It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More gun talk. Does this really need a new thread? Perhaps.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by FlySolo

The only hypocrite is you. You want to ban guns because some children have been killed by them. Swimming pools kill more kids than guns a year, cars kill more kids than guns a year. Choking of objects kill more kids than guns per year. Shall I go on?

I'm the hypocrite huh? Throw me under the bus because I'm voicing a concern. Nice. In all actuality, I've got nothing to do with swimming pools nor car accidents so I guess you've made an irrelevant point. Your point is this. People die so deal with it. That's what you're saying between the lines.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

My point being that there are a lot more dangerous things that kill more children than firearms, but I don't see you posting a thread about any of them, why? One child dying is terrible, but don't blame an object when the reason they are dead is a nut-job not his chosen instrument. he could've waiting until the bell rang and ran over 20 with his car. If he did that would you ban vehicles? Come on get a better argument.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

My point being that there are a lot more dangerous things that kill more children than firearms, but I don't see you posting a thread about any of them, why? One child dying is terrible, but don't blame an object when the reason they are dead is a nut-job not his chosen instrument. he could've waiting until the bell rang and ran over 20 with his car. If he did that would you ban vehicles? Come on get a better argument.

You know that china stabbing recently of those 22 kids? The guy broke into a house to steal a knife and then he forced his way into the school. He went through a lot of trouble to do that. Sure, he went nuts but it was a lot of effort. No one died by the way.

Your argument now is cars are equivalent to guns. Another argument was bees are worse than guns. Next it's going to be lightning. Sure, someone hell bent on causing chaos is going to do something and you will always find something to equate it to. You know what it sounds like? It sounds like a drug addict in denial. It sounds like justification.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yes I get it guns are bad, so answer my question from earlier, which guns would you ban? and what would you do about the ones already owned.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Yes I get it guns are bad, so answer my question from earlier, which guns would you ban? and what would you do about the ones already owned.

That's tough. I don't own guns obviously so I can't list off the types. If I had it my way? I would ban the whole lot of them. Throw in a few dictator rules, harsh ones and then start spending money on community/ medical health/ and force schools to begin teaching moral ethics in the classrooms as a prerequisite to high school.

I understand why americans are afraid to give them up. It's two-fold. Or maybe 10-fold and very tricky because it begins with society as a whole.
edit on 19-12-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Since you're canadian why don't you start the canadian nazi party and disarm your own country first then worry about us to the south?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Since you're canadian why don't you start the canadian nazi party and disarm your own country first then worry about us to the south?

haha. You really don't like other countries meddling eh? You know why were meddling? Because everyone is pissed off. And we are disarmed for the record. I don't have to worry about getting shot in the face by some lunatic.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

If I had it my way? I would ban the whole lot of them. Throw in a few dictator rules, harsh ones

Look you've already shown you true fascist colors, and are obviously unbalanced. No one in their right mind advocates Dictatorship. You have issues. I wonder if the lone person who starred your OP will star that quote? Maybe there are 2 of you here on ATS. You're sick get help.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
reply to post by FlySolo

Average child deaths per year choking on toys: 2,000 news.consumerreports.org...

School shooting victims 2010: 33
usnews.nbcnews.com...

Oh and back to you.

your 2000 chokings to ...

In 2008, 2,947 children and teens died from guns in the United States and 2,793 died in 2009 for a total of 5,740—one child or teen every three hours, eight every day, 55 every week for two years. Six times as many children and teens—34,387—suffered nonfatal gun injuries as gun deaths in 2008 and 2009. This is equal to one child or teen every 31 minutes, 47 every day, and 331 children and teens every week.

And this isn't including the over-all averages for everyone.
So what were you saying?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

If I had it my way? I would ban the whole lot of them. Throw in a few dictator rules, harsh ones

Look you've already shown you true fascist colors, and are obviously unbalanced. No one in their right mind advocates Dictatorship. You have issues. I wonder if the lone person who starred your OP will star that quote? Maybe there are 2 of you here on ATS. You're sick get help.

And now for the personal attacks. What are you gonna do? Shoot me? Listen, you're clearly addicted to a systemic problem in society and you've got the gall to call me sick? That's laughable. Instead of trying have a non-confrontational discussion, you resort to ad homs to avoid logic. Like a desperate gun junkie

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I said this in another thread and it applies here as well.

Here is my reply. All of you foriegn people need to but out of the US's business. Yes my government sticks its nose everywhere, I don't agree with that. The average American doesn't go poking around in other country's business/problems. Leave the American citizen alone and quit trying to sway thier opinion to meet yours.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockledr
reply to post by FlySolo

I said this in another thread and it applies here as well.

Here is my reply. All of you foriegn people need to but out of the US's business. Yes my government sticks its nose everywhere, I don't agree with that. The average American doesn't go poking around in other country's business/problems. Leave the American citizen alone and quit trying to sway thier opinion to meet yours.

I don't like what you have to say, but I'll defend your right to say it. Now do the same instead of hopping from thread to thread telling people to shut up. What a hypocrite you are.
edit on 19-12-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Whatever stay out of US politics. I don't tell you Canucks how to run your country. Leave us alone. You internet activists from other countries really pi$$ me off. Take care of your country and we will attempt to take care of ours.
edit on 19-12-2012 by rockledr because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2012 by rockledr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why do you think as a Canadian you have the right to tell us in the States how to run our country? It's not only you doing it lots of foriegners. I will tell you what we will compromise, if you want a say in the US government immigrate and vote otherwise don't expect us to take you serious.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rockledr

No!
I will not mind my own business. For my entire life and for the length of time the internet has been around, it has been nothing but america this and america that. Invading countries without cause. Yammering on about the middle east and every other nation that doesn't fit into america's paradigm. A country full of nationalists beyond OCD. A country riddled with economic failure dragging our nation down with your ship. A nation full of hypocrisy and corrupt politicians sucking every ounce of sympathy from your northern brothers and sisters and I have said NOTHING. A nation only concerned with leveraging itself higher than its current global status to point of capacity that can not even contain its limits and I have said NOTHING. A nation that prods and pokes and insults and condemns others who do not see eye to eye and I have said NOTHING.

You are pissed off? I give so many flying f--cks they're falling from the sky. And when I voice my opinion about the gun issue, you tell me to go pound sand. You know what brother? The truth hurts and your patriotism needs to swallow a humble pill and shut it! The truth is, America is addicted to your god damn guns and everyone else in the world is laughing at you. Your nation is rotting from the inside out. But tell me to piss off. Go right a. because I wouldn't expect anything less. Take your friggen guns and eat them. Yankee.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Did I push your buttons poor little thing. Like I said I don't care what you do in Canada quit trying to influence the US. If you don't like your country supporting us work to change it. The common American could give two sh!ts about other countries governments. My government on the other hand is out of control. It just seems most don't really get it or as a lot of Americans are, too lazy to try and change it. I will not be coming back to this thread, thanks for the thoughts from north of the border.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockledr
reply to post by FlySolo

Did I push your buttons poor little thing. Like I said I don't care what you do in Canada quit trying to influence the US. If you don't like your country supporting us work to change it. The common American could give two sh!ts about other countries governments. My government on the other hand is out of control. It just seems most don't really get it or as a lot of Americans are, too lazy to try and change it. I will not be coming back to this thread, thanks for the thoughts from north of the border.

I'll quit trying to influence the US when the US stops sticking their finger in our pie. Don't even go there. You need us before we need you. So run along there gun man because you've got no talking points soldier.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

If the guy got up to drive his car through the crowd of kids standing in line outside the school to start their day, would you be showing pictures of Ford Taurus and Chevy Impalas instead of weapons? "I'm just saying"
There are bad people in this world. They will find ways to hurt people. How many times does such obvious common sense have to be repeated before it gets through some peoples' .s?
2x on the face palm.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealdemoboy
reply to post by FlySolo

If the guy got up to drive his car through the crowd of kids standing in line outside the school to start their day, would you be showing pictures of Ford Taurus and Chevy Impalas instead of weapons? "I'm just saying"
There are bad people in this world. They will find ways to hurt people. How many times does such obvious common sense have to be repeated before it gets through some peoples' .s?
2x on the face palm.

Cars aren't designed to have rapid fire for maximum carnage. You can't drive a car without a key. Cars are harder to get a hold of if you don't have one. Cars aren't sold on a second market with no background check. Cars have license plates. You can pull someone out of a car. You can run the other away from a car. You can hear a car coming. You can see a car coming. Cars aren't as luring as guns. People aren't addicted to their cars. You have to know how to drive a car. Car's aren't weapons of choice.

Face palm all you like, it's a pathetic argument. In fact, it's so pathetic, anyone who claims it's common sense is ignorant beyond belief and will be easy to defeat in this debate.
edit on 20-12-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Cars weren't designed to kill people... yet they do every day. By accident and on purpose.
Cars have license plates. Until you take them off. Or you change them out with your neighbors plates. Just like guns have serial numbers.

Cars are harder to get than guns? PLEASE give me some of whatever you're on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join