agreement this war was decided at the goverment level solely as if the peoples opinions didnt matter and as for super technology we in the US while well equiped are not immortal their are bound to be failures .......wins and losses are mearly a fact of war how else could an outcome be determined and the US is not being bailed out by the UK they are a part of a coalition and that means you back up your team members if one falls in a battles then you should help not assume superior strength the UK has seen its failures in war as well as the US it is the nature of war noone can win all the battles but the last one standing will win the war......and the US helped the UK in a world war and yet noone said then that we where superior they just picked their buddies up dusted him off and said lets try again,,,,,,thats all there is to it here.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Verfed's lack of recognition for the other allies in this mess makes me glad that my primeminister is considering a refusal to the request by the US that more Aussie troops get sent to Iraq.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
The whole article was a load of ranting BULLSH@T. I can't believe you even bothered to post it, I mean come on.

While I myself feel this way that the thread has left alot to be desired I feel it is better to post and discuss it then deny your thoughts.....

A quote from Quotes For Posterity Project "A simple matter denied a discussion and held in the hearth of the thinker is a betrayal to man and its prosperity thru knowledge and experience" Author Dr./Mrs Bryan K. Kruta
11 September 2003

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Verfed's lack of recognition for the other allies in this mess makes me glad that my primeminister is considering a refusal to the request by the US that more Aussie troops get sent to Iraq.

I AGREE
I feel it insulting to myself and those of the coalition not being recognized to not hear more thank yous.......We owe all of them a thank you for helping even those who for reasons what ever they may be to pull out on us early or totally.... They all showed up spilled blood and lost loved ones and for that I say thank you to them one and all.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Wow people! How many of you actually read the artical? this is CLEARLY a load of crap.

Did anyone even bother reading this:

All paragraphs printed in italics are direct reports from 'Mafkarat al-Islam' journalists, who are permanently embedded with the Republican Guard and Mehdi Army across Iraq. For security reasons, the individual counter-insurgency units Mafkarat al-Islam accompany are referred to only as "The Resistance"

Ok, assuming this report is from real people (which it most likely is not) , these reports come from journalists PERMANENTLY EMBEDDED with the Republican guard etc... As in, they are feeding you this little thing that starts with a "P" and ends with an "A"

If any one here is taking this seriously - regardless of your political views of the war - you are insane.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
... As in, they are feeding you this little thing that starts with a "P" and ends with an "A"

They are feeding people with...Pasta? Well I'd like a Spagetti Marinara, please.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Originally posted by American Mad Man
... As in, they are feeding you this little thing that starts with a "P" and ends with an "A"

They are feeding people with...Pasta? Well I'd like a Spagetti Marinara, please.

Ill take Premavera myself and dont forget a woody tasting red wine prefrably early 1950's vintage

[edit on 25/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Cargo,

You'll be suprised how ignorant many are about the support the US has in Iraq...

I heard one board member saying something like 'out best allies are Britain and the UK' (not exactly that but something similar)...

Not many people realise there are Aussie troops there helping the Coalition out (yes in combat roles)... it is a small number (thank god) compared to Britain but they are there supporting them.

But sometimes i wonder if us not being mentioned is a good thing... i'm not particularly proud to be allied to the US in this war

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Cargo,

You'll be suprised how ignorant many are about the support the US has in Iraq...

I heard one board member saying something like 'out best allies are Britain and the UK' (not exactly that but something similar)...

Not many people realise there are Aussie troops there helping the Coalition out (yes in combat roles)... it is a small number (thank god) compared to Britain but they are there supporting them.

But sometimes i wonder if us not being mentioned is a good thing... i'm not particularly proud to be allied to the US in this war

I think it is an honorable country that can remain stead fast in the face of disrespect it shows values that any man should invy ....To not be heard of or thanked or just outright ignored yet remaining to fulfill obligations you made shows characture that I would personally like to see the world over
I thank God every day for people like this because it gives me hope that somewhere in the world pride and honor still are the highest priority.

[edit on 25/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

top topics

join