It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are white men the predominant culprits to mass murder/suicide?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
A few have also been asian as in the virginia tech incident...and that was in the USA in fact last night on the ground zero show they discussed about the cases where it was asians

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Haha how's that trolling, guy asked a question, there's no answer that we know of so i'm thowing all the sterotypes out there so we can move on

Whole thread is a troll thread, racial nonsense in 3,2,1....
edit on 18-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here's another. How many of these mass murderers have been poor? Could we be making the mistake of thinking that it's race rather than class that is a determining factor, in the same way people spout of about black people being criminals while ignoring the large numbers of black people are working class.

From all these mass murders, being white and British, I pick up on that a)they're American and b)they're all living in big ass houses

To say that it's white people generally would be wrong though, maybe in an American context. In white europe there are very few similar mass murders.

Like with everything my guess is that there is a big combination of factors at play

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Because other races take out their rage on other targets like other gang members. Since no one really cares if a gang member dies it's overlooked. Plus white men/women are still the majority in this country.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueMessiah
I got to thinking.......why is this select group almost always responsible for mass murder/suicide? You very rarely hear about other ethnic groups committing these types of crimes.

I guess it is what the press want to talk about.... they liked the DC snipers for awhile...

But much is never really reported on and as example in just the city of Chicago there is over 400 murders so far this year, mostly all minorities, done by minorities, used guns in a city were guns are 100% banned.

Would that be mass murder by minorities and proof gun laws mean nothing to those who live there?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by TrueMessiah

Black on white crime is said to be caused by long-held anger on the part of blacks. White on black crime is credited to racism in many cases

Why is one way hated but the other way racist? Why do blacks account for 11.5% of the total population but 40% of criminal arrest?

At least statistically there are more white males than any other group so it would stand to reason there would be more of them committing any crime.

First off, those words are not mine.
Second, Ithink it swings both ways but the term hatred and racism are synonymous IMO.
Third, let's not get off topic here. The discussion is about white males and mass murder....not the reasons behind why whites and blacks commit crimes against each other.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Black on Black crime is prevalent every single day. same with Hispanics. Humans are the issue

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I'm not getting off topic, you put that line in your post, I was asking about it. If it was irrelevant then why put it in there to begin with? AND I answered your question.

BTW hated and racism have two different meanings.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Carreau because: sp

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This OP message was linked from a wordpress blog...The fact of the matter is that each race has it's own horrible history and happenings and they aren't really worth comparing as they have more to do with particular culture and are all bad just in different ways.

Anyone can point to increased horrid crime statistics per race but there is no reason to provoke more division among the people with this nonsense. We are all human and most of us aren't these sick people. So let's come together.

Stop with this idiotic hatred and division! I leave you with this...

edit on 18-12-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Even though you called me a troll I have to agree. Star for you.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

The shooting of one person is not mass murder. I've never heard of gangs that have mass murder as a initiation requirement.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by Epirus

Even though you called me a troll I have to agree. Star for you.

You're not a troll I misread your post, I edited my reply.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueMessiah
reply to post by Epirus

The shooting of one person is not mass murder. I've never heard of gangs that have mass murder as a initiation requirement.

Interesting, I have. I guess we all learn something every day though.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by uggghhh
Mexican cartel members shoot up entire birthday partys full of women and kids... and pretty much anything else they can shoot up... im not sure it has to do with race.. do you mean in the USA? even then their are so many drive by mass victim shootings from black and mexican and asian gangs...

You said the key word, "gangs", in which case would be to enforce penalties due to insufficient funds, theft or the snitch factor. For the purpose of this thread, what is the white male "enforcing"?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Men are the predominant violent murderers, probably for evolutionary reasons. What color man predominates mass murder/suicide depends entirely on what color man is predominant in a given society. There are lots of white people in America, so most of our spree killers are white. Though we've also had Asian spree killers (Virginia Tech), black spree killers (Washington snipers), Arabic spree killers (Fort Hood), etc. Our open borders have also allowed suicidal mass murderers from other countries to come here to practice their art (9/11). If you look at other countries, you'll find men of other races engaged in murder sprees, although in some countries they don't end in suicide because they know they can get away with it. Overlooking them and thinking white men do murder better is a subtle form of racism. You should open your eyes and your heart and realize that lunatics of color can be just as crazy as whites.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Rwanda, Chinese cultural revolution, hey it's not only white people who get homicidal.

I believe o.p is referring to mass homicide that has no
obvious motive as in war/genocide/racism . . .

Originally posted by missflowers
www.rolereboot.org...

White men from upper middle-class backgrounds expect to be both welcomed and heard wherever they go. When that sense of entitlement gets frustrated, as it can for a host of complex psychological reasons

Perhaps the greatest asset that unearned privilege conveys is the sense that public spaces “belong” to you.

^ that seems like it could be a rational explanation.

edit on 18/12/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Men are the predominant violent murderers, probably for evolutionary reasons. What color man predominates mass murder/suicide depends entirely on what color man is predominant in a given society. There are lots of white people in America, so most of our spree killers are white. Though we've also had Asian spree killers (Virginia Tech), black spree killers (Washington snipers), Arabic spree killers (Fort Hood), etc. Our open borders have also allowed suicidal mass murderers from other countries to come here to practice their art (9/11). If you look at other countries, you'll find men of other races engaged in murder sprees, although in some countries they don't end in suicide because they know they can get away with it. Overlooking them and thinking white men do murder better is a subtle form of racism. You should open your eyes and your heart and realize that lunatics of color can be just as crazy as whites.

I resent that "subtle form of rasism" comment. I am not trying to imply anything of the sort.
True, the white population is more prevalent in number but besides the DC sniper incident, what other black mass murder have you heard of in the U.S.?
Of course there are murderers in all shapes, sizes and races but you can't deny that this is a specific characterization of the white male. Serial killers also fit into this category, that is FOR THE MOST PART. I had to put that in caps before you state "whites aren't the only serial killers out there." Im not bashing anyone or any race. Just looking for some specific reasons behind this.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

nvm
edit on 18-12-2012 by uggghhh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The OP said suicide...im black and if i went on a killing spree im not wild enough to take myself out... id have to keep going until some brave soul did me the favor and i thank them on my last breath...but for all that to take place i'd need to be under mind control and on a heavy supply of drugs

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
double post
edit on 18-12-2012 by pcchris because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join