It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be the best/most common excuse for no mayan doomsday?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm banking on:
"It did happen! Can't you feel the change with the energies?! My body is tingling!!".
And I'm hoping to see someone posting a photo of themselves with a balloon stuck to their head claiming they attract positive energy waves (which will be debunked as static electricity).

But the biggest excuse I think we'll see will be about miscalculating the dates. Eg: "It's really going to happen on Dec 25th!" etc etc.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by swampcricket

If nothing happens on the 21st, and by that I mean nothing news-worthy that can be seen as some kind of prophecy being fulfilled, then some "genius" and/or wannabe psychic will come out say that we miscalculated and that the end of the world is in fact on the 23rd.

Soon after that passes and all has been said and done we will go back to our repetitive and mediocre lives and hopefully realize what a waste of brain all this doomsday paranoia was.

Or we might be dead... It's anybody's guess

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm not looking forward to the mass suicide loonies because in a way they win. 12-21-2012 will be their doomsday (self inflicted) of course. All brings back that perception debate.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think with the help of you forum members the more the excuses that come in we can kind of categorize them into different areas and get a tally of the different types of excuses. This is all in fun as mentioned before and after its all said in done we can have an ATS pie chart on the reasons why doomsday didn't happen and it would be 100% user reasons.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Thats easy. "We got the date wrong, its 21/12/13".

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I have the answer everyone has been waiting for. We will go on after 12/21/2012! How do I know? I already have my new 2013 calender- if the world was going to end it wouldn't exist!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
most common excuse will be we read the calendar wrong, or something along those lines and the "real" date of the end is ... sometime long enough into the future to speculate about it for another few years.... people love an apocalypse

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I overslept sorry lets try again at the end of the next karthum
or I'll be damned I just pulled the lever and the clock started over

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The excuse will be lack of original codices of the Mayans due to them being burned by the clergy that accompanied the conquistadors. That and with the changes to the calendar system approx 200 yrs later (from Julian to Gregorian) that the date must be off and therefore, Nibiru, the planet of destruction is not due yet.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
the mayan calendar didn't end, it just needed new batteries. anyone have 2 AAA batteries to spare?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The aliens and secret government agencies from all around the world worked together (in secret of course) to protect us from DOOM but only so that they can control and own us.

actually I think the calendar being off is going to be it, with a new calculation of another date for impending DOOM!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The ones I can think of:

World Ending: "They got the date wrong, here's a new date."

NWO, Elite, Blue whatever it's name is: "We raised people's knowledge on this here on ATS and other forums, so they didn't dare."

New Age, Enlightenment, etc: "It did happen, you just can see or tell yet because you're not worthy to be in our club."

Zombies: "Didn't happen because Zombies need brains to survive.......and right now most of the world seems to be lacking in brains....especially on ATS....."

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Some of the answers on here cracked me up!!

However we won't hear any excuses because those who are spouting the end of the world stuff won't even bother admitting they are wrong just like every other failed prediction. They won't admit they were wrong because this is the mother load of "predictions."

I plan on spending the day watching movies like "Deep Impact," "Armageddon," and of course the movie that taught me to own a limo when the world ends because it has tires made of steel and to play video games to learn to fly, "2012."

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
-What oh those doomsday plans, well the dog ate them.
-Was that yesterday?
-It was doomsday at my house.
-Hold on a minute, OK just pull my finger.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

1) No, no...the switch to Gregorian and other calendars made the dates mismatch.
2) The fact they are playing with the LHC has altered our space/time reality and delayed the Mayan doomsday.
3) I never said it was ON the 21st...but sometime around it...it could even be sometime in 2013.
4) The Maya knew nothing, the Hopi is where it's at...you should hear what they have to say about 2013 -2014.
5) NASA knew since 1983, they traced the timeline and used Haarp and Montauk tech to go back and avert trouble.
6) The lord moves in mysterious ways
7) The council of nine, prevented it
8) The watchers prevented it.
9) Combined love and harmonious chanting from all the newagers around the world prevented it
10) What the hell is this 2012 thing?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Blimey, tough crowd today.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think it will be because Lady GaGa's latest album was delayed. We all know that is when it will end.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
So where are all the good excuses?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
There excuse will be along the same lines as the one they used for the Olympics. They claimed they foiled the plot with positive vibes and awareness.

P-fft there a bunch of idiots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join