It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retailers start to pull some rifles from shelves

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

Video games have nothing to do with this, it's all about guns being widely available in the United States.

Really?

America was awash in guns long before video games came to be.

If we're drawing juvenile correlations, which I assume we are given your "widely available" comment then what does guns being widely available before video games and no mass shootings compared to guns being available after video games and more mass shootings say?

Im beginning think you video game apologists are just bitter clingers.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Dick's sporting goods sucks as a place to buy guns so let them pull their overpriced nonsense.

Their selection sucks and their prices suck....

Maybe the guns from their store will end up in a better store at a lower price... Good riddens.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have a question. on my AR-15, I have incorporated a .22 caliber conversion kit. It can easliy be switched from the regular .223 caliber, to a .22 caliber in a matter of seconds. If they do ban the AR-15 style guns, do you think it would include the .22 caliber?? I mean hell, it is just a 22 after all, although its still a weapon its not nearly the fire power. You would have to be one hell of a shot to really do damage.
I recommend the .22 conversion kit to anyone, its a fun round that can be purchased for Cheap, and is great for small game. Mine is a stainless steel, and still has the 30 round clips. Well worth the $150.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Posted the same question a few pages back as well. Like you I am eagerly waiting for input on that from some members that are more into the legal side of the question.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If that .22 cal AR fires 22's under Clintons AWB and Feinsteins next-gen AWB that AR is still illegal if it has a collapsible stock, a removable flash hider / muzzle break or a bayonet lug.

Remember, it's not about function or power. It's all just about how scary it looks.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

Competition (IDPA), hog hunting, People who enjoy shooting. If you study up on murders more people thru history have been killed by edge weapons than guns.... so while we are banning things lets ban knives, oh yeah, and rocks cause look at what David did to Goliath..... where is the line drawn?
We cannot legislate safety we can only legislate serfdom.
We should have the ability to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government, how can we when they overpower us? Semi-auto is not an assault rifle they just look like it and it scares the idiots that do not know the difference.
An assault rifle is a full auto or 3 round burst of which we as civilians cannot own. The only difference between 10 round mags and 30 round mags is you have to change mags 3 times.
Open your eyes people and see what is going on!!!!!
How did they finally get guns banned in the UK???? Because of a school shooting!!!!
If they take our guns who is going to defend our other freedoms or rights?
TSA is the example of trying to legislate safety, how fun is it to fly???
We are responsible for our own safety, if someone is evil and wants to do harm to someone or people they will find a way. Making the majority of Americans a criminal is not the answer. Do you realize why these guns are leaving the shelves???? People are arming themselves, they are done with being defenseless and I pray our government is not stupid enough to try to take the 2nd ammendment away. But then again there is Ms LEE, pelosi, fienstien.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

And so it BEGINS,
If you are a VETERAN I urge you to remeber your OATH!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Couple of questions to gun owners, supporters of the 2nd amendment......

Firstly, I am completely against guns in all forms. However, I understand anger at possible challenges to your constitutional rights - that I can understand.

What I don't understand is the need for certain types of weapons.

What if a ban was implemented on assault weapons but you were still allowed to purchased all kinds of hand guns and genuine hunting rifles.......would you be happy or not?

If not, my second question would be, why not? Do you feel that the 2nd amendment should entitle you to legally own ANY type of weapon?

An earlier post referred to a guy in a gun shop buying 3 'AR15' rifles - to my untrained eye having googled it these look like what I'd call a machine gun.........why do you need or want that, is it for fun or purely for home defence, or something else?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingmonkey

What if a ban was implemented on assault weapons but you were still allowed to purchased all kinds of hand guns and genuine hunting rifles.......would you be happy or not?

If not, my second question would be, why not? Do you feel that the 2nd amendment should entitle you to legally own ANY type of weapon?

What if you existed in a two thousand square foot space and tomorrow you woke up in a five hundred square foot space? Would that bother you? Would you be just a bit peeved?

Having a thing one day, being able to do a thing one day, and having whatever that is taken away the next day always sucks.

Knowing it was done for bunk and fanciful reasons makes it suck that much more.

link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
I have a question. on my AR-15, I have incorporated a .22 caliber conversion kit. It can easliy be switched from the regular .223 caliber, to a .22 caliber in a matter of seconds. If they do ban the AR-15 style guns, do you think it would include the .22 caliber?? I mean hell, it is just a 22 after all, although its still a weapon its not nearly the fire power. You would have to be one hell of a shot to really do damage.
I recommend the .22 conversion kit to anyone, its a fun round that can be purchased for Cheap, and is great for small game. Mine is a stainless steel, and still has the 30 round clips. Well worth the $150.

If can be a 223 then it would be illegal even if modified to the 22 round. The key will probably be capacity at first. So the law will be aimed at magazine capacity. Heres is how stupid this all is....If you buy a ruger 10/22 with the wood or synthetic stock then you are good, but if you put a kit on it like the ARCHANGEL, then you change the way it looks making it illegal. Same gun same caliber but you put poly-plastic on it instead of wood...

link   
.22 is a rim fire cartridge and as long as all other things are within compliance your conversion kit should be legal and with the .22 you should still be able to readily get ammo

I love the conversion kit and even the weapons like the m&p 15-22 .22 LR is my favorite round all my buddies give me a hard time over it but I love that small caliber round

But I'm also the guy that loves disassembly cleaning and reassembly of any weapon including firearms as much or more than shooting them a true hobbyist I like the mechanical inner workings and have 10 gigs of armorers manuals and books
edit on 12/19/2012 by geocom because: Add commeent

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Firstly, I am completely against guns in all forms. However, I understand anger at possible challenges to your constitutional rights - that I can understand.

An earlier post referred to a guy in a gun shop buying 3 'AR15' rifles - to my untrained eye having googled it these look like what I'd call a machine gun.........why do you need or want that, is it for fun or purely for home defence, or something else?

When they come for your freedom of speech instead of being able to defend that right, I will just have to say " Oh, you don't need to talk "
Again you are talking from ignorance or you have a list of talking points, There is a big difference between a "machine gun" and an AR-15. I enjoy competitive shooting, with that said Would you like it if I wanted to ban what you like to do? One day you wake up and are now a criminal because you own a bicycle ( cause bicycles have killed people young and old) and enjoy riding it?
We use these rifles for hunting, enjoyment of shooting and home defense. When confronted with and enemy/ villian Do you want a fair fight or would you prefer having the odds stacked in your favor?
I have a right to bear arms not purchase and put in a safe unloaded, but the right to bear. That is the right to carry anyway I deem necessary to keep my Family, Friends ,and country safe from evil. If that is the Ar-15 then so be it, it is my right!!!
It is your right to holler and scream of how you disapprove of this right but that does not change the fact that it is my right to own that firearm.
I expect you to stand up for your rights so help us stand up for ours, because if you wait until they come after your rights you will stand alone when they do!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

If that .22 cal AR fires 22's under Clintons AWB and Feinsteins next-gen AWB that AR is still illegal if it has a collapsible stock, a removable flash hider / muzzle break or a bayonet lug.

Remember, it's not about function or power. It's all just about how scary it looks.

This might be one instance my NYS compliant Ar will work out then as we are not allowed any of the above. It is strange that 10 rd mags and accessories are considerably more expensive which always chaps my ass when I need to purchase.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

This might be one instance my NYS compliant Ar will work out then as we are not allowed any of the above. It is strange that 10 rd mags and accessories are considerably more expensive which always chaps my ass when I need to purchase.

That's because NY is already under an AWB. The only thing that will change for you in Feinstein gets her way is you wont be able to sell or trade your rifle or leave it to your children. Once you die that rifle becomes contraband and must be destroyed.

CT, MA, NY, NJ, CA are all under AWB's currently. So as we all saw in CT an AWB wont stop any psychotic from mowing down a bunch of children.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Nope it's going in the ground with me.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

these look like what I'd call a machine gun

Your key word being "look" yet as far as function they are not.
Many @ ATS say they know better than to believe everything they hear from MSN yet are being told all kinds of things that are just plain inaccurate and wrong. Goes back to the old adage "if you tell a lie long enough it becomes the truth'. I keep saying look at Mexico (same hemisphere as U.S. shares border etc etc) if you want to see how their total gun ban works. Do a bit of research and the death toll there, machete works great why waste a bullet; just point your gun make them do whatever you say and then start whacking ..Like watching Mayors and news people hung from a bridge when you drive to work in the morning...ban ropes!!....

Sorry I really do believe we are responsible for our own well being and security; I lock my doors at night because I feel it is prudent.

They should pass a law so everyone who does not have a gun put a sign on their entry way saying gun free zone. Wait a year and see how that works for those with the sign.

So many studies over these last few years have indicated crime has taken a nose dive after the city/state said their population could conceal carry. The murder rate in places like Chicago and their gun band = statistical death and mayhem; maybe the deaths are just gang bangers and turf disputes.....regardless people are dying and some are very young.

Full auto AK-47s are banned in the country where we live part of the year and you are looking at some serious jail time if you are caught with one but they can be had for less than $500 if you are connected; some have never been fired and are still in cosmoline.

Of course they have also followed the American policy on drugs yet they too can be purchased just about anyplace if you are into that sort of thing. Makes the newspapers when they capture someone almost every week to spend the rest of their life in a really bad prison. Reminds me of good old home. Drug war anyone??

When the Zetas lost one of their border towns last year to the Gulf Cartel, 4 of the surviving members haled their butts to Houston. The Border is a sieve for those who are well connected or have a US passport.

Oh, can't happen in USA, BULL HOCKEY!

Myopic views on complicated subjects result in policies and procedures that do nothing except produce feel good legislation that never really solves anything as intended.

Sorry for the ramble I haven't had my pot of coffee yet!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ok I just spent the morning visiting many of the local shops and retailers. The poster who said he was DOJ and that the DOJ was forcing companies to pull their stock is pure BS. I spoke with several owners and FFL holders and none of them have recieved calls or notice from either the DOJ or the BATF telling them to pull their stock. The only issue any of them are having is that they have sold out of almost everything and are having problems getting restocked. I have reported the poster and I hope their time on ATS will be short lived. They are either lying or deliberately spreading disinformation. I suggest that all who are reading this thread report the poster as well.

I will be letting Uncle Sam but me a new 'Assault Rifle' when I get my VA disability payment on January 1st. I know you gun haters will love that.
edit on 19/12/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

well you see i know what is come down the line , full out ban and grab, on AR type weapon's and LCM, Large Capacity Magazines as this one , name one reason any one would need this, [this is part of there argument] they see this is not for fun they see it as a mass killing tool
www.arizonagunrunners.com... This is all part of the UN /OBAMA plan.

Not that any one will say so until there are at your door, if you went to the "ABC night line" link you would see there are going to link video games and gun violence as one and the same, cause of mass killing " you play it, and see it therefore your use to it"

You see it is not a matter of rights any more but of the politics. If it was of your rights, well then you could buy an M60 with out no problem, or have a full auto M4 SAW in your lap. but you can not for the politics have spoken not the voter that is for the 2nd "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm just going to throw out there...

People really need to educate themselves because they are throwing the word "assault rifle" or "assault weapon" around like they actually know what an "assault rifle" is.

An Ar-15 semi auto is not an assault weapon.. It's a rifle...

For a weapon to be truly an "assault weapon" it must be fully automatic.

It's kinda crazy how a tragedy takes place and people's first impulse is "Take the guns" or "Take the guns off the shelf".

Perhaps a better idea would be actually providing some decent freaking security in schools instead.. You know, like arming the teachers or having an armed guard / police officer in all schools..

People that do the kind of thing that happened in CT are just cowards.. They won't be so quick to start a shooting if there is the possibility of someone shooting back..

Not to mention the sheer volume of guns already circulating throughout the US.. Even if you just include semi-auto rifles such as the AR / AK platform, M1A1, Mini 14 etc etc etc.... it still amounts to more firearms than you could possibly imagine.

If a law goes into place all of these "Assault Weapons" (not even) will be sold via black market (because lets face it.. these things aren't cheap and to loose them would be a lost investment) which in turn would circulate them directly into the hands of the kind of people that law was made to hinder in the first place.

This thread is about more than stores pulling their semi-autos off the shelf. It's about knee jerk reactions and a sign of the future...
edit on 19-12-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

You realize that you are telling us Assault Weapons are entirely too dangerous and pointless outside killing human beings for us little people to be trusted with....in the same post...that you're specifically listing the calibers and even ammunition style most likely to defeat the body armor in use by US troops today?

I have to ask what is the dangerous example here on judgement? If your Avatar represents your profession, especially. Is it saying that the rifles 10's of millions of Americans have owned for decades are suddenly too dangerous to own now? Or is it explaining how guns totally outside any considered ban can do much better anyway?

Errr.... I'm not naive on firearm effects and knew the penetration ability of what you mentioned .....I just seriously doubt most common people do because it's almost never seen to be used in crime or other settings where it would be noticed for many things and stand out in a huge way.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join