It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason I'm worried about December 21st.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Screw all the doomsday end of world crap.

The real reason I'm worried is due to the people who actually believe it.

If some people actually believe all the hype, I can see a lot of stupid regrettable decisions being made on that day, including violent behavior.

To be honest, I will be glad once that day is over so people can stop living in delusion and return to the real world.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That is what has been worrying me as well. I work in the ER at a hospital and I see all the tragic things that happen just around the holidays. Not only is it almost Christmas but now we are gonna add the end of the world to it? I'm a lot more worried for the FAMILIES of people who might believe the end of the world is actually coming.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If the day does pass without any happening besides human hysteria which is a given what is this going to do to all these new age beliefs concerning the date that people have invested in so much. This date has been built up so much If nothing happens is this going to seriously undermine the credibilty of new age theories (if they have any)?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yeah, this has been brought up quite a bit in different threads. Check out Wrabbit's thread...
Giving Voice To A fear...

It has been brought up in some others too, but I can't recall them at present. It's a valid concern to be sure.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is what they're banking on.
They will help them a little along the way though.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

CALGARIAN started a thread about this yesterday too.
ATS THREAD

Like I said in that thread, I'm assuming there will probably be a lot of pranks being played. Eg: If a Gov website says "SITE DOWN DUE TO A SATAN-ASTEROID COMING TO SMASH YA FACE IN AND BURN YOUR PETS" etc, I'll be assuming the work of a hacker.
I'd suggest finding somewhere safe mainly due to pranksters getting out of hand. Think of what happened with the "War of the Worlds" radio play, and how people lost their minds and stopped functioning after thinking it was an actual news report. When humans don't see a future for themselves, they do very stupid and desperate things.

And if anyone here is planning to stage a prank themselves?
Good luck when a mentally unstable neighbor comes out with a nail gun thinking you're a zombie from the 4th layer of hell!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Valid concerns, let's hope that the media starts putting out the NASA video and debunk 12/21 as it gets closer, and that Sanity prevails!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

I am not about to pull any pranks that day, or after. The whole situation is volatile enough as it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If ppl would just understand what "apocalypse" even means all this fuss wouldn't even exist

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I work in a pub, and I am working Friday night. I don't know what to expect to be honest! Will it be quiet as people stay home with family just in case? Will it be heaving with people drinking to the end of the world, will emotions be running high raising the risk of 'issues' OR will people be their normal selves and we all have a great night as usual?

If I don't come on here the day after you can safely assume that people were not normal and I am either in a police station cell or the local A&E

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You've belonged to ATS for two years., Surely you know that 21st is just one date of many and many more yet to come.

There will always be people ready to fanatically believe in the doom of the world because they are secretly hating their lives and to have something happen eliminates their problem.

That's the psychological reason for it.

In reality if you knew the world was going to end on such and such a date...

1. Could you do anything about it?
2. Would worrying add anything to your life
3. Wouldn't you be honest in your belief and quit work, spend all your money and have a good time?

Like those idiots that believed in Ron Weinland. Most didn't sell anything, they kept it all'just in case' which shows their 'faith' was more a 'hope'.

If you believe the end of the world is coming on 21st, give everything you have away and have your actions mirror your belief.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

I think most people at ATS know what the word apocalypse means. But correct or not, it has become a word that symbolizes the end of the world. Kind of like most Americans think our form of government is a democracy.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

lol

have you noticed how the "prophets" of "nothing will happen"

are now backpedaling
inventing scenarios [in other words PREDICTING that something will happen
]

pre-emptively labeling anything that may happen as pranks, crazies acting out,and

HYSTERIA: the old standby used by TPTB, to describe anything they dont understand or control but threatens their authority, and allows them by slapping the crazy label to act against it.

pre-emptivly casting the blame on anything that may happen on 2012'ers/new-agers?

i have.

Immanentize the Eschaton!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I will be glad once that day is over so people can stop living in delusion and return to the real world

Yes a return to taxes, war, religions, politics, crime, drugs, racism, discrimination, liars, cheats, users, bills, banks, loans.

Real world is so awsome!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Yes Im sure ppl on ATS know this, ppl on my Fb dont tho.

top topics

join