It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retailers start to pull some rifles from shelves

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
People shouldn't have to buy guns, we should be given them for free when we reach a certain age...so that we can protect ourselves...from the government.

Not really, this is great news.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just wanted to repeat what another poster said a page or so back. RGuns website is up, and the message on their site is as follows;

Extended Shipping Times As a result of the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, misguided politicians are seeking to pass legislation to take away the rights of honest, hard working Americans. As a result, we are overloaded with orders. We make the pledge not to price gouge like others in the market. However, we are three to five days behind in shipping due to the unprecedented volume. Rest assured that, unless you hear otherwise from us, your order will be filled. Please be patient, we are shipping as fast as possible. Many thanks.

Respect to RGuns.

Of course, as I'm not an American nor allowed to own guns (because contrary to what my profile says, I do not currently live in Springfield, Mo, though I plan to move there when I marry my girlfriend), and hadn't heard of RGuns or any of the other stores mentioned in this thread before reading said thread. But most of them seem to pull the guns to up the cost. So respect to those who do not.

Personally I'd wait with buying guns. The price will prolly go up, but I'm sure it'll go back down again in a year or so.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You know...when you think about it, none of it makes much sense.

On the one hand we come on ATS and read that the government want to take our liberties, leave us helpless so they can...what? I dunno, kill us all? What?

We yarn tales about how they spin and misdirect, control and manipulate us.

Nah, we shouldn't trust 'em...they want us dead - they wanna take our guns away...they gave you the fdamn things in the first place. I think they WANT you to have guns, maybe they want us to kill one another...it's all about fighting back against the biiig baaad government, why don't they manipulate you into using the guns they give you so that you all kill each other?

None of it makes any sense, it's pathetic, really. So a few politicians wanna ban 'em...do they all want to ban guns? Maybe they want people to have guns, but are tricking us into thinking they want to take them away? Awake my sweet backside...

Think on, they're driving yet another wedge through us...we ain't awake any more than the so-called sheeple sitting watching their televisions.

The government only want what's bad for us...except the guns thing - that's different, yeah. Everything they do, cctv, fluoride in water...it's all terrible, but they're right to give us all guns...so that we can protect ourselves when they come to kill us - with their tanks, nukes, and god knows what the hell else they have at their disposal - it all makes perfect sense.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
To follow up on the point I just made...take the NRA, you've got guys like Charlton Heston, Chuck Norris...much loved, macho kinda movie stars...hang on, don't the government use movies to control and manipulate us? I'm sure I read that somewhere, oh yeah - was on ATS.

Why are these guys advocating the use of guns...on film, acting like some cowboy from some crap movie, stirring up emotion with the "cold dead hands" speech - very patriotic, admirable, like dirty harry or something. Man, what a cool customer.

Yeah, that's spot on that is. Everyone who owns a gun because they fear the government is gonna do them in, I want you to imagine that scenario...for real.

Sit back, imagine how it would go....if you invisage something like... a team of highly trained, kitted out professionals in flak jackets, armed with the latest assault rifles surround your house...and you come running out with a couple of pistols, kill all but one who lays on the ground, injured - and you calmly walk over, like a cowboy stand over that one remaining soldier and say "I know what you're thinking, punk..." - then you need to lay off the hollywood bull**** and get real for a minute.

The government don't need you to lose your guns to steal your liberties - they've been doing that for YEARS, have they not? They've been giving you guns for years, also. Who better to promote gun ownership than popular, much loved heroes from our favourite movies? That ain't manipulation, is it?

I bet that if the government sent round armed men to every house in the USA and stole your liberties blatantly - let's pick a random scenario - imagine they came round and said don't you leave the house after 10pm and you can't go out any earlier than 7am...forever, and you had a gun...you'd do - nothing, the odd few might...but the majority would fail to live up to their dirty harry-like aspirations and simply conform, under protest...maybe get arrested for being mouthy about it...I bet few gun owners would immediately go for their guns and teke them out. No doubt Heston would, he was in the military when he was a young man, wasn't he?

Oh my...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69

Originally posted by kingmonkey
Couple of questions to gun owners, supporters of the 2nd amendment......

Firstly, I am completely against guns in all forms. However, I understand anger at possible challenges to your constitutional rights - that I can understand.

What I don't understand is the need for certain types of weapons.

What if a ban was implemented on assault weapons but you were still allowed to purchased all kinds of hand guns and genuine hunting rifles.......would you be happy or not?

If not, my second question would be, why not? Do you feel that the 2nd amendment should entitle you to legally own ANY type of weapon?

An earlier post referred to a guy in a gun shop buying 3 'AR15' rifles - to my untrained eye having googled it these look like what I'd call a machine gun.........why do you need or want that, is it for fun or purely for home defence, or something else?

When they come for your freedom of speech instead of being able to defend that right, I will just have to say " Oh, you don't need to talk "
Again you are talking from ignorance or you have a list of talking points, There is a big difference between a "machine gun" and an AR-15. I enjoy competitive shooting, with that said Would you like it if I wanted to ban what you like to do? One day you wake up and are now a criminal because you own a bicycle ( cause bicycles have killed people young and old) and enjoy riding it?
We use these rifles for hunting, enjoyment of shooting and home defense. When confronted with and enemy/ villian Do you want a fair fight or would you prefer having the odds stacked in your favor?
I have a right to bear arms not purchase and put in a safe unloaded, but the right to bear. That is the right to carry anyway I deem necessary to keep my Family, Friends ,and country safe from evil. If that is the Ar-15 then so be it, it is my right!!!
It is your right to holler and scream of how you disapprove of this right but that does not change the fact that it is my right to own that firearm.
I expect you to stand up for your rights so help us stand up for ours, because if you wait until they come after your rights you will stand alone when they do!

You're not really comparing like for like so its a mute point. Some disgruntled random cannot pick up a bicycle and decide he's going to kill a number of people. I take the point about certain 'rights' being taken away and understand how that would make people angry however we are talking about something that seems to be a big part of an ongoing problem in the US.

I am completely ignorant about guns, hence the admission and the question to ATS members. I chose the AR-15 at random as it was mentioned at the beginning of the thread. To my ignorant eye it doesn't look like the type of gun I'd normally associate with shooting deer. But I'm sure you get my point, there are some guns currently legal in the US which could surely not be considered a sport/hunting weapon? So are they necessary? At what point do you say 'I've seen enough of these spree killings, it's not worth having these around for my sport' ??

Or will that always be unacceptable?

Anyway, thanks for the response.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is just an example of the major misunderstanding.

edit on 19-12-2012 by westlynx because: Fixed

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kingmonkey

Rights have nothing to do with what is necessary.
i dont have to give anyone a reason or a purpose for why I would post my thoughts on a website or otherwise utilize my right to free speach.
I dont have to give anyone a reason or explain why my privacy is my right.
A women does not have to give anyone a reason why she wants to have an abortion or why she would want that information kept private.

I dont need a reason to exercise my rights.
My 2nd amendment rights are NOT about hunting or sport.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by westlynx
This is just an example of the major misunderstanding.

edit on 19-12-2012 by westlynx because: Wrong picture

I get it but there is a mistake on that picture.
The second rifle is not a "7.72 Nato" In fact there is no such thing as a 7.72 NATO.
There is a such thing as a 7.62 NATO but that gun does not fire that caliber. Its could be a 5.56mm judging by the magazine but it could also be a .223 or even a .300 Blackout since they all use the same mag.

Picking at nits i know.... just sayin.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yea, I caught that as I was editing it. But the idea is still the same.
And I will correct my mistype because I know better lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

CREEPY AS HELL!
When a set factions response to a massacre is a rush out to own more gunssssss!!!
WTF, did you just realize there are crazier people than yourself out there???

Welcome to the 'straights' complaints... have ya'll lost your damn minds???

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What happened to reasonable force, anyway? I mean, unarmed people get shot, don't they? If two people get into a fight, and one is armed - he'll probably pull the gun and fire - more so if his opponent is beating him, survival of the fittest...he who hath the trigger-finger of might.

Knives are just as bad, but you can still use them in a civillised manner, sit down for a steak and that. You can do practical, really useful things with knives...can't do anything useful with a gun, except maybe shoot out locks or something, nothing a key or lockpick can't handle. I'd want a gun if I could use it for something worthy, like a drill or hammer - both of which would make ideal weapons if you're in a psychotic mood.

I'd sooner face a maniacwith a knife, or with a drill, or hammer...or both, distance being my weapon of choice....if he catches me I'll do what I have to...it's unlikely to happen, really...I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Giving people easy access to these contraptions and expecting them all to play nice and not infringe on one anothers liberties like good little boys is like handing a group of hyperactive infants a load on felt pens after having decorated your house, and telling them not to run about screaming and drawing on the walls.
edit on 19-12-2012 by samerulesapply because: Fixes

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Academy sports took all of the AR-15's off the shelf . My friend has a gun-shop , he said the last couple of days one website sold over 14000 magazines. Most of the websites crashed because everybody is browsing it, and people buying crazy . Lot's of sites out of ammo as well. When he called in today to sell one pistol , he had to wait like 15 minutes, and got disconnected couple times because too many ffl dealer calling in for registration.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01

Rights have nothing to do with what is necessary.
i dont have to give anyone a reason or a purpose for why I would post my thoughts on a website or otherwise utilize my right to free speach.
I dont have to give anyone a reason or explain why my privacy is my right.
A women does not have to give anyone a reason why she wants to have an abortion or why she would want that information kept private.

I dont need a reason to exercise my rights.
My 2nd amendment rights are NOT about hunting or sport.

It is necessary for you to own guns?

Why?

Feel free not to give a reason, but it is a discussion site.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

Originally posted by pheonix358

I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

Defending yourself from a tyrannical government!

P

Maybe, but I have a hard time believing that everyone who owns one only has one so they can protect themselves from the government.

I want to first address the first thing you asked, then get around to this.

It seems the media, and people in general like being scared and getting fearful from BIG scary words like "Semi-automatic". The key word here is SEMI automatic. Why is this key? Because there is no burst, no multi-round ejection, single-shot-at-a-time. It's simply semi-automatic as you dont have to cock a hammer or engage a bolt. There is a Long-rifle company (in case you dont know) called Marlin that makes a .22 Long-rifle rim fire weapon that is also semi-automatic, but you dont see images in the media of THOSE types of firearms, they arent scary enough; in fact you get to see images of the CIVILIAN version of the M4 or M16 called the AR-15, which uses the same rounds (called .223 in the civilian world and 5.56 in the military world) which are ALSO .22 caliber rounds. The big difference with those are, they are center fire and pack a bit more of muzzle velocity.

For your comparison i'm going to link 2 images....both semi-automatic, both capable of only firing at roughly the same speed. You tell me which you believe is scarier:

Marlin .22 Long Rifle Semi-automatic:

Or the Bushmaster Ar-15 CIVILIAN Semi-Automatic:

One looks like a BB gun, the Other like Al-Quaida prevention. Don't be fooled by semantics. Firearms are only as dangerous as the people wielding them.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Thank you! this is the kind of reply I was waiting for! Star for you

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I dont have a problem telling you my point was I dont HAVE to.
I own guns for protection

I carry on a daily basis. I own a number of rifles and shotguns. I own several guns that I use to teach others how to shoot. I am a certified rifle instructor.

I am not a hunter although I do not have a problem with hunting, my guns are for shooting people.
Thats a little crass but its fact. I train to use them and I challenge myself to get better and better in that training.
I am attending 4 or more defensive pistol classes a year and instructing about the same number of classes for basic rifle a year.

I gain satisfaction from knowing that I can protect my family and my property from those who wish us harm. I do not have to wait for someone else to save me.
There is a competative aspect to it as well, I want to shoot better than the guy next to me or my friends who also attend the range or a class.

EDIT**
I deem it necessary for me to be able to protect my own and not have to wait for help to arrive
edit on 19-12-2012 by Dragoon01 because: additional material

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The shootings that happened recently and over the years are a true tragedy. No question.
I say this with total respect for the families, the victims and their loved ones.

Selling guns over the counter should be regulated well. No question about it, but banning guns all together is not a solution. Before you judge me, allow me to explain my views.

1. There are plenty of ways to kill. Guns are one of them. A killer will not stop just because he hasn't access to a gun. Remember the UnaBomber? Plenty of examples.
  2. By taking away guns, you are sending a message to the entire population saying that they are in fact too stupid to act responsibly.
  3. Last, but not least, people are entitled to the means to defend themselves and their loved ones. They also entitled to defend themselves against a corrupt government. Something which will be impossible if the 2nd amendment were to be abolished.

What they really are after is to prevent this:

All men are created equal and there are certain unalienable rights that governments should never violate. These rights include the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. When a government fails to protect those rights, it is not only the right, but also the duty of the people to overthrow that government. In its place, the people should establish a government that is designed to protect those rights.

US Declaration of Independence, 1776

They are misusing these tragedies to their advantage. Disarm the population and you will meet no resistance whatsoever when the # hits the fan.

In society, you will always have violence. This is unfortunate. I don't advocate violence or hatred of any kind. But we should question what creates individuals like this in the first place.

Taking away guns in the heat of the moment might be a popular move, but what if you find yourself in a situation where you need to defend your life or that of your loved ones? The attackers probably will have guns.

There is not black or while solution. There are only shades of grey.

edit on 19-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhereIsTheBatman

Very well said. I applaude you, man.

And as a bonus, I also starred your post.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

Defending yourself from a tyrannical government!

P

Damn right. The second amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting or anything else some ignorant gun owners claim. Most gun owners, like most non-gun owners, are total idiots.

The second amendment was a historical version of the modern arms race. Sure, they didn't have the weapons we have today, and some idiots will tell you they wrote that because it was all slow load muskets and crap back then.....but that had nothing to do with it. They wanted the people to have enough and equal arms to defend and/or overthrow the government if it came to it. And the government would know that.....so they would stay in line. Equally ensured destruction. The physical embodiment of our legislative checks and balances, to ensure not one side gets all the power. There are three branches of government. Split powers. Better system of ensuring that they run things right (and it lasted a while at least, but humans are not yet ready for freedom, they are too stupid). And then there are the 2 branches of America. The government and the people. And as long as the people hold enough power in their hands, equal to or the same as the government, well...things would keep running smooth now wont they?

How hard is it for the average simpleton to understand this? Face it folks, guns are here and no written law is going to stop someone from shooting you in the face. The only thing to do is require everyone, by law, to carry a gun at all times.....with some exceptions that I wont go into.

Put your common sense caps back on people. Hunting....what a MORONIC thing to say concerning the 2nd amendment.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Recreation and sport.

As a law abiding citizen, I bristle at the thought of not having the freedom to participate in a sport in which people are not harmed.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join