It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Old Friend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I am so very sorry to hear about the tragedy that has happened, all of us here are absolutely horrified by this terrible event but we are also very aware that it is as nothing as to what you must be feeling right now.

That is how I would begin a letter to the people of the US if it was possible for one country to write a letter to another because I care deeply about what happens to the ordinary people in America, yeah you read it right I am a Brit that likes America and in particular American people. I appreciate their good manners, and greatly admire their moral fortitude.

Allow me to explain why that is, during the early part of the last century we stood shoulder to shoulder against those who would do us harm, and then as the century progressed we as allies in NATO sought to quell the ambitions of others who sought to impose their way of life on us.

So bearing what I have said in mind I would appeal to all my fellow countrymen who like me would prefer to continue to be friends and allies with this great nation to step back like any real friend should and just let them work this one out for themselves.

Until our old friends across the pond have worked things out as we can be sure they will, lets please just do what a real friend should do and make it clear that we support them, and will be there for them regardless of how things eventually turn out, and that also as our much valued old friend, and ally they may rest assured that they will always be made welcome.

Kind regards.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

You just set a good example for Americans, as well as Brits. Well said!

S&F.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Well said.

Just let the neighbors fight, if you get in between then you become the target.
S&F

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by hotel1

You just set a good example for Americans, as well as Brits. Well said!

S&F.

Thankyou

There has been quite a lot of understandable vitriol on this forum but I prefer to believe that old friends are big enough to see past what divides them, and stay focused on what draws us together. Maybe that means I am just being naive but its a healthy naivety at that.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Ah from Califoria the state that gave the world The Beach Boys, and the modern Bikini, I will always love you for that.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
reply to post by g146541

Ah from Califoria the state that gave the world The Beach Boys, and the modern Bikini, I will always love you for that.

We also gave the world Diane Feinstein...
For this alone, I allow perfect strangers to kick me once in the ding ding as my part of the attonement.

Yeah, we put out alot of wonderful things, too bad the greatest are the worst as well.
Sorry I rambled off topic, so I will readjust course and give an analogy of what the OP suggests...
Brother and sister are fighting for one reason or another, Cousin jumps in and is beaten down by the siblings, then the siblings go back to beating each other.
Next day, they all sit at the same table with smiles eating ice cream.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Nice way of putting it, I just went onto the thread about what the guy who is supposedly from muslim brotherhood has been saying about us, and added a brief thought in the hope of demonstrating some simmilar sentiments

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Until our old friends across the pond have worked things out as we can be sure they will, lets please just do what a real friend should do and make it clear that we support them, and will be there for them regardless of how things eventually turn out, and that also as our much valued old friend, and ally they may rest assured that they will always be made welcome.

Very nicely put. This is not the time to be concerned with petty squabbles, nor for a descent into what has been little more than one up man ship from both sides of the Atlantic. Neither of us live in a perfect world, and dividing lines are not going to bring us any closer to amending that.

Thank you Sir, for bringing an edge of reasoned compassion to the table, I for one, greatly appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Very nicely put. This is not the time to be concerned with petty squabbles, nor for a descent into what has been little more than one up man ship from both sides of the Atlantic. Neither of us live in a perfect world, and dividing lines are not going to bring us any closer to amending that.

Thank you Sir, for bringing an edge of reasoned compassion to the table, I for one, greatly appreciate it.

You are very welcome friend,

I have relatives, and friends in the US but even if that were not the case I would still always for the reasons I cited above care deeply about what happens in your fine nation to you superb people.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I have relatives, and friends in the US but even if that were not the case I would still always for the reasons I cited above care deeply about what happens in your fine nation to you superb people.

I am of the UK persuasion, but take no issue in being otherwise mistaken and echo your sentiment

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

I am of the UK persuasion, but take no issue in being otherwise mistaken and echo your sentiment

OK, I also think fine nation, and superb people applies to good old Blighty, the recent events at GOSH Children's Hospital demonstrate that.

new topics

top topics

join