It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Resistance is not an Army.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
One of the biggest pre-conceived notions of the 2nd lately has been this 'showdown' between the Government and Militias/Citizens.

The point I heard that made me want to create this thread was;
"you have a semi-auto AK against the Apache on the other side of the hill"

I wish to postulate a more sensible approach. The resistance is not an Army.

You will not fight for your gun rights like an Army.

No, the 'resistance' in my eyes, should be a Counter-intelligence like agency.

Counterintelligence or counter-intelligence (CI) refers to efforts made by intelligence organizations to prevent hostile or enemy intelligence organizations from successfully gathering and collecting intelligence against them

I made this point twice which fell on deaf ears, because of the louder obnoxious jokers.

In asymmetric warfare you do not fight a standing army. You study it.
You find it's weaknesses and prod it until you receive the desired effect.

You guys are making this fight more impossible then it needs to be.
It needs to be up close and personal.

By going the military route, it becomes impersonal and you open yourself up for the Apache option.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Any insurgency in its beginning stages is an illustration of Darwinism in action.

The dumb and ineffective ones get chewed up first and it is through their example that others increase their effectiveness and nut out their operating tactics and techniques. It's a brutal and merciless business, but that's how it is and how it's always been.

Next time you hear some keyboard commando talking about donning "full battle rattle" and open carrying his M4gery when "SHTF" so he can open a can of whup ass on the bad guys, smile and be grateful, because there's a Patriot who's going to act as an example of WHAT NOT TO DO for the real Resistance if and when the time comes.

Sometimes a person's life purpose is to fail spectacularly to act as a warning for others.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The second amendment is not made for an armed revolution. It is made for the state to be able to have its own armed forces, in the form of militias. The people can form militias as well.

The second amendment does provide the ability for an average person to be conscripted rather quickly into a standing army, or be deputized in an emergency. It is for this reason that we have the RESPONSIBILITY to be trained and equipped to some degree.

BUT

Primarily the second is there for OUR personal protection. It is simply a mirror of every state constitution that already has those provisions in very clear wording. Even without it, our individual state' s constitutions override the contractual constitution that establishes the federal government. There is actually nothing the federal government can do about the issue.

We don't need a violent armed revolt. We need more educated free thinkers to live independently and promote logic and reason over passions fueled by social programming.

edit on 19-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Terms and Conditions of Use

15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

edit on 19/12/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

top topics

join