It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ke$ha was forced to sing and release "Die Young"?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

It was most likely the producer that her record label hired. They hire a producer to choose songs for artists like Kesha. She doesn't write most or any of her music, she can't play an instrument, and really can't sing. So, they hire somebody to make sure that she has songs picked that she can deliver and people will buy. Artists like Kesha actually take a metric ton of work to make "commercially viable." Unfortunately artists are rarely ever picked based on actual talent these days.

The producer most likely said, "look we're cutting eighteen tracks for this album. We're not using them all, but we're going to make sure we have enough. Just sing this one, it probably won't make the album. The guys at the label think it will be huge though. A&R loves it and they think it'll make us all huge. So, sing it and I'll do my best to make sure it isn't on there."

I've seen it happen. It isn't the illuminati coming down from on high to force a song on kids. The producer thought that based on the current market it would sell. So, he said what it took to get her to sing it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
At first, I thought, "That's a little weird. Why would someone force her to record a song? Then I found out the name of her just-released album was Warrior and decided to listen to it.

This album has WAY too many references to the massacre, and it is obvious that the label/producer/whoever "forced" her to knew something about this event before it occurred:

From "Warrior":

We were born to break the doors down
Fightin' till the end
It's something that's inside of us
It's how we've always been
Warrior-ior-ior
Warrior-ior
Warrior-ior-ior
Warrior-ior

We are the misfits
We are the bad kids
The degenerates
We ain't perfect but that's alright
Love us or hate us
Nothin' can break us
Better believe us
Times, they are changing tonight
Shoot the lights out with a machine gun
Think it's time for a revolution

From "Die Young":

Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young

We're gonna die young
We're gonna die young

From "Crazy Kids":

Tonight we do it big, and shine like stars
We don't give a # cause that's just who we are
And we are, we are we are, we are we are
The crazy kids, them crazy, them crazy kids
And we are, we are we are, we are we are
The crazy kids [/quote

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
The entertainment industry is only about money. It will use any shocking symbology to generate interest to an increasingly jaded audience. The Illuminati themed content is just part of the package used to sell the product.

Ever stop to consider what the artist that really create this crap do in their spare time?

If you want something different; then start your own production company and change what you deem unworthy.

The digital age has changed everything. Use your imagination, your computer and create what you think people want. Put on a pair of Red Socks, Get to work and stop whining.

This is the program I use.

www.celtx.com...
edit on 18-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

F

Wow dude. So let me get this straight. Because the internet can be used to gather resources and information that could have an illuminati/occult/ elephant-conservation theme then this means that there is no Alternative Agenda in Hollywood and the films directors and writers create?
I understand your angle. Roland Emmerich specifically mentioned internet research as the basis for his 2012 movie. It doesn't mean the movie was revealing a 2012 plot or secret. It COULD, but we have no real way of knowing unless we have sufficient evidence. I know of no sufficient evidence for either way other than the cognitive tricks we all use to maintain our position on a given subject.

Please explain to me how this proves that there is no agenda?

I've used Media100 and Final Cut and Avid and Vegas. Editing was my hobby and at one point was my chosen career path. You are correct in that not everything has an alterior motive, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"...but you are essentially trying to prove a negative here. Watch the video, you should be able to catch all the symbolism if your craft truly is Film writing. Does it mean that there is an illuminati agenda? No, and even if there was they wouldn't directly state it in order to preserve their plans. But it doesn't mean that there Isn't an agenda.

The presence of the symbolism can mean 3 things.

There is an occult/illuminati agenda, they are making their presence known but are keeping their true plans and motives hidden.

As i believe you are suggesting, They are just using symbolism as a marketing strategy. Look towards the industries that have sprung up around religious symbols and iconography. Dan brown wrote an entire series of books that plays off of peoples fascinations with the subject matter.

There IS an agenda and they ARE transmitting subliminal messages to people so as to encourage the behavior they wish to see in society. Look at how many people were quoting " i'm rick james bitch" line from Chappelles Show. How often do people mirror the behavior or interests of celebrities? You have metal-heads like me who studied Lovecraft merely because Metallica wrote two songs about his stories. You have people who use films such as The Hurt Locker or Super Size me as the basis for their reasoning behind their positions on War and Corporate philosophy. How many people bought into the new-age movement because of Shirley McClane?

Is it really that much of a stretch to think that Media that portrays certain symbols and behavior wouldn't be purposefully dispersed for the sake of influencing public thought and behavior?
edit on 20-12-2012 by DeathShield because: Fixed a couple of errors. Back-tracking becaus i am wild illuminati shill/ frightened individula. NIBIRU! ALIENS, REPTILLIJEWS!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The entertainment industry has been long corrupted and controlled by evil, dark entities, you might call them satanic, but they are more 4th dimensional, reptoid alien variety. Check out the satanic, evil crap on the "Voice" for example. Who would take music for example and make a competition out of it? How do you make an art form competitive? Who would do such a thing? An evil f$cking a$$hole that's who! Check out the last episode of the Voice. Why is everyone dressed in black or black and red? IMHO music has really gone down the toilette, MP-3's only deliver 5% of the data that vinyl use to. Kesha sold her soul and so did the rest of them, seriously check out this sh$t....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
wow - its amazing that one tweet has generated such an outpouring of unevidenced speculation

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
the best part of this whole keysha thing is her video is 3mins 33seconds long

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buckrogerstime

I am not saying you are wrong, but i believe you are neglecting to take something into account.

You have to keep in mind here that Rebellion itself has been successfully marketed to youth since the 1950's. Remmeber Rebel Without A Cause? A cinema classic and also a marker of where mainstream society was heading. I suppose the attitude itself goes back to Jazz and Blues which in mainstream american society was considered "devils music" for one reason or another. Even Hitler considered jazz to be a threat to society. This would eventually lead to the whole counter culture movement in the 1960's which was spearheaded on a public level by The Beatles and Singer-songwriters like Dylan and Neil young. This gave rise to Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Punk and electronica, which tied in with other cultural and artistic movements. These art-forms would eventually be Adopted into the public conciousness via Synth-pop, Hair-metal and then in the 90's Pop-punk and Ska. This would progress eventually into the whole Emo/screamo, Indie/Hipster movement. You had a resurgence in popularity of the music of the 60's and 70's. AC/DC, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, They all had marketing empires in the early 2000's.

Basically, the trend became to be Anti-trend. There was a focus on "being yourself" and freedom of expression under the guise that it was achievable by purchasing products, movies and music that expressed ones position in society. I remember in the 1990's Disney released a PSA that explicitly stated " great mind think for themselves" and in every kids show you had the theme of "Believe in yourself." We had buzzwords and phrases that encouraged us to "think outside the box" which in turn was tied with the whole " cool to be anti-cool" attitude. This was best exemplified by the whole Marilyn Manson controversy when kids started labeling themselves and eachother as Goths or Preps. They would use both terms in a pejorative manner. I myself am living proof of this concept in work, But one day i realized i was just shunning one form of conformity for another.

So ultimately, while what you are seeing could be viewed as an illuminati plot (and i can't prove or disprove that mind you) we could also just assume that it is the same old " it is cool to be an individual" mentality that Media Corporations have been feeding us for decades now.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
wow - its amazing that one tweet has generated such an outpouring of unevidenced speculation

It isn't the tweet alone dude.

I think it has more to do with the copious amounts of symbolism that is associated with the Masons, Illuminati and other occult groups. I'm not saying these groups have anything to do with the video, but the symbolism is there. Does it mean that there is a hidden message? Well, we really can't know unless one of these groups outright says so. And if they deny it then it is to be expected because if there was an agenda that could be sinister then they wouldn't explicitly state it and they would actively deny it. I think it is myopic to state that it is one or the other honestly.

Secret societies are tricky in general. There is more uncertainty than certainty on the subject, so perhaps the best thing to do is to recognize that any and all evidence is speculative at best and inconclusive. Perhaps skepticism in claims for and against is what is in order. Unfortunately people have come to associate Skepticism with Nay-saying. You can thank people like James Randi and Michael Shermer for that. It makes it hard for skeptics such as myself who are willing to question the official and unofficial lines of reasoning. It makes it hard to practice humility.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Yeah - I've got to agree the record company. They probably said, it will make money and you are going to sing it or we'll find someone else who will.

There is an endless line of people who would gladly sing whatever is put in front them for a recording contract.

LIKE ME!!! I'd do it, of course they'd have to autotune me, but whatever, Ke$ha's autotuned anyway

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

before it is yanked off youtube...

now if it was pulled because of her lack of ability I could see

You can make your own mind up

Shows how much I know about the world, I thought she was black....

2nd line..

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is timely. A friend posted this to FB just now.

The WD logo may be a bit of a stretch but the Illuminati symbolism is all so strangely placed:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RivingtonRebel

This song has nothing to do with little children dying and I am sure I can actually find 50 rap songs that would more fit this tragedy then this terrible song.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
maybe her t\weet is taken out of context. has she sung or preformed the song anywere recently? if she has, shes probably saying that was a song she didnt want to sing but the record executives made her do it regardless

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Who smells a drug overdose I know I do and they will say maybe her song was a foreshadow of what was to come with the rest of her life. [end tab cynicism]

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by iwilliam

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits
reply to post by resoe26

Definitely can see some resemblance. Good looks on the recommendation. Killuminati is an ill song, as is Righteous Minds. Honestly though the whole mixtape 1999 is dope.

Damn right homeboy.
Check out ASAP Rocky too.

If you can find it... check out the ASAP freestyle (the video is shot up in some lazer tag room)

A$AP Rocky? Are you serious?

Sounds like dude stole his name.

From this guy:

Aesop Rock

No he is well aware of Aesop Rock. I think he chose the name as a tribute actually. I don't know, I just dig some of his music. Aesop Rock too.

his whole crew has asap in their name, his real name is rakim named after the legendary emcee, he became asap rocky.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
That kesha video is ridiculous though. It's just hard to take serious. To me it reeks of phony. it's soooo forced and over the top, as if they thought "hey guys, Illuminati is a hot topic, lets use it to get views" I think secrets done so blatantly public must be meet with skepticism, and that one is at the in your face level of cheesy. Maybe Illuminati really is behind some artists music, but ke$sha's video comes across as attention whoring or trolling at best. It's trashy.

There is no shadowy force behind it either, just a record label, they are infamous for making artists their slaves. Look up how Lupe FIasco trashed his own lasers album because the label gave him pre-made songs and told him to rap on them. They have millions invested into artists, and expect returns. if they tell you to do something with their money it's hard to say no.
edit on 20-12-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
reply to post by RivingtonRebel

This song has nothing to do with little children dying and I am sure I can actually find 50 rap songs that would more fit this tragedy then this terrible song.

Give it a shot. As a life long hip hop fan I can't think of anywhere near 50 that encourage killing kids. If there is 50 it's from gimmick shock rappers like Bizzare or Brotha Lynch during his eating guts days, but honestly every genre has their artists who try to get famous saying outrageous things.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Mahatche, great posts. Rap music is not about killing kids. I can't think of on song about that topic. The Die Young video is so over the top Illuminati that it seems fake. Her hand gestures and pyramids and the eye/hand thing is so overt that it doesn't seem to fit the profile.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by asinapi1

Rap music is just about ego money and power...wait that is what those pesky secret societies are all about too !!

And correct me if i'm wrong, but pretty much most rap songs are about killing...taking people down..blowing away everyone who gets in their way.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParasuvO
reply to post by asinapi1

Rap music is just about ego money and power...wait that is what those pesky secret societies are all about too !!

And correct me if i'm wrong, but pretty much most rap songs are about killing...taking people down..blowing away everyone who gets in their way.

yep you are wrong. Most rap songs they talk about in the media are about that, and that's the image people who don't listen have. That's the part of hip hop that's easy to sensationalize, but the gangsta rap era for the most part dead. Even then there was plenty of others artists like De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest and Leaders of The New School who made fun music.

I've been listening to hip hop for nearly 30 years, my collection is huge, but If I include all the albums I brought during the gangsta rap era i'd still say the percentage of songs I listen to that make up that type of content are in the 20% MAYBE 30%

Many of them are socially conscious thoughtful songs. some are egotistical but not about money, they are egotistical about their ability as a rappers, but hip hop was born on dj and rappers battling so that's only natural. Many rap about the street life, but not all of the are glorifying it, they are warning people and reporting on reality of their environment. anyone who says "hip hop is mostly" doesn't know hip hop. hip hop is diverse.

This is the type of hip hop that makes up the majority of my collection. Please give these a listen. These aren't rare examples either, I could go on forever.

Or there's a lot of hip hop like this, where emcees just show off their skills with rhyme patterns, punchlines, metaphors, similes, and wordplay to stake their claim as the best rapper. Some of the content may be "inappropriate" but that's also part of getting the reaction out of people like "yea I went there"

Some are story tracks

Sometimes rappers get creative and rap from different perspectives like imagining they are fetuses

Sometimes they rap about vats of urine.

Sometimes they rap about picking boogers

Sometimes they do alphabet aerobics

I could go on and on, but i realize this post is getting very long so I'll stop.
edit on 21-12-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join