It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retailers start to pull some rifles from shelves

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Now they put on hold the online orders for ammo ! I ordered few days ago, got an email, sorry we charged for it, but it will be a 20-25 days delays! What a F_ck is going on?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This was posted in another thread but people with a more narrow focus on the 2nd amendment aspect of the Lanza story might find it profitable to watch the embedded video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by ipsedixit
There is no doubt that this Connecticut shooting has become a political football and that the goal of a lot of the scrimmages seems to be increased gun control in the US.

There is no doubt that there is a lot of wild speculation about this shooting rampage.

As an old 9/11 warrior, I'm wondering whether some of the speculation, that seems to go in extravagantly wild directions, might actually be cointelpro, or provocative disinformation put in place by professionals to lead people off on wild goose chases.

Sounds weird, but keeping in mind that we live in a corporatist/fascist world, take a look at the following video and then tell me if it sounds weird. Ask yourselves, is there any other entity or group of entities, corporate entities, with an interest in moving the public away from the truth of this matter?

edit on 19-12-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MagyarVagyok

i hope thats not the case as i placed an order yesterday and they havent sent me an email and i was buying ammo....if so thats mostlikely due to the rapid number of orders hitting their servers all at once so they have to send ammo out to the people who ordered first

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

My friend just sent me an email , happened with him too...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MagyarVagyok

well then i guess we just have to look at the brightside of this...that soo many people are buying guns and ammo(thus showing support for the second amendment) that it gives me a bit more confidence that what ever law that is proposed will not be as harsh as i originaly thought

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

I'd guess that most end up seeing use primarily at the shooting range, where one of their biggest strengths...inexpensive ammo...really allows them to shine. Too much for small game, not enough for medium/large game, traditionally, the primary use of .223 as a hunting round has been for pest control. Far from being overkill, its actually illegal to hunt deer in most states with a .223 because its too weak to ensure a quick, humane kill. The muzzle energy of .223 is quite a bit lower than even the old 30-30 cartridge, and certainly no match for a .308 or especially .30-06, all three of which are very popular as deer hunting rounds.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
With the chance of psychos prepping for 12/21, combined with the recent event in CT, there is a possibility they were requested to be pulled to prevent copycats or like minded folks buying them. If they do not return in a few weeks (once the 12/21 crowd is silenced and we are back to "normalcy") then I would consider it a long-term recall. I guess we just gotta wait it out.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Just talked to the gun guy at my local wally world. He said they had about 10 ARs and they flew off the shelves. Also said he could have sold at least 50 of them if he had them.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I didn't know that you needed assault rifles to hunt deer. Have they armed themselves with bazookas or something? Oh and I hear all this stuff about the Second Amendment. Hmmmm.... isn't there something in it about that involving a militia?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
You arm chair commandos won't do anything when they come for your guns.

Taking them from your dead hands?

They're already taking them from your LIVE hands!

Heheh! They will bitch and whine though...

IRM

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
I didn't know that you needed assault rifles to hunt deer. Have they armed themselves with bazookas or something? Oh and I hear all this stuff about the Second Amendment. Hmmmm.... isn't there something in it about that involving a militia?

There are a lot of things in life that you don't 'need.' Should we start banning those as well?

Legally, the militia argument is a dead issue until such time that the Supreme Court revisits and overturns DC v Heller. Until that time, citizens have a 2nd amendment right to bear arms that is unconnected to membership in the militia. Interestingly, though, under US law, every male citizen between the ages of 18-45 is considered 'militia'. That has its roots all the way back to the Militia Act of 1792, though there have been some revisions of that act since.

Regardless, the 2nd Amendment is less important than people on either side think. It doesn't grant anyone the right to own a firearm, theoretically it prevents the government from restricting it. To that end, there are no laws on the books preventing civilian ownership of most classes of firearms in this country. Even without the 2nd amendment, you would still have the right to own those firearms until those laws are passed.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Mt buddy just picked up a Bushmaster MP-15 from Gander Mountain yesterday. The sales clerk said he had three come in that were sold that day. When he went to get ammo, there wasn't any and the clerk was surprised they had sold out. No ban on sales, just selling like crazy.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ByTor420
Mt buddy just picked up a Bushmaster MP-15 from Gander Mountain yesterday. The sales clerk said he had three come in that were sold that day. When he went to get ammo, there wasn't any and the clerk was surprised they had sold out. No ban on sales, just selling like crazy.

This is so annoying for somebody who was just going about his business building up a couple of lowers as cash allowed.

Now not even the most benign components is available anywhere thanks to lunatic panic buying.

I know how stock traders must feel when popular stupidity screws them over.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There is good reason for the shops pulling out certain rifles from the shelves. They are just too much.
Who needs a semi-automatic killing machine with armor plated bullets to shoot deer?

I always expected hunting to be similar to 'the deer hunter' hunting scene.
Not Rambo part 1.

A friend of mine made a song about America a few years back, but thought that it was more relevant now.
8 years ago he did this
More relevant now or before? I don't know, I'm British (No need to feel sorry for me)

edit on 20-12-2012 by ConspiracyMatt because: didn't know how to link from youtube

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sorry I don't know how to put youtube links up?

just paste that into youtube if you want to watch it

An American Story - Max Springwater

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by ByTor420

This is so annoying for somebody who was just going about his business building up a couple of lowers as cash allowed.

Now not even the most benign components is available anywhere thanks to lunatic panic buying.

I know how stock traders must feel when popular stupidity screws them over.

You got mail.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyMatt
There is good reason for the shops pulling out certain rifles from the shelves. They are just too much.
Who needs a semi-automatic killing machine with armor plated bullets to shoot deer?

It's unfortunate the blatant ignorance of that statement isnt enough to negate your opinion.

Im starting to see a theme here. Either a whole bunch of willfully ignorant people think their uninformed opinion is worth something or they just dont care how uninformed they are because the end goal is to simply attack the gun.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Yes, and Title Ten US code defines all citizens as part of the Militia. Every able-bodied citizen is the militia.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Founder's Quote Daily

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

--Cesare Beccaria, On Crimes and Punishment, quoted by Thomas Jefferson in Commonplace Book

From an e-mail newsletter...

SOURCE

SUBSCRIPTION PAGE

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

Founder's Quote Daily

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

--Cesare Beccaria, On Crimes and Punishment, quoted by Thomas Jefferson in Commonplace Book

From an e-mail newsletter...

SOURCE

SUBSCRIPTION PAGE

Glad you posted that I did not have a quick reference.... Also for those who might be wanting something I checked CDNN, Centerfiresystems, and AIMsurplus last night and they still had all kinds of stuff in stock but their ammo selections seemed to be sparce as compared to a few months ago. I don't need anything but have used all of them before.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join