It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be the best/most common excuse for no mayan doomsday?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Just putting this out there to see who can guess the most common excuse why the apocalypse won't happen. On Dec. 22 2012 there will be all kinds of excuses calendar change calculations etc. etc. I wanted this thread on here so readers can find and post the most funny and extreme excuses and to also dissect them to try and find any scientific factuality behind why the world didn't end. Please post and let's have fun with this while at the same time try to find some scientific value (if any) in the excuses that will be coming in.

Thanks,

Roger
edit on 09/19/2005 by swampcricket because: Sp.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This is just like Y2K, except of instead of computers crashing, our civilization might crash.

Just ask yourself about all the worried people for Y2K.

Just to have the world keep trucking the following day.

It is good to be prepared but over analyzing something we may have no control over is a bit much.

Here's to surviving the Big Day!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
"The Mayan civilization was crap anyway". "With very limited tech, what do they know".
There ya go.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The world did actually end, this is just the parallel dimension where we survived.
edit on 18-12-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I didn't say the world was going to end, I was just repeating what everybody else was saying.

I bought all these guns for Deer season, not 2012.

That six figure underground bunker is my MANCAVE.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by swampcricket

That the reason that the world didnt end, is because the Mayan that was in charge of creating the calendar, died when he reached this date.

Not because of the date...but because it was his time to go.

No one ever finished it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You guys didnt know?

Every time you die you wake in this perfect replica world alive like it never happened.

That must mean we will live forever like this.
Hehehe

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

the date is all wrong.

we forgot to carry the 1.

ask harold camping.
edit on 12/18/2012 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thats the one im going to go with or that god took all the good people and this planet is now hell but there werent enough good enlightened people for us to notice them all being whisked to heaven. for the none religious they will just point out any natural or manmade disasters and say this is it happening it doesnt happen all at once. it most definitely.will not end after the 21st they will just change the story or move the goal posts

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm sure there will be some who believe that something did happen to trigger the beginning of the end.
Then they will stress over what exactly it was that happened.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Q: What will be the best/most common excuse for no Mayan doomsday?

A: There never was one to begin with. It is, and was always, about change... not doom.

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I ascended.

Got bored.

Descended.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I ascended.

Got bored.

Descended.

Beezzer,you just made my night!Best.Answer.Yet.
Cheers and Happy holidays to you and your wife

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You know I read the book "fingerprints of the gods" by graham Hancock when I was like 16 yrs old so that was 20 years ago. Back then (being 16 and yearning for any and all info) I followed it through adulthood. If you think about the time frame from when that book was published (early '90s internet was taking off blah blah) it had the perfect ingredients to form what is coming to a head now. It was an interesting read though. I'm gonna say as my first official guess is that some interplanetary misalignment occurred and made the calendar useless or the gravity of nibiru. Who knows. In reality I'm sticking by my plans for the 22nd. I just hope this thread gets some good replies to laugh at and ones to look at seriously as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

This will be the main excuse...........

BUT, since I gave Heff the heads-up, I may as well let the cat out of the bag.................

edit on 18-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by amrith777

Originally posted by beezzer
I ascended.

Got bored.

Descended.

Beezzer,you just made my night!Best.Answer.Yet.
Cheers and Happy holidays to you and your wife

Thanks!

Happy Holidays to you and yours my friend!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
See we need more like that!

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

This will be the main excuse...........

BUT, since I gave Heff the heads-up, I may as well let the cat out of the bag.................

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It didn't end because I wasn't ready to have it end. When I'm ready, you'll know.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The impending disaster/s was/were stopped by collective doomsday informed by prayer - consciousness from across the world.

edit on 18-12-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm expecting a lot of new age huff-n-puff about the mystical changes taking place in the spiritual world and about how us cynical folk just aren't "enlightened" enough to experience it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join