It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery's Zombie Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Let’s get one thing straight right away: Zombies aren’t real. The government knows it, the police know it and even so-called “zombie preppers,” the subject of Discovery Channel’s new special “Zombie Apocalypse,” premiering Tuesday night, know it. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t all taking steps to prepare for the onslaught anyway.

www.latimes.com...

Sitting here watching this "series" funny that people really do believe this sure I make jokes, and love a good zombie flick just as much as the next person.

But COME ON!!!

Zombies have gone mainstream wonder it ats should add the zombie apocalypse forum to take over the 2012?

Real people in this country are damn right scary.
edit on 18-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
True. I can not decide if the light hearted gestures from The US and AU big wigs is comical or insulting.

At this point I just want the stinking day to get here so we don't have to discuss this anymore lol.

That's all I got.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The only good zombie is a dead zombie .

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Aim for the head, Neo.......

S&F

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Aim for the head, Neo.......

S&F

How?

They wanna ban all the guns an ammo!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I wonder if Michael Moore would be good zombie food?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Zombie scenarios are a good excuse for training to deal with untrained mobs of, ideally, unarmed attackers.
In other words... us.

They call it zombie training and everyone smiles and winks but the reality is that they are training to deal with massive civil disturbance.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Totally watching!

OMG

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Totally watching!

OMG

Think i misread not series but a special depends on ratings.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

reply to post by neo96

The fatties are the first to go - Rule #1. cardio

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Good eating !!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thudpuddy
The only good zombie is a dead zombie .

Unless you remove the lower jaws and arms then neck shacle em, then they are camo!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Zombies are a great rhetorical allegory, speaking directly to the political climate we currently live in.

Think about the parallels....

Zombies? The welfare hordes. The "unproductive" opportunists.

The survivors? The 1%. The heavily armed "good guys".

The question, in my mind... is this allegory in response to the people and demand, or social engineering meant to enhance extant stereotypes?

The irony? According to the ratings, it turns out that the allegorical zombies tend to like watching their fictional representations.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I did watch part of the show. I don't worry about a massive zombie outbreak; I think some people's imaginations are a bit over active. The show did bring up at least one good point though- if there did exist some kind of virus that caused people to behave like the "Florida Cannibal" the best thing people could do is to stay at home, which is the best advice to deter the spreading of any dangerous virus in a pandemic situation.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Think bout the parallels indeed

Like zombies the ats hordes. The "unproductive" opportunists.

The survivors? The 1% the ATS mods. The heavily armed "good guys".

The question, in my mind... is this allegory in response to the people and demand, or social engineering meant to enhance extant stereotypes?

The irony? According to the ratings, it turns out that the allegorical zombies tend to like watching their fictional representations

Ps have nothing but love for mods

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I watched a little of this show, it was very disturbing. Its one thing watching it on AMC, but they showed actual footage of some crazy eFFer EATING A HOMELESS GUYS FACE. It was awful. I thought, ok thats gotta be fake.... (as I fumbled for the remote with my eyes closed)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

He would be an all you can eat buffet.

Then again zombies like brain and not fat so they would most likely leave him alone.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Personally, I use the "zombie apocalypse" excuse just for laughs. Prepping is really more for ANY kind of unforeseen catastrophe that could knock out our modern way of life for months or so.

However, all it would take is an airborne, untreatable version of rabies, to have a real-life zombie-style apocalypse, like the Rage virus....so it's a lot more possible than you might think.

top topics

join