It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sick company profiting from the Sandy Hook massacre

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The sick company profiting from the Sandy Hook massacre

www.news.com.au

WHILE millions react with horror to last week's US school shooting, one company is revelling in a sales boom from its range of bulletproof backpacks.
Bulletproof backpacks. The kind designed for children.
Amendment II has reported increased revenue following the Sandy Hook massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, which left 28 dead including 20 children.
Amendment II is profiting from the massacre. It sells Disney-themed backpacks for school children for $300, Mother Jones reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I can only assume that these products have been around for a while, but after this recent tragedy, the marketing department may have been ramped up a little bit. Or at least the media have picked this up because it is currently in today's news.

Do not really know what to say about this. Normally I do not have an issue with voiceing my opinion, but this just seems a little to hard to comprehend.

Maybe the reality is finally sinking home that kids actually do need to wear bullet proof backpacks. What a crazy world we live in as I ponder that thought.

Bullet proof backpacks? Target market is school kids. Bit like a brain freeze really. Does not compute..

I guess it fills a need in some parts of the world and maybe it is wise to send your kids to school with these protective items.

I just have a hard time thinking that it is actually a product that is desired in the market.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-12-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Bulletproof backpacks.... that's awesome!

Now can we finally drop this whole "ban guns" thing once and for all, we have the solution!

Just arm the teachers too, and schools will be the last place armed assailants will attempt to shoot up.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yeah.....what a bizzare thing to make and sell.

I'm with you, I can't even wrap my brain around this.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sorry, I fail to how this is 'sick'... maybe cheeky or useless, but sick?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
A company is offering a ballistic protection product, and that is sick?
While firearms manufacturing companies are running at full steam, this is less sick?

I'll admit, it's an odd product, but one that offers protection. It might seem offensive to some who have been influenced by the media or lost children in the wake of Sandy Hook, but to others... Perhaps a serious consideration for their kids.

ballistic protection company makes a product designed for children of any sort gets credit from me. Period.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There are a lot of companies profiting from this shooting. There has been groups using the media to get people to donate more to the needy. Buy toys for the kids in need, gift certificates for the homeless, take a homeless person to a restaurant and buy him some lunch, anything to help the needy in remembrance of the kids that died.

Sounds like capitalism is making out like a bandit. I did not see one thing about giving anyone money. Every bit was to give money to the stores and restaurants. Who pays these newspeople promoting this stuff anyway. I suppose most of their money comes from business advertising. Why am I aware of this? I worked getting adds for a shopper a while back for a couple of months. I got to know their tactics.
You can learn from everything you do.

Buying toys for kids is not as good as making sure they have healthy food. Dropping off a turkey or ham with their parents is better. Even though the money still goes to the store, it's more practical. Mittens are better than teddy bears, kids lose gloves constantly.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

...There are a lot of companies profiting from this shooting.

Yeah - such as the Media! Anyone else think those moron ambulance-chasing 'journalists' hounding every survivor in Newtown may be wearing out their welcome? How about leaving those poor people in peace, idiots!?

Are your ivory tower bosses pursuing advertising dollars for your news organizations that callous and insensitive that you can't let the poor town grieve at their own pace for a bit?

CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC - they're ALL stinking, slimeball snakes. BACK OFF that town already! The media makes me sick...
edit on 12/18/2012 by Outrageo because:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Aw shucks, I thought you were gonna say GE, since they own ABC and all..

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Why is this company sick and not the gun peddlers who are still selling guns?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Quite frankly,i don't see this as sick.Opportunistic,yes,but that's the business world in a nutshell.There may be people who think its not a bad idea.After this atrocity,i would be surprised if the thoughts of how to keep children safer in any+all conceivable ways,has not been prominent in the minds of parents Globally.Imo,homeschooling is propably best,the way society's going south,and thats Without any nefarious conspiracies,even.Just,it really Is a jungle out there these days,many natural-born killers too.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Why is this company sick and not the gun peddlers who are still selling guns?

The company finds a way to justify it all

As does the manufacturer.

Don't forget gun sales are like mars bar sales.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I wonder if the person who wrote the news article would still be describing the company as "sick" if just one kids life were saved because of one of these backpacks

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Kids don't need bulletproof backpacks that's absurd. These things don't happen that often. They just get blown up huge when they do. What happened the other day was almost unavoidable, making guns illegal wouldn't have stopped it. Maybe if someone had a gun and could stop him (like what happened in the Mississippi school shooting) but I am not even advocating that. 99.9 percent of kids go through 10 or so years of school, every day, without worrying. These are FREAK OCCURRENCES.

Trust me.. the sick ones are the media. They cause these things and then profit from them. It's a cycle.
edit on 19-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
When I was a kid in grade school, I felt that school was boring and a waste of time. When I got in HS, I thought they should be paying me to come to class. Imagine the attitude I would have had if I needed to wear body armor just to be in class? I would have demanded eminent danger pay!

Also, isn't it enough that the parents have to buy most of the supplies for classes already? Now they have to buy body armor?

Home schooling sounds like it might be worth it from a cost comparison aspect alone.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Why is an awesome invention turned into a "sick company" in your eyes??

This is a great idea, just because they are making money now that this happened has nothing to do with Sandy Hook.....It's not like they are advertising "keep your kids safe from pyschos like at Sandy Hook" or anything??

What is the issue with a company finally showing a profit because parents can feel a sense of security with these??

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
These articles and various "knife proof" items are hot seller over in the UK.

Unbelievably, a knife incident now happens every
25 minutes in the UK*. Four in five of the offenders
are 12-20 years old* – the vast proportion will
therefore be school, college or university students.

Bladerunner Clothing

Im kind of surprised that their government hasnt tied knife-proof clothing to attackers the way the US media and politicians keep trying to tie body armor to attackers.

"The only reason you need knife-proof clothes is because you are going to get into a knife fight!" - kind of stupidity.

Parents are rushing to buy stab-proof school uniforms and hoodies to protect their children.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 19-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What the hell good would bulletproof backpacks do? Do they expect the kids to wear them all day? That would only protect their back too, not the front of the torso or the head or neck.

Useless.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
99% of schools DO NOT allow the use of back packs as is, once you are in the school, its usually placed away from the children/teen (Locker, back of chair, "Cubby Hole")...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yea the thing is I would bet it still would not stop one of those 223 rounds.
For this to even really have a chance of working you would need to drop a 3/4 inch thick piece of armor plate steel in there to give them any real chance of surviving.
Plus the training to boot.
edit on 19-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join