It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retailers start to pull some rifles from shelves

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
Looks like all the gun nuts are sitting idly buy..at the most critical moment.

It is easy to spout out "from my cold dead hands" when you are an overweight older American glued to the TV (typical gun owner), it is another thing entirely to defend your rights. The resistance has been pacified. To the typical gun nut, the threat of losing their career, their cars and houses, their freedom to enjoy vast amounts of entertainment is greater than the threat of losing their right to own guns.

It is also easy to portray a typical gun owner as 'overweight older American glued to the TV'.

Does not make it accurate!

It will take a spark, a modern Paul Revere.

Just imagine if Chuck Norris, Sylvester Stallone and Steven Seagal started a march from Texas to Washington DC. How many armed people would end up in DC do you think.

P

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
www.cheaperthandirt.com... i dont know if this is an update or just part of their inventory processes but i clicked around tell i could actualy click on a gun and it says cheaper then dirt does not sell guns ,so if its an update they did not review for very long...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by QQXXw

And some and sit and type while other seek and find what is to come news.yahoo.com... "know your opponent" is not just an expression. from the link

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional gun rights supporters showed an increased willingness Tuesday to consider new legislation to control firearms in the aftermath of the Connecticut school shootings — provided it also addresses mental health issues and the impact of violent video games.

A former co-chairman of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus, Democratic Rep. Mike Thompson, D-Calif., and 10-term House Republican Jack Kingston — a Georgia lawmaker elected with strong National Rifle Association backing — were the latest to join the call to consider gun control as part of a comprehensive, anti-violence effort next year.
do you think they will still be there when their time comes for re-election? and in case some missed thisprovided it also addresses mental health issues and the impact of violent video games.DO i see "obama care" and "gaming ban" on the wish list?

I really wish some of these metaphorical pointing fingers could be cut off. It's really starting to get on my nerves. It's really gotten to the point where mankind has really gotten pompous and selfish to where actions are no longer recognized as being sourced from human responsibility but rather these "curs-ed tools" of the devil.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Good work. The best way to wean the US off of its gun lust is to remove its corporate support and sponsorship.

When the money talks, the NRA will walk.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Shotgun wars? Can you please refresh my memory, or if you had a relevant link with quick info that would be great, too. For some reason I'm not remembering this part of the Titor story.

Titor claimed that as a 13-year old in 2011, he fought with the Fighting Diamondbacks, a shotgun infantry unit of Florida, for at least four years. However, in other posts he describes himself as hiding from the war. As a result of the war, the United States splits into five regions based on various factors and differing military objectives. This civil war, according to Titor, will end in 2015 with a brief but intense World War III

Wiki

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by coldkidc

Not the case. The clerk told me that a phone call was made to the office by a Federal organization (he didn't know who made the call...wish he would have) & they were TOLD to remove the weapons from display.

If that's what happened this could be really really bad.

Got to find some confirmation.

They were not "TOLD" to remove their weapons from the shelf. If I was a business owner I would take all the good stuff off the shelves till I find out what it's new value is and then sell it for the new adjusted price. Of course I would say my store was "closed" to honor the victims but in the back, business as usual. Stores are pulling weapons to "save face" in a week they will be right back where they were and business as usual.

link   
Like others have mentioned, a lot of the bare shelves are due to sales. I had been looking at building another AR for the last month or so. It's pretty much impossible to find a lower receiver right now anywhere online because they are sold out. I was going to order one today when I saw one of my sites I was watching get a new stock, and before I could get my order together they were gone.

And I just spent about an hour and a half to find an online shop that has AR magazines in stock.

edit on 19-12-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

What's the point in having a stamp collection or a fishing lure collection. Some people like to collect things and for some people weapons fill that void. Some guys love the mechanics, the power, the history, and stigma that comes with weapons. How come no one has brought up people that own real tanks and cannons but no one cares about them. I mean if we were to START anywhere how about you're not allowed to own a tank.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I am a FFL Dealer and I will tell you all the warehouses are empty of all tactical rifles and magazines. There is no 5.56 or 223 to be had anywhere. Most of the manufactures were running months behind in production prior to last week's tragedy. Stag Arms is currently the only one giving a reasonable time table. Cheaper than Dirt is supplied by Sports South Inc and they have been out since Monday pm. I can get many of the popular tactical pistols still, but the hi-cap mags are in short supply. One wholesaler told me today when I called about getting a couple Draco pistols that they were freezing the sale until they "readjust" their wholesale pricing. Which in turn, I had to tell all my customers all previous quotes on weapons and magazines were null and void today.

Most of our suppliers websites are offline during the day from heavy web traffic. I suspect that is the reason why R Guns and others have been offline.

Really the only way the Feds could shutdown transfers-well, most of them would to be shut down NICS, but states that use their services such as Colorado with the CBI would be able to process sales or here in Texas with a CHL.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Better stock up b the ban

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Imabanker

Really, funny I did not get the memo; and funny how it isn't listed below. In fact, last year when they were all worried about "Preppers" they send it out in the mail. No, I think it is a corporate policy change, same thing that happened in 1994.

ATF Firearms Industry Page
edit on 19-12-2012 by ShadowMaster because: grammar failure

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Stores are pulling guns and parts off of the shelves because they will sell for ten times what they do at the current moment after a ban.
It is simple as that.
Just because it is a gun store, it does not mean they are not capitalist pigs.
Hmmm, now just who owns these big gun stores anyway??

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I will be checking this thread to hear what you have found out from your sources. I am most interested in your research. Thanks

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Finally some sense.
Glad someone's finally stood up against this lunacy

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by QQXXw

And some and sit and type while other seek and find what is to come news.yahoo.com... "know your opponent" is not just an expression. from the link

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional gun rights supporters showed an increased willingness Tuesday to consider new legislation to control firearms in the aftermath of the Connecticut school shootings — provided it also addresses mental health issues and the impact of violent video games.

A former co-chairman of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus, Democratic Rep. Mike Thompson, D-Calif., and 10-term House Republican Jack Kingston — a Georgia lawmaker elected with strong National Rifle Association backing — were the latest to join the call to consider gun control as part of a comprehensive, anti-violence effort next year.
do you think they will still be there when their time comes for re-election? and in case some missed thisprovided it also addresses mental health issues and the impact of violent video games.DO i see "obama care" and "gaming ban" on the wish list?

Video games have nothing to do with this, it's all about guns being widely available in the United States. Most mass shooters were using registered guns just like in this case.

You are sitting and waiting, as are all the others while the opportunity for real action slips away. They have conditioned you to be accepting and calm while they go about their plans, there is nothing you or other gun owners can do but give me the usual spiel.

The truth is, this is the beginning of the end for gun owners and the gun owners don't care, they will take your guns with a whimper not a band while you "watch and wait" for their next move like you are doing now.

edit on 19-12-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If I was selling something, and I knew it's value was about to shoot up, I'd be out of stock for a while too.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMaster

I am a FFL Dealer and I will tell you all the warehouses are empty of all tactical rifles and magazines. There is no 5.56 or 223 to be had anywhere.

Yep umm huh. Thats why I was able to go to a certain store online just a little bit ago and purchase 2 extra magazines for my ar. Perhaps where you live they are dried up but seem to have quite the selection still online from what I have browsed, unless you were referencing only high cap then perhaps you were right?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Too bad for those retailers, and more inventory for the thousands of gun store across America that have been sold out of all the good guns for months already! Dick's was a joke of a place to buy guns anyway, they carried next to nothing as it was. You go to Dicks to buy billiard chalk or a pair of socks.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I just got onto RGuns to check for my fellow ATSers, it is displaying the following message:

As a result of the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, misguided politicians are seeking to pass legislation to take away the rights of honest, hard working Americans. As a result, we are overloaded with orders. We make the pledge not to price gouge like others in the market. However, we are three to five days behind in shipping due to the unprecedented volume. Rest assured that, unless you hear otherwise from us, your order will be filled. Please be patient, we are shipping as fast as possible. Many thanks.

However it IS working. Granted I am looking at it from the UK. I've probably got armed police on the way as we speak for daring to even LOOK at a picture of a gun...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by MaMaa
I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

Defending yourself from a tyrannical government!

P

Good luck waving around that pea shooter of yours when confronted by blackhawks and drones.

Your little rambo fantasy is just that- a scared child's fantasy. Grow up!
edit on 19-12-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join