It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gun store owner offers discount to teachers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Since the shootings I can't stop thinking about safety of my kids in school. I have one in elementary and one in middle school. There is a full time police officer in the middle school but no security at all in the elementary. Just today I heard that three schools received threats and went on a lock down. Whoever thinks it's funny to scare the crap out of people with false threats should be arrested.

Anyway, We need to make our schools safe and I think teachers should be trained and able to defend themselves and our kids at all times. Covering kids with their bodies like what some teachers had to do in CT should not be the only way they can protect their students.

I am sure that in every school there are teachers willing to learn how to handle a handgun and would use it if God forbid this happens again.

I need to hear why people are against armed teachers in schools, because I can't think of any reason.

After Sandy Hook massacre, Texas gun store owner reportedly offers discount to teachers

(CBS) - Days after the massacre at a Connecticut elementary school, a Texas gun store owner is offering teachers a discount toward the purchase of a concealed handgun license, CBS DFW reports. "Our normal rate is $110.00, so I would give them a rate of $90.00," said Crocket Keller, of Kellers Riverside Gun Store near Austin. "If they are teachers, we would be more than happy to do that."

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Do we have any teachers on ATS? Please share your opinions.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
No one has anything to say?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret
Do we have any teachers on ATS? Please share your opinions.

Im not a teacher in a school but I do work in instruction/education with the public and plenty of children.

We have a "dont ask dont tell" policy toward carry. Well, more like "dont ask dont care" policy.

Carry is lawful everywhere else in the state (save federally mandated "gun free" zones) so why the hell would we arbitrarily block it from here?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think that's awesome.
If those teachers in Conn. all were carrying, There wouldn't be nearly as many deaths.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
THIS ROCKS!

I would soooooooooooooooooooo jump over the counter and give a buncha hugga kissa and lovvvvvaaaa to this store owner!

Hell, I might even get my teacher's license!

PEACE
edit on 19-12-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join