It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inquiry Into Libya Attack Is Sharply Critical of State Dept.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So here is what we are getting. This was a CIA operation that was the responsibility of the State Department. This was "policy". The POTUS does not dictate foreign policy; he is only a puppet or front man. Foreign policy dictates don't change because the Executive does. Benghazi was an covert operation, a portion of this country's geo-political strategy. It hasn't changed since the Bush years. We are creating havoc in the middle east and central asia. That will not stop.

WASHINGTON — An independent inquiry into the attack on the United States diplomatic mission in Libya that killed four Americans on Sept. 11 sharply criticizes the State Department for a lack of seasoned security personnel and relying on untested local militias to safeguard the compound, Congressional and State Department officials said Tuesday night.

The investigation into the attacks on the diplomatic mission and C.I.A. annex that killed Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three others also faulted State Department officials in Washington for ignoring requests from officials at the American Embassy in Tripoli for more guards and safety upgrades to the diplomatic mission.

The panel also blamed the State Department for waiting for specific warnings of imminent attacks to act rather than adapting security procedures and protocols to a deteriorating security environment. By this spring, Benghazi, a hotbed of militant activity in eastern Libya, had experienced a string of assassinations and attacks, including one on a British envoy’s motorcade.

Finally, the report also blamed two major State Department bureaus — diplomatic security and Near Eastern affairs — for failing to coordinate and plan adequate security at the mission. The panel also determined that a number of officials had shown poor leadership.

link

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Well I guess no one has anything to say. It was Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi a month ago. Everyone has piped down now. Guess it is not too interesting when you can't blame it on the White House.

So ignorant, all the theories and blame that were bantered around. Like one guy is running this deal??!! I can't believe anyone up on alternate news would subscribe to such manure.

Our President is a front man, bag man, if you will. He doesn't establish policy. Did you forget about our secret government?? I guess it is not so interesting now since he will be our president for the next four years.

Whatever.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

S & F for you, but I'm only responding because no one else is and it should be a topic of discussion. Unfortunately, this was a month ago, in media time . . . that's like a decade in human years as far as memory is concerned.

I think those that understand how the government acts knew all of this from the get go. Unfortunately, instead of having a discussion geo-policy this finding will be buried under our fear of evil guns.

And . . . I don't think the president is the only puppet in this game . . . they all seem to be these days.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Great stuff. Finally some truth on here.

I hear people complaining about Obama all the time. Obama and the drones, Obama and the child killings... I hear this from people we would concider to be conspiracy theorists, its as though they split their brain in two halves and hold on to theories about a shadow government and go right into derp mode when Obama turns up on their screens.

Either you are a conspiracy theorist and recognize that Obama does not hold much power or you are a mainstreamer and can talk about how bad or good he does things. This forum is a joke.

In the elections it was as though ATS became a goddamn rally for mainstreamers. People who believe the show that was going on. It made me sick to my stomach to see ATS like that. Stop playing their goddamn game.

Good post, sorry for the rant.

top topics

join