It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Question: Will You Bow Before Adam?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I have provided many facts from science that show why we should pay attention to God, the giver of gifts on Christmas. You seem to miss the symbolism in Santa. What about Frosty?

Pretty sure that has more to do with the winter solstice, which happens to be a pagan holiday.

Get involved with the correct Spirit. Only one of those Spirits is worth bowing to.

No one is worth bowing to except as an exercise in humility, because anyone who desires to be bowed to probably needs a few such exercises themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I have provided many facts from science that show why we should pay attention to God, the giver of gifts on Christmas. You seem to miss the symbolism in Santa. What about Frosty?

Pretty sure that has more to do with the winter solstice, which happens to be a pagan holiday.

Get involved with the correct Spirit. Only one of those Spirits is worth bowing to.

No one is worth bowing to except as an exercise in humility, because anyone who desires to be bowed to probably needs a few such exercises themselves.

According to the story, Adam desired to bow to God. Jesus listened to the Father. God says to bow to Adam. This is THE act of humility before God. Bowing is not the desire of Christ. Loving God and seeing Him face to face is the desire. Love is the key to seeing God face to face. Bowing only shows the sign that the law is fulfilled. Love others. God is one of the others.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

You provide good evidence for who Muhammad was listening to in the form of an angel.

Whoever Mohammad was listening to... warned of Satan, that he is an enemy to mankind.

So, if you are trying to imply that Mohammad was listening to a Satanic angel, Jesus would ask you "How can Satan drive out Satan?" Because by Jesus words, a Satanic angel would not work against Satan by giving Mohammad the message that one must seek refuge in God from Satan.

Because when people suspected Jesus of driving out demons using demonic power.... he refuted them by saying "How can Satan drive out Satan".

And that is biblical evidence for who Mohammad was listening to.

edit on 18-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

No no no

Flash Gordon and here’s why

Flash – he will save every one of us
Flash – he is the master of the impossible
Flash – he is the saviour of the universe

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Satan had to bow down because he was an angel and angels were told to bow down to humans since they were made in the image of God, so that was for angels not for humans...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This is the paradox of the Qur'an. It is the judgment document against those who do not believe. Taking the name requires the character of God and God's character is obvious. The document condemns unbelief and there is no way to be a believer if the name is taken in vain. This is how the will of God is revealed. His will is to give and receive only. The thief takes.

Clearly, we can know them by their fruit. The same goes for anyone calling themselves Christian apart from the fruit of that belief. It is in vain. If you are reading the Qur'an, best to keep a close eye on the wording. I have a copy and I am aware of why Ishmael will ultimately recognize his true messiah. Ishmael is the last brother to join the twelve. This happens, according to Genesis 41 and 45, when we are in the second year of tribulation. How do you think the true enemy is defeated? Not by strength, not by might, but by the Spirit. Unity under Christ will be the end of the serpent. The heel crushes the head and that heel at the beginning of the loaf is the same one that was bruised at the end of the loaf.

1 Corinthians 10

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

As long as Ishmael builds his temple on Earth, he is choosing to embrace the prince of sin and death. The true cornerstone of the temple is Christ. He is the capstone and foundation at the same time.

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

You provide good evidence for who Muhammad was listening to in the form of an angel.

Whoever Mohammad was listening to... warned of Satan, that he is an enemy to mankind.

So, if you are trying to imply that Mohammad was listening to a Satanic angel, Jesus would ask you "How can Satan drive out Satan?" Because by Jesus words, a Satanic angel would not work against Satan by giving Mohammad the message that one must seek refuge in God from Satan.

Because when people suspected Jesus of driving out demons using demonic power.... he refuted them by saying "How can Satan drive out Satan".

And that is biblical evidence for who Mohammad was listening to.

edit on 18-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I have a copy and I am aware of why Ishmael will ultimately recognize his true messiah. Ishmael is the last brother to join the twelve.

If you are using Ishmael to symbolize Islam, then Ishmael has recognized the true Messiah. Jesus.
Jesus is the messiah in Islam there is no other.

The rest of your post seems very cryptic to me... and I can only respond cryptically.

Can you break it down to simpler, more objective points?

And what about my earlier point... about how the Koran cannot be satanic in origin because it preaches against Satan.... and Satan cannot drive out Satan?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I bow to no one. Neither man nor god.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I don’t really but into this theory…but according to the Edgar Cayce material/writings… Jesus and Adam were different incarnations of the same soul.

Which if true… then yes… I should bow before Adam!!!

But then again Cayce also said that Jesus was Enoch, Hermes, Melchizedek, Joseph, Joshua, Asaph, Jeushua and Zend, in his past incarnations.

Source

- JC

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
I have a simple question. Will you bow before the Son of God (Adam)?

Not a chance, any more than I would read the entire post.

Santa Claus, on the other hand, is a different story. I happen to know for a FACT that Santa uses small BIRDS to spy on people to see if they were naughty or nice the same way the NSA spies on these threads. The birds are like AUVs with a DIRECT line to Santa's HQ at the NP, and if you screw up, it's black coal for you, bucky!

Defy Santa at your peril.

What you should do, at the very least, is read my last post above this one. Greek and Latin. Argue with one simple root and you can say you are right.

It's really not necessary. Aesop's Fables is more enlightening.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
I guarantee it, "that every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, that Jesus is Lord" whether people deny it now or not, mock it, argue about it, laugh or what ever. That time will come.

Word.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Why in the HELL do we have to bow to ANYONE???

No, I won't.
I was created, just like he was. (And here, I Edit To Add: I don't believe they existed, ever....but even if they did:

I did not contribute to the "fall of man"; if he and Eve screwed things up (by listening to a talking snake?) then it's on them. NOT ME. I was born female...am I to accept that I'm a filthy, vile human created in the image of God's fantasy of a non-male and an inherently evil specimen?)

I'm so ever-living tired of this "blame the descendants" thing. What rational and kind parent would continue to judge the umptizillionth generation just because of what some fable-people did?

It's ridiculous.

I'm sorry, Ed, but no matter how much I try to read and appreciate your posts and ideas, they seem really weird to me.

edit on 19-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I'm rather grateful to learn I am not alone in that sentiment, even if I am male. Quite frankly, everything about these beliefs seems to revolve around harboring insecurities while insisting there is no reason to be insecure.
edit on 19-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You know, if I admire someone who's famous, and I meet them....I either ask for their autograph, or to shake their hand.
And I've met some pretty prominent people: including Gary Sinise, and Garry Trudeau.....
And I said, "I want to say hello, and I really admire and respect the work you do."

They were very nice, btw. And I was asked by Trudeau to fax his comic-strip original to his editor/publisher!!

Once I went to see Nick Lowe (YEARS ago)....and went out to the tour bus...he came out, and I said, "May I have a hug?" and he swept me into his arms (ETA: gave me a civil hug and) kissed me (ETA: on the cheek).

THAT is what I expect from an admirable 'deity'. We had another asshat come in named......never mind. but he was busy ordering people around, acting non-plussed, complaining and ranting at staff... with wanting his Wall Street Journal, and ordering his limo, and all "American Psycho" looking.....ugh.....what a jerk! And only in his mid-20s!!

Anyway, sorry, Off Topic here.
I just don't see groveling to anyone. We're all precious and deserving of validation and respect.
So, yeah, meet "Adam", or "Jesus", or Ghandi (at least we know he actually existed), or the Dalai Lama (he, too),or whoever. Nice to meet you. Nod of the head maybe. Handshake.

I'd be more like

edit on 19-12-2012 by wildtimes because: I exaggerated. But STILL, I was so elated that he had even acknowledged I was alive!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

I have a copy and I am aware of why Ishmael will ultimately recognize his true messiah. Ishmael is the last brother to join the twelve.

If you are using Ishmael to symbolize Islam, then Ishmael has recognized the true Messiah. Jesus.
Jesus is the messiah in Islam there is no other.

The rest of your post seems very cryptic to me... and I can only respond cryptically.

Can you break it down to simpler, more objective points?

And what about my earlier point... about how the Koran cannot be satanic in origin because it preaches against Satan.... and Satan cannot drive out Satan?

Muhammad likely wrote down a message that was necessary for God's overall plan. Light is not seen. It can only reveal what it hits. Keep this in mind with any document you read. All words are mirrors that reveal what is in our own hearts.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft

I don’t really but into this theory…but according to the Edgar Cayce material/writings… Jesus and Adam were different incarnations of the same soul.

Which if true… then yes… I should bow before Adam!!!

But then again Cayce also said that Jesus was Enoch, Hermes, Melchizedek, Joseph, Joshua, Asaph, Jeushua and Zend, in his past incarnations.

Source

- JC

Your are almost there.

1 Corinthians 10

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Don't stop with a limited number like 10. It's one loaf and we are many. The head is Christ. The heel on both ends is Christ. He crushes the head of Satan, which is a crown some wear. Who is the head of the church?

We willingly bow as Christians since we recognize our source. Satan refused to see what he didn't realize was there. Pride caused Him to question God. God knew the excluded middle. Faith allows us to see God's fruit and trust that the fruit is produced with righteousness that cannot fail the one who has faith. In other words, God is trustworthy. He says bow, we bow. The question we must all find is this: Is God worthy?

I say, "Of course He is." The fruit reveals the truth.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Why in the HELL do we have to bow to ANYONE???

No, I won't.
I was created, just like he was. (And here, I Edit To Add: I don't believe they existed, ever....but even if they did:

I did not contribute to the "fall of man"; if he and Eve screwed things up (by listening to a talking snake?) then it's on them. NOT ME. I was born female...am I to accept that I'm a filthy, vile human created in the image of God's fantasy of a non-male and an inherently evil specimen?)

I'm so ever-living tired of this "blame the descendants" thing. What rational and kind parent would continue to judge the umptizillionth generation just because of what some fable-people did?

It's ridiculous.

I'm sorry, Ed, but no matter how much I try to read and appreciate your posts and ideas, they seem really weird to me.

It is possible you define bow incorrectly.

Deference: Humble submission and respect.

Let me pose a situation to you. Suppose Michael Phelps offers to give you free swimming lessons right before you are thrown into a raging river. You have one hour to gain tips before the river floods. Would you show humble submission to him for that hour? Or, would you answer him with the answer you gave above?

Humility is opposite pride, as courage is opposite fear. We can fear and be afraid or we can fear God in humble submission. Bowing to fear is running away. Bowing to humble submission is running toward.

Do you see the difference? Remember, the one with all the power has all the fear. Which fear am I referring to?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Let me pose a situation to you. Suppose Michael Phelps offers to give you free swimming lessons right before you are thrown into a raging river. You have one hour to gain tips before the river floods. Would you show humble submission to him for that hour? Or, would you answer him with the answer you gave above?

I certainly wouldn't waste time on stroking his swollen ego. If such were the case, I'd throw him in and use his body as a flotation device instead.

Humility is opposite pride, as courage is opposite fear. We can fear and be afraid or we can fear God in humble submission. Bowing to fear is running away. Bowing to humble submission is running toward.

Humility is having a reason to be proud, but choosing to ignore it. What reason does your Bible give us to be proud? Degradation and debasement, all of it. We are born sinners, we are unworthy, we will never be close to the glory of "God". Forsake all hope, for it is worthless unless you sell your soul for his forgiveness, because he's holding his own designs against you, and he always will.

Reminds me of my buddy's father. Dear old daddy is in prison now, and will most likely die there.

Although it's rather interesting...you would think of humility was of such importance, this "God" would show us humility of his own. Surely someone with so much power and so much love would have that much more reason to be humble, if only to show us how it looks, how it affects people we interact with.

I don't see your "God" as humble. I see him as arrogant and overbearing, self-entitled and insecure. Most people who would be bowed to, if given the choice, would rather not be bowed to. They would rather be treated as an equal, because thrones often bestow the gift of isolation. You are special, you are separate, you are alone.

Is pride really worth that sort of fate?

Do you see the difference? Remember, the one with all the power has all the fear. Which fear am I referring to?

That would explain why he created hell. He wants an inescapable pit to throw us into if we decide to rebel against his tyranny. It explains his reign of terror - he wants us to believe we are weak, so we never realize we are strong.

edit on 19-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

It is possible you define bow incorrectly.

Deference: Humble submission and respect.

I've already explained how I address people who have my respect, and are more skillful than I am.

Let me pose a situation to you. Suppose Michael Phelps offers to give you free swimming lessons right before you are thrown into a raging river. You have one hour to gain tips before the river floods.

Fun analogy choice! Actually, I'm a very good swimmer. Earned my "life-saver"'s certificate at about age 15. So, I would tell Michael Phelps I'm good, but thanks. Go teach someone who has no swimming skill.

Would you show humble submission to him for that hour? Or, would you answer him with the answer you gave above?

If this person was actually teaching me something I was not already familiar with, sure, I would listen to him with my hand up in the front row!

Humility is opposite pride, as courage is opposite fear. We can fear and be afraid or we can fear God in humble submission.
Bowing to fear is running away. Bowing to humble submission is running toward.

FIVE! Five ... (6) uses of "fear" (ETA: SIX!) And 1 (one) "be afraid."

Do YOU see the warped mindset here?

Ed, I know your heart is sincere,....but.....
I'm not afraid......

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I have never equated love with fear, nor associated the two, and I never will. If I love someone, I will never use fear on them. I will never ask them to fear me. I have never asked anyone I love to fear me. And no one who has loved me has ever demanded that I fear them. My parents would never dream of asking me to bow to them or to fear them.

If you fear someone, that's not love. That's respecting their ability to pound you into the dirt if you piss them off. And as soon as they lose that capability, you would expect them to bow to you, because that's what they taught you to expect. That's why I don't see "God" as anything except a child on a power trip. I have no respect for such a being, because he clearly has no respect for his own creations. Otherwise, he would have stepped in a long time ago.

Will I bow to him or any of his representatives? No. Will I admire or love them? No. Will I demand an explanation? Hell yes. It's the least we deserve.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join