It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Francis Bacon was the author of Shakespeare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
THERE! I said it!

It's time to face facts and accept that the nearly illiterate William Shakespeare who didnt own a single book and who had an illiterate daughter WAS NOT the author of a single work attributed to Shakespeare.

It's time to give credit to where credit is due,

The actual author of the works attributed to William Shakespeare was actually a man by the name of Sir Francis Bacon, this man was also driving force behind creating the Modern Masonry that would turn up in the year 1717.

So let's meet Sir Francis Bacon:

Francis Bacon, 1st Viscount St. Alban,[1][a] Kt., KC (22 January 1561 – 9 April 1626) was an English philosopher, statesman, scientist, jurist, and author. He served both as Attorney General and Lord Chancellor of England. Although his political career ended in disgrace, he remained extremely influential through his works, especially as philosophical advocate and practitioner of the scientific method during the scientific revolution.
Bacon has been called the creator of empiricism.[2] His works established and popularised inductive methodologies for scientific inquiry, often called the Baconian method, or simply the scientific method. His demand for a planned procedure of investigating all things natural marked a new turn in the rhetorical and theoretical framework for science, much of which still surrounds conceptions of proper methodology today.
Bacon was knighted in 1603, and created both the Baron Verulam in 1618 and the Viscount St. Alban in 1621; as he died without heirs, both peerages became extinct upon his death. He famously died by contracting pneumonia while studying the effects of freezing on the preservation of meat.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 18-12-2012 by BeholdTheTruth8 because: typos

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It's amazing how far people will go to create a conspiracy theory ..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Do you bite your thumb at him, sir? For I do believe you bite your thumb, sir.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
My grt grt grt grandsire Sir Bertie De vere is a contender for this honour as well.......
so there are pthers who could fill these shoes besides Bacon as it were

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So,you consider yourself a Baconian then?

Care to elaborated on this theory of how this is so?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BeholdTheTruth8

There are definitely questions surrounding this.

Both of Williams parents were presumed to be illiterate....as were Williams children.

While it was common for some illiterates children to gain literacy, it is quite odd that once literate he wouldnt teach his children.

Not to mention, in his will...he makes no mention of his writings; or whom should inherit them.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BeholdTheTruth8

This bit of Tom Foolery...I just don't buy. But, the urge to post pics of piles of Bacon is almost overwhelming.....

There is inherent danger in any thread with the word Bacon in the title....

Des

edit on 18-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
It's amazing how far people will go to create a conspiracy theory ..

It's amazing how far people will go to dismiss something they clearly know nothing about. I'm a die hard Shakespeare fan (even have two quotes as tattoos) and even I know of this and think it could be true. It is an interesting story and conspiracy in itself. I read a book about 8yrs ago on this and it was eye opener. It made me think about who Shakespeare really was.....I can't remember the title though. It had Shakespeare on the cover and it also had Bacon. It was one person but with two faces. I found at Barnes and Noble for 5 bucks.

Dont dismiss something just because you think it to be nonsense unless you've taken the time to look into it. I still dont know what to think about this topic. I love the works of Shakespeare be it done by another or not. I enjoy the words on paper. Who wrote them to me now is really irrelevant.

OP I always wondered why if Bacon did write the works credited to Shakespeare WHY it was done? If Shakespeare was illiterate how did he get credit for such works? If he had no writing background, how did he get credit for these? So many questions!

Nice thread btw
I always enjoyed the Shakespeare/Bacon debate even as a die hard Shakespeare fan.

Here are a couple links for you on the theory

Sir Francis Bacon AKA WIlliam Shakespeare

This is a PDF link just so you know
Shakespeare

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeholdTheTruth8
...It's time to face facts and accept that the nearly illiterate William Shakespeare who didnt own a single book and who had an illiterate daughter WAS NOT the author of a single work attributed to Shakespeare.
The actual author of the works attributed to William Shakespeare was actually a man by the name of Sir Francis Bacon, this man was also driving force behind creating the Modern Masonry that would turn up in the year 1717.

There are actually some very good arguments for this being the case...
Calling it "fact", though, really sets you up for a fall, when history has such a story built around the man, William Shakespeare...
In fact - I am almost related to the man...
One of the more curious things about Sir Francis Bacon was his involvement in King James' construction of the official Bible...
Athena - Spear Shaker

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluverIt's amazing how far people will go to dismiss something they clearly know nothing about.

It's amazing how much people will assume about another
edit on 12/18/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
there apparently does not exist a single piece of paper of any of shakespeares plays or even a line written in his own hand.

you would figure at least one piece of paper of one of his plays would survive or an unfinished work with corrections etc.

since he was considered a genius even in his own lifetime.

but it's possible shakespeare was an eccentric genius with a monumental ego and kept no notes or even destroyed them as to be "unalterable" after the finished draft was printed thus insuring its "perfection".

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So you declare it, therefore it is true? This argument started in the mid 19th century. There are adherents, but it is not exactly mainstream. Certainly it does not originate with you. You read it on the Internets. Yours is a minority view and, at least on this thread, not well argued. Every English major has studied it, and I'm sure they can all wax eloquent on the subject as they hand out the french fries.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Do some due diligence and you'll find that one of your assertions is false. Shakespeare was not illiterate. In fact there are extant examples of his writing. You just need to research a bit.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
HmmmmmmmmmmPerhaps it was grampa Edward DeVere?
www.authorshipstudies.org...

The jurys still out

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Bacon definitely was Shakespeare. The purpose of it was to further the English language and give the English people a common identity. Bacon didn't work alone. He had lots of writers working for him and he ran a secret society called Knights of the Helmet that contributed. Together, they added over 20,000 new words to the English language.

This is a link to a video about it. www.youtube.com...

The video is 3 hours and it's about the life of Bacon/New Atlantis/Freemasonry. The segment about Bacon/Shakespeare is towards the end.
edit on 15-3-2013 by broctune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Shakespeare's plays were written by William Shakespeare.

Bacon's acknowledged poetry is pedestrian verse. The Earl of Oxford's poetry is also pedestrian verse.

Bacon was a very busy guy who also wrote voluminously in technical areas. If Shakespeare's plays were written in pedestrian verse on technical matters, I could see the possibility that he wrote Shakespeare's plays.

Unfortunately the plays are world class literature, at the head of the class in fact, out of Bacon's literary league. Shakespeare wrote them. Ben Johnson makes it completely, abundantly clear in a dedicatory poem in the first folio, that the plays were written by an actor from Stratford-upon-Avon, and who that actor was.

The best argument against Baconian authorship of the plays is Bacon's life. He's too busy, too technical. He's not a serious artist. People seem to believe that these supremely excellent dramatic works could be tossed off as garnishes to an already very full career. That's nonsense. A complete impossibility.

The Earl of Oxford was a wealthy scrambled egg who was flattered by literary figures hoping to gain his financial patronage. He was also too busy and too immature as a personality to write Shakespeare's plays. He travelled a lot, was deeply involved in court politics, litigation, quarrels, dissolute behavior and died before the last of Shakespeare's plays had been produced.

If one looks into it and thinks a little bit, it becomes obvious. Shakespeare wrote Shakespeare. It amazes me that people persist in thinking otherwise.

When people criticise Shakespeare for a lack of education they don't seem to take the "prodigy" factor into consideration.

How could a boy of 10 years old master several dead languages? Well surely he spent the ages from 0 to 9 studying linguistics. But how could he even do that without some educational grounding? Easy, and I do mean easy, he was a prodigy. Prodigies are very quick learners.

en.wikipedia.org...:_Leadership.2C_Teaching.2C_Evangelism

Jean-François Champollion knew several dead languages by the time he was 10 years old and read an important paper at the Grenoble Academy at 16 years old.[124

But even if Shakespeare was a prodigy, how could he learn about statecraft when his job was putting on plays for the court of Queen Elizabeth I?

Maybe he was an observant prodigy.

Shakespeare's plays were written by someone steeped in the life of the theatre. They were written by a great artist, not a guy who was an outstanding lawyer/scientist/philosopher/politician. The Baconians and Oxfordians are not being realistic about what it takes to write at the level of Shakespeare.

Read Ben Johnson's poem. It is almost as if he knew that "the powers that be" would one day try to take those works from their true author. Ben Johnson triple underlines who wrote those plays. It was William Shakespeare, an actor from Stratford-upon-Avon.

edit on 25-6-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join