It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More gun talk. Does this really need a new thread? Perhaps.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

In 1997, the staff of the CPSC, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, examined and issued a recall for some Kinder Surprise illegally brought into the US with foreign labels. The staff determined that the toys within the eggs had small parts. The staff presumed that Kinder Surprise, being a chocolate product, was intended for children of all ages, including those under three years of age. On this basis, the staff took the position that Kinder Surprise was in violation of the small parts regulation and banned from importation into the US.[8]

Guns don't kill kids. Kinder Surprise does.

Nuff said while I give my head a shake.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
One is made for kids. One isn't. Do I need a second line?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

A second line? sure.

Priorities. 2nd

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I'm not sure what you mean, can you please clarify? Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Never mind.
Face palm.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
WOW... I didn't know pulse rifles in the 40 megawatt range were legal in the US. How can I get one?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I'm just saying...

I find it ironic that little toys concealed in chocolate are such a threat they need to be banned. Yet, grown up toys are what's killing kids.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Oh ok, I understand. I still stand by my first post then. By that logic, adults should be illegal as they are the leading cause of children dying unnatural deaths. I'm not pro-gun btw. I'm pro-freedom. I do not, and never will, own a firearm.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Really a gun killed kids all by itself. It floated into the school and started firing. OR maybe some psycho chose to murder children.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Both the guns and the kinder surprise chocolate egg can be used to kill.

The chocolate egg being the one needing a little creativity.

Being shot is one of the least distressful ways to die.

Under normal circumstances neither the guns nor the egg kill people.

It takes the right kind of person and some creativity to kill people.

People kill people.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The chances of dying from a bee sting is greater than being shot in your school. Ban bees!
edit on 18-12-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

I'm just saying...

I find it ironic that little toys concealed in chocolate are such a threat they need to be banned. Yet, grown up toys are what's killing kids.

Yup. Those grown up toys are jumping off the shelves and ambusing people!

I take it you are all for the impending "assault" weapons ban.

Previous ban: 1994 to 2004/

Columbine school massacre: 1999

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I can see I'm dealing with a difficult crowd. When was the last time you had a classroom of kids choking on small toys? The excuses i'm seeing here is beyond any rational thoughts. None of you can see the hypocrisy here?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
The chances of dying from a bee sting is greater than being shot in your school. Ban bees!
edit on 18-12-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

You're comparing bees to bullets friend.

link   
Does anyone even remember what the "assault weapons ban" banned? It banned bayonet lugs and flash suppressors. And made magazine more expensive. You could still buy an AR15. In fact if they implement the same law, the weapon used by Lanza would still be legal.

link   
Oh now we don't want to even get into the horror.....the terror...the outright threat to society and all mankind that THIS presented: (cue bloody screams)

I mean this nanny state mindset goes back a few years. A few decades, actually. Now we're down to cute little toys because some idiot kid might eat one. Well, there are A LOT of things that stupid kids could eat. So many in a home in fact, I can't imagine ever 'proofing' that out of a home. Of course though, they exist to ban things and when an agency exists to regulate and ban things, they will find new thresholds to define what needs banned.

This is what we're going into debt to support?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Average child deaths per year choking on toys: 2,000 news.consumerreports.org...

School shooting victims 2010: 33
usnews.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

The only hypocrite is you. You want to ban guns because some children have been killed by them. Swimming pools kill more kids than guns a year, cars kill more kids than guns a year. Choking of objects kill more kids than guns per year. Shall I go on?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Ya, 33 all at once!

This thread really isn't about the stupid kinder per se and choking. It's about the bleeding hearts in office with no priorities. What would it take to get you guys to put your guns down anyway? I'm not talking about hand guns. There must be some limit sometime. Everyone has a price they're not willing to pay.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

OK which guns would you like banned? And if you say assault weapon, define what you consider an assault weapon.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Carreau because: sp

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join