Americans, Britons, Lets Stop This Bickering.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Im an Aussie, can I still bicker

Aussies don't bicker, do they? Lol

ALS

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Im an Aussie, can I still bicker

Aussies don't bicker, do they? Lol

ALS

rarely, but I have been known to have the occasional bick

Its hard not to sometimes when some people cant see common sense and logic even when its standing in front of them in green and purple poker dot suspenders, flashing its jubblies screaming free BJs

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Got me

I have to agree... English women are... ummm... wonderful!!

Thanks as well! Almost 15 years and I wouldn't trade it for nothing...

Just goes to show that Americans and the English CAN get along. In such nice ways... just adding a personal story to back the thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
While it may sometimes seem as though Americans and Brits bitch and moan about each other all the time, you just gotta realise that there are two types of people in the world.
Those you like, those you don't.
that's it.
I like some people, I despise others. Doesn't matter what country they're from, what colour or religion, it's just how they mesh with my psyche (and I theirs).
Hell, I even have a couple of mates who are Utd. fans....If I can get over that bridge, then there's nothing that can't be sorted out.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
SprocketUK:

Hell, I even have a couple of mates who are Utd. fans

I must confess I am a Burnley supporter, but most my drinking buddies are Blackburn fans. They defend me like I am their mascot, but I suppose it helps to have an higher IQ than them. They actually believe I am from Yorkshire!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
The problem is that we disagree on such basic things and as such it can be hard to sort out the differences but lets just say that we like it how we are over in our area and what you do over in that area i couldn't give a rats arse about

Or in the words of Dracula. " Our veys are not your veys."

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi

For future reference, stay away from the marmalade and scones. You need good ole sugar based jelly and lard soaked biscuits to have enough energy to fight a war. Worked for us yanks. Yessir....

Jam and scones are the same as jelly and biscuits you nitwit.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
OP it totally agree with you, I know I am guilty of this I created two of the threads that turned into a USA vs UK shouting match.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of those two threads or my intention I never wanted it to turn into a slagging match, I just wanted to promote some discussion around gun control and on the other thread I just wanted to clear up a couple of myths about British society.

Instead of that it turned into a massive shouting match

I did not something interesting however

I noticed that many of the members who either repeated the same rhetoric over and over again or were down right disrespectful or just demonstrated ignorance on a unbelievable scale (for instance “England is a Sharia zone”) where mostly members who had joined in the last 9 months or so. I think that if these shootings where to have happened say a year ago, yes we would all probably still be arguing and debating but I think the personal attacks would be largely absent.

I don’t want to make this about gun control but why can I not say “guns in America should be banned or there is a need for more control” without being shouted down. Like is say most of the people shouting me down where newer members, I found that if I did actually manage to get an interesting debate going it was with older members. I notice the exact same thing on a couple of my other threads.

Perhaps we should have a IQ test for joining up to ATS and a minimum age.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Othersideofthecoin:

Perhaps we should have a IQ test for joining up to ATS...

That's very slippery of you, Agent Starling! I take it then you don't want a single American on board?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I suppose we could just have an ATS drinking/shooting competition but we'd of started 16 years before most of the states as we can drink from the age of 5 in the house with parental permission so we'll drink you under the table but since we don't have guns we'll fail on being able to hit a barn door at 10 paces so it'll be a draw
:p

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Much of it has to do with the make up of the membership.,its mostly Americans, Brits and Aussies. It would be great to have a more geographically diverse membership. We tend to think we all know best without really hearing the views from people in other countries.

The other thing is, the boards have been dominated by gun control threads, so it leaves few other topics to get involved in.and if you create a new one on a different topic, it generally gets ignored.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
As a passively polite Canadian
(note my sarcasm)..... I've chosen to stay the hell out of these stupid gun threads for the simple reason that it's no different from debating abortion, politics, or religion... they are topics of opinion only. Hence the reason why these debates carry on ad nauseum.

You can't force you're opinion/belief onto someone else who does not share the same mentality, thus they have no comprehension of what you're talking about because of their own biased belief-forming opinion and vice versa.

It's literally a no-win situation.

So why bother getting into a pissing match over it ?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The other thing is, the boards have been dominated by gun control threads, so it leaves few other topics to get involved in.and if you create a new one on a different topic, it generally gets ignored.

CRISES averted! You can all relax!

I have coffee. Phew, I was sweating bullets there for a few. It was touch and go there for a while. Then I opened the can and poured some into the maker and added water. My hands trembled at the thought of hot fresh coffee as I nervously flicked the switch nearly toppling the coffee maker as I did.
edit on 19-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
www.abovetopsecret.com...reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I have to say i love my British .303
There i show my love...lol
thank you...
edit on 18-12-2012 by madenusa because: more love

The british .303 is one of the longest lived..
There still useing them ...
I have to say the britts did one thing right...
1943 still like new...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

CRISES averted! You can all relax!

I have coffee. Phew, I was sweating bullets there for a few. It was touch and go there for a while. Then I opened the can and poured some into the maker and added water. My hands trembled at the thought of hot fresh coffee as I nervously flicked the switch nearly toppling the coffee maker as I did.
edit on 19-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Maybe you should try a nice cup of tea instead, old bean. The slower release of caffeine may be mor to your suiting.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Lets not stop bickering too much eh? It is a discussion site so bickering (light heartedly) is part and parcel of that. Stopping the inane insults and general hatred that erupts at times would be better really...........but lets keep the bickering.........

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
SprocketUK:

Hell, I even have a couple of mates who are Utd. fans

I must confess I am a Burnley supporter, but most my drinking buddies are Blackburn fans. They defend me like I am their mascot, but I suppose it helps to have an higher IQ than them. They actually believe I am from Yorkshire!

Actually, not liking proper football (and rugby) is probably the daftest thing about Yanks...they have no idea what they are missing! ;-)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join