It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overlooked evidence in School shooting

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

Wow, what a dig for Day One. The connection is really
tight, and plausible. Thanks for that...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Carreau
The weapon in question is being reported as a SEMI-AUTO, not a full Auto. Lanza's mother would not be able to purchase a full auto weapon in CT without a special permit from the federal gov.

So in America, when you move to another state, are there checkpoints at state borders with guards ready to search your vehicles for guns legally bought elsewhere?

over $10.000 USD, 8 month waiting list/background check and requires a firearms dealers license... also the ban was enacted in 1986, none have been manufactured since that year except for the military.

education is always the key...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
in a shooting with confined spaces and many people, one would expect more injuries and less deaths than vice versa.

mass shootings almost always have significantly more injuries than deaths due to the percentage of the body that would constitute a kill is around 20% with a .223 caliber weapon. the head, and the heart.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
this article features a rather disturbing comment:

"People were shot at Aurora and the Gabrielle Giffords shootings, and nothing happened. Unfortunately, it seems to be only school shootings that inspire Americans,"

and in the article above, it mentions a shooting in stockton, california in 1989. 6 killed, 29 injured, however during the recent shooting there were only two injured with 27 killed, and the names of those injured are not being released. at first, the police reported only one injured.

The day began, just after 10 a.m. ET, with Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance telling reporters that most of the emerging evidence is "too difficult to discuss ... I'm not going to lie to you."

right. you're not going to lie, you just aren't going to tell us what happened.

i think that the shooting was done efficiently, then made to look sloppy. the only two witnesses are unnamed (hmm, seal team six was unnamed, then a bunch of them died in a helicopter crash, all also unnamed). unnamed witnesses have a habit of dying.

this increase in mass shootings isn't the product of a depraved society, but a corrupt government. they know things are going down hill, and martial law is much easier to enact if everyone is unarmed.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

its always refreshing to see some sanity in some of these threads. Its unbelievable how quickly people jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, almost like they have no ability to think critically for themselves. Some people call people who believe MSM stories and official gov stories ''sheeple'', well i can assure you there are plenty of conspiracy sheeple on here look at any thread and watch people formulate these grand conspiracy ideas based on nothing but their own ignorance and stupidity

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

The uncivil remarks and insults will end at this point. Any further T&C violations will be met with a posting ban of at least 72hrs pending a review of your account by staff.

No other warnings will be provided.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UkobachHasCome1
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

My man...you and ur wife are right on the money. Nancy Lanza was getting 280,000 a year for alimony from Peter Lanza . I could just imagine how much he loved paying her this. Very weird with the brothers I.d he said he hasn't talked to his brother in a few years and am just thinking the father def favored his brother over the loner with Asperger's syndrome..your onto something my friend

Another thing to question... since Peter Lanza was GE's Tax guy, who obviously would deal with the IRS, lobbyists and banks, I wonder if he had any upcoming legal suits, government inquiries or any general fudging of the books he may or may not have wanted to be associated with?

If I remember right the father of the kid that shot up Aurora in the Batman theatre deal, he was supposed to testify in a banking inquiry involving the banks, government and of course fraud.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ponder this.........We went from all the previous shootings.......totally debatable whether or not there were more than 1 shooter to this one.........when the objective was not achieved they moved on to younger children to get what they wanted, gun laws, drug money whatever. What is next? SERIOUSLY ?? Executing an infant ward at a friggin hospital? Holy crap I am just speechless.........

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I think it's the same marksman as the guy who set up martin bryant.

There is no way a dumb dumb could shoot with such proficiency in such a small space.

Smells of the government trying to take your guns away like they did here. Now it's illegal to have guns here.

You're next.

Calling anyone with mental issues a dumb dumb is insensitive. But to call someone a dumb dumb because they are autistic? Well that just shows your incompetence and proves who the dumb dumb really is.

And yes, I do understand the hypocricy of requesting sensitivity when talking about someone who potentially murdered children.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Illuminaughty8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

edit on 19-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Had you read the first paragraph of the OP you would know that I;m not screaming conspiracy, I'm suggesting that the known ballistic information tends to favor the idea that it was not fired in semi-automatic mode. I base this on the minimum number of hits person, if the shooter were to make a head shot first they wouldn't bother to waste any more shots on that person - there are too many other targets.

The autopsy technician said it was "the worst he'd ever seen". What would make for the "worst" kind of damage this man might have seen? How about multiple bursts of fire hitting within inches of each other instead of random single shots placed everywhere?
Yes, it's awful to contemplate considering it's kids but to get to the facts we have to see all the ugly details. When I posted this thread I had yet to hear anyone discussing this kind of evidence. That is why I put "overlooked" in the title.

I've been hunting for over 40 years and worked in the gun industry for 25, I know a little about guns and what kind of damage bullets can do.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtzmass shootings almost always have significantly more injuries than deaths due to the percentage of the body that would constitute a kill is around 20% with a .223 caliber weapon. the head, and the heart.

Shooting a bunch of people in one setting is not an easy task. So when we hear of a mass shooting event where the victims have all been shot in the head, or in the torso, it suggests a shooter with professional training. The same is true where there is a very high proportion of hits vs shots fired, or where witnesses noted military-style gun handling skills. The following examples do seem to fit this pattern:

12-6-89 Ecole Poytechnique, Montreal, Canada, Marc Lepine, 25
One student who saw the shooter later told the Gazette how the slight, young man seemed to have a real facility with his weapon. "He had his rifle in both hands, pointing up above his shoulder, like he could slip it down and fire real fast."

4-28-96 Port Arthur/Broad Arrow Cafe, Tasmania, Australia, Martin Bryant, 28
In less than a minute 20 people lay dead, 19 of them killed with single shots to the head, fired from the right hip of the fast-moving shooter. The awesome display of combat marksmanship was blamed on intellectually impaired Martin Bryant

4-26-02 Gutenbourg Gymnasium, Erfurt, Germany, Robert Steinhauser, 19
Steinhauser killed 16 people with 40 shots.

10-2-06 Nickel Mines/Amish schoolhouse massacre, Charles C. Roberts IV, 32
The coroner said Roberts shot his victims in the head at close range.

2-12-07 SLC Trolley Square massacre, Sulejman Talovic, 18
One eyewitness said he obseved Talovic reload while leaving a round in the chamber, thus leaving himself covered in case anybody tried to jump him, a technique a professional would employ.

4-16-07 Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, Cho Seung Hui, 23
--135-odd hits for 174 rounds fired is an astoundingly high percentage
--Deacon Ellerbrock said recalling the awe that struck him in the first minutes afterward as he stood on the lawn of the classroom building where the massacre took place. "It's beyond comprehension how one person could kill so many with just two guns."
--(wounded victim)Deerek O'Dell: 'He was very quick in reloading, so it looked like he'd been trained."

11-7-07 Jokela High School, Tusuula, Finland, Pekka Auvinen, 17
The victims were shot in the head or the upper body - some only a few times, others almost 20...

12-4-07 Omaha/Westroads Mall, Robert Hawkins, 21
"He had the gun up to his cheek and was shooting in rapid succession doing quick maneuvers with the gun. At first, it went through my mind that this guy was some sort of military..."
--"...the shooter made head shots with his rifle on the move at 55 yards, made kill shots from the 3rd level to the first and second levels, and shows that he was tactically proficient with his weapon system."

12-9-07 YWAM/New Life Church, CO, Matt Murray, 24
Harris said he saw the gunman. "I was in the military for about three years, and the way he was holding the rifle looked just like the way we were taught to when I was in the military."

3-11-09 Winnenden/Albertville-Realschule, Germany, Tim Kretschmer, 17
Most victims had single gunshot wounds to the head.

4-30-09 State Oil Academy, Baku, Azerbaijan, Farda Gadirov, 29,
--Six wounded people are in hard conditions, hospital sources said. They all were shot in head.
--Azeri military expert Uzeyir Jafarov said it is quite obscure to him (how) the inexperienced assailant could kill and injure so many persons with a Makarov pistol.

8-3-09 LA Fitness Club Shooting, Pittbsurgh, PA, George Sodini, 48
Many of the wounded were shot multiple times, which probably means the three dead were also shot more than once.

1-12-10 UofA/Huntsville, Amy Bishop, 44
All of the dead and 1 of the wounded sustained headshots. One wounded had multiple shots to the torso, and the last was only lightly wounded.

-----------

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You can't buy a fully auto weapon in any of the 50 States without a FFL or special permit. That gun used is legal in all 50 States. Do you even know what you are talking about?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Answer

mommy was on an allowance. alimony was only $250K/yr. with that kind of cash, cl3, no problem

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

A monumental astute observation my dear Watson.......

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Had you read the first paragraph of the OP you would know that I;m not screaming conspiracy, I'm suggesting that the known ballistic information tends to favor the idea that it was not fired in semi-automatic mode.

fair enough, maybe I lumped you in a little to quickly with some of the other nuts in this thread. I read through 8 or nine pages of this thread before I posted and started to see the most outlandish ridiculous theories. OK so suppose they find out he wasn't using an automatic weapon....what does that tell you?

The autopsy technician said it was "the worst he'd ever seen". What would make for the "worst" kind of damage this man might have seen?

The fact that it is 20 children would probably do it for any autopsy technician outside of Afghanistan. The quote, how it's displayed here anyway, is blatantly being taken out of context by you.

I've been hunting for over 40 years and worked in the gun industry for 25, I know a little about guns and what kind of damage bullets can do.

Better than nothing, but how many years in forensics?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

I heard parents talking about going to the school to make gingerbread houses and they talked as if this was an activity for much later in the day.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Had you read the first paragraph of the OP you would know that I;m not screaming conspiracy, I'm suggesting that the known ballistic information tends to favor the idea that it was not fired in semi-automatic mode. I base this on the minimum number of hits person, if the shooter were to make a head shot first they wouldn't bother to waste any more shots on that person - there are too many other targets.

The autopsy technician said it was "the worst he'd ever seen". What would make for the "worst" kind of damage this man might have seen? How about multiple bursts of fire hitting within inches of each other instead of random single shots placed everywhere?
Yes, it's awful to contemplate considering it's kids but to get to the facts we have to see all the ugly details. When I posted this thread I had yet to hear anyone discussing this kind of evidence. That is why I put "overlooked" in the title.

Yet you argue that more than 1 shot to moms head means it must have been an fully automatic weapon used? While I think this is a good thread and asking important questions, I just don't follow this logic at all. I don't have experience with full auto rifles, and assume you don't either or you would have told us, but I think based on knowledge I do have that your arguments are backward and these things would make it more likely semi automatic weapons were used.

I won't comment further on your supposition on moms death because I think it's baseless, but from what I understand full auto Carbines can dump 30 rounds in 3 or 4 seconds and are quite difficult to control, respective to experience. We could really use more info on distances and such but for now I can see those deaths going either way because I admit I don't have experience with full auto rifles.

This was a long winded way of saying I totally disagree with the assertion regarding mom being shot more than once being indicative of anything as far as rate of fire used.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
The mom was nice, but NEVER talked about her kids or home life. Ever.

However mom told babysitters when he was 11 do not take your eyes off him even for a second, dont even go to the bathroom while you are watching my son. He was kicked out of many schools too.

Do you have sources for these claims?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Teacher's car was riddled with bullets?

Lauren, 30, started working at Sandy Hook Elementary School as a substitute teacher just six weeks ago. Her mother was stunned when lone gunman Adam Lanza, 20, turned the school into an unimaginable crime scene.

According to Rousseau, the slain teacher’s 2004 Honda Civic — parked outside the school — was riddled with bullets when authorities removed the vehicle.

www.nydailynews.com...

Where do bullet holes in a car come in to the story?

Eta: Sputnitksteve noted in another thread that the gun they filmed removing from the black honda trunk was a Saiga Shotgun which was NOT listed by the police as a weapon registered to her.www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added link

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join