Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

1995 Eric Holder Calls for Brainwashing Anti-gun Campaign

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So here we have a political official calling for the use of media and propaganda to brainwash the citizenry into submission.

In '95, Holder called for anti-gun info campaign: 'Brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way'
washingtonexaminer.com... le/2516161#.UM-y_zkmTIU

Holder, now Obama’s attorney general, proposed using various levers of media and pop culture to attach a social stigma to guns, just as smoking has been stigmatized in recent decades.

“One thing that I think is clear with young people and with adults as well, is that we just have to be repetitive about this,” Holder told the Women’s National Democratic Club while discussing how to curb gun violence in D.C. “It’s not enough to simply have a catchy ad on a Monday and then only do it every Monday. We need to do this every day of the week and just really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way.”

To that end, he called for the “creative community” — “those ad agencies that create these snappy ads and make me buy things that I don’t really need” — to focus on convincing young people that “it’s not acceptable, it’s not hip to carry a gun anymore.” He emphasized that newspapers and television need to devote prime space to these ads.

Holder also called for people who have influence over youngsters, entertainers, athletes, to be involved in this program as well”

Brainwashing is mentioned at 3:11 into the video. Prior to that he is recommending daily drills/content in schools at all levels to re-enforce this programming.

This seems to be evidence of our government officials admitting that the media can be used for brainwashing purposes.

This just makes me wonder how much further it has been taken in other areas of American life.

Love to hear comments and opinions on the matter.
edit on 18-12-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wow no comments?
WTF?

Holder is a piece of garbage.

Goebbles would be proud of him.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Maybe it is too blatant and in your face for people to accept?

But it is interesting that he recommended manipulating people through the media to end gun rights and there are many on this forum who think the recent mass shootings are suspicious.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here is a comment.

I posted this in another thread but I think it works
in all these Gun ownership worry arenas.

I am for gun ownership.
I think that its a fantastic deterrent for would be invaders, whether China or a crack head.

Have you heard the stat that gun owners in the US are the most powerful force on earth?
If we are talking purely conventional war & say the Chinese Army invaded.
They wouldn't stand a chance against US citizens. I think we could miss
our mark 9 out of 10 times and still have more guns and ammo. Not to mention owners
that are extremely proficient with them. Our government knows this fact.
They ain't coming for your guns.

It takes 200,000 troops
to secure 1,000,000 UNARMED civilians .
At 300,000,000 people,
even if we were unarmed, they couldn't do it.

All this, "They are gonna take our guns ! "
is the NRA letting you lobby for them.
The bigger the tradgedy the louder they get YOU to yell.
Let's think about it..

...It always amazes me how mad some gun owners get
when there is a mass slaying. They aren't mad at the shooter,
they are mad because what happened may effect them.
(though it never really has) Any gun owner want to tell me
how many guns Clinton or Obama have taken from you?
Having your guns physically taken and not being able to
buy an M-4 with an M-203 attachment are two TOTALLY different actions.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I saw this a few days ago, and yes it does really make things clear. The agenda.

Notice he says they need to do anti-gun campaigns to get into the minds of our young? Have any of you ever seen an anti-gun commercial on tv? Or do we see a lack of guns in the movies or in life?

Nope, they took a way sneakier tack. Bombardment of cruel and inconceivable killing. It is obviously a well-thought out campaign, just not what you'd expect when they tell you they need to host an anti-gun campaign.

Just like 911, within minutes of this massacre, the news had their keyword, The first time it was "terrorism" this time it is "gun-control".

Never let a good catastrophe go to waste, or whatever the saying is......

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ofcourse it's brainwashing.

Campaigning and public service announcements are just euphemistic terms to passify the dull witted.

We have already been so indoctrinated to the process, it's not even a shock anymore. It's a proven technique.

Something to consider is that we elect these leaders to "lead" the citizens and in some cases it calls for trying to persuade the public to the course of action they desire.

You elected to be brainwashed

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo
Ofcourse it's brainwashing.

Campaigning and public service announcements are just euphemistic terms to passify the dull witted.

We have already been so indoctrinated to the process, it's not even a shock anymore. It's a proven technique.

Something to consider is that we elect these leaders to "lead" the citizens and in some cases it calls for trying to persuade the public to the course of action they desire.

You elected to be brainwashed

Yes of course, but what really gets me is that he specifically calls for 'brainwashing' in no uncertain terms.

He specifically says brainwashing and now he is currently involved in a major gun running scandal to boot.

Stinks to high heaven!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
With all due respect to the OP....

This isn't Holder's plan... the initiative and execution of this plan all start at the Council on Foreign Relations.

They are central to all social engineering agenda's which predominantly rely on media to forge a consensus of those generations of Americans who rely on commercial main-stream media to keep them "informed."

It is why all media seem to be "on the same page" - focusing on and exploiting every instance they can find. Bringing up old news they never bothered to discuss over the years until now. Revealing statistics that are supportive of the goal, and trying their best to create a populace who cannot and will not think for themselves unless it is endorsed by any "celebrity" (all of which are their own creations in the first place.)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

That's been happening for a while now. Look at popular television, for examples. Anyone remember the old show MacGyver? I watched it because the plots were entertaining, and the guy was cute. However, that widely popular character was very anti-gun. Personally, I found that silly, but I am sure he influenced a lot of people.

How many times, in a lot of shows, do you see people react negatively when guns are mentioned? In a movie with a character that might want a gun for self defense, you almost always have another character acting as though the gun is evil, and talking about how they don't want one in the house. If a gun is found in a vehicle, or home, or wherever, by some character, it's always treated as though the person who owns the gun must be up to no good. Very seldom do we see a law-abiding citizen shooting the bad guy with their gun.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

That's been happening for a while now. Look at popular television, for examples. Anyone remember the old show MacGyver? I watched it because the plots were entertaining, and the guy was cute. However, that widely popular character was very anti-gun. Personally, I found that silly, but I am sure he influenced a lot of people.

How many times, in a lot of shows, do you see people react negatively when guns are mentioned? In a movie with a character that might want a gun for self defense, you almost always have another character acting as though the gun is evil, and talking about how they don't want one in the house. If a gun is found in a vehicle, or home, or wherever, by some character, it's always treated as though the person who owns the gun must be up to no good. Very seldom do we see a law-abiding citizen shooting the bad guy with their gun.

Now we have NBC cancelling all gun related programming

www.freerepublic.com...

NBC Cancels ALL Gun Related Programming
The Truth About Guns ^ | 12/17/12 | Nick Leghorn

Posted on Monday, December 17, 2012 9:12:55 PM by Mozilla

3-Gun Nation is a show that follows the top competitors in the United States as they make their way towards the 3-Gun national championship in Las Vegas, NV. It wasn’t a particularly interesting or exciting show, but it was a firearms related sports show that was picked up by NBC...

Apparently, following the shooting in Connecticut, NBC sports has decided to put an “indefinite moratorium” on shooting related shows.

www.thetruthaboutguns.com...-179581

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Yes and the news coverage have been careful for some time now to show guns in relation to piles of cash and drugs taken in drug busts. They also like to mention guns....the number of guns taken for a home even if the guns had nothing to do with anything. They will never point out that the guns may be legal but rather post them in a bad light.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well for those that are not easily "brainwashed" this will be a waste of time and money, thankfully I don't have to listen to the propaganda crap as I gave up TV programing a long time ago and only see in TV what I want, I am not making some TV conglomerate rich anymore.

As a person I have to say that most American (no all) are weak of mind and easily manipulated by propaganda, the same way they do to incite acts of violence with media also.

Remember people that when one act of mass crime is committed is always follow by copy cat wannabes.

The anti-gun campaign is been an agenda by all governments since they became corrupted and afraid of a well armed population.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Holder must be that guy from Barney Miller.

...BTW, one thing to remember:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
*snip*
Now we have NBC cancelling all gun related programming
*snip*

Yeah, I saw that. No real surprise there.

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Yes and the news coverage have been careful for some time now to show guns in relation to piles of cash and drugs taken in drug busts. They also like to mention guns....the number of guns taken for a home even if the guns had nothing to do with anything. They will never point out that the guns may be legal but rather post them in a bad light.

Seen that so many times! I remember one case, the guy had his palce searched because of some issue totally not related to guns, something with an ex, i think it was, and they were on and on about his gun collection, with convenient "neighbors" talking about how scary it was to find out he had them. never mind the fact that he was there a LONG TIME, and they didn't know, because he didn't do anything criminal. Nope, was all about the "evil, crazy gun owner". There was even a comment about how they could understand the 2'nd amendment, but he had "too many", like he crossed some line. People bought it, too.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Actually, what I found more interesting is the very first sentence where he says: "...what we want to have as part of the Gun Information Bill is an information campaign..."

Never having heard of this "gun information bill" I decided to look it up. One Google Search later is this Attorney General Press Release from 1994.

This is the part that had me pay more attention:

"If we are to fight crime effectively in the 1990s, we must focus more on kids and guns," said Reno. "Unless we act now, a generation of young Americans will grow up in a world where gunfire is as normal as blue jeans and school books."

So what, right? More save the Children stuff. Except this is from 1994.

Pearl High School in 1997. The Heath High School shootings happened in 1997. The Kip Kinkel shooting happened in 1998. Jonesboro in 1998. Columbine in 1999. There are others, but these are the ones I can remember.

So obviously this 1994 program fell on its face. Except that it seems that Holder got his wish. The media is focusing on guns and the violence associated with guns. This is a distinct departure from the original plan.

In this Department of Justice publication from 1996, Reducing Youth Gun Violence: An Overview of Programs and Intiatives says quite clearly that,

According to one researcher, gun ownership by adults and the introduction of their children into recreational gun culture appears to reduce problems associated with teenage violence (Blackman, 1994). Research by Huizinga (1994) and Lizotte et al. (1994) also shows that for legal gun owners, socialization appears to take place in the family.

The US government, in its own publication, cites a study stating that guns in the family reduce teenage violence. So what's causing it? Well, in 1996 the strategy was preventive action through education programs. They were primarily concerned with inner-city and drug crimes, but they do state that the origins of gun-crime can be categorized into the following steps: access to guns, escalation of violence, and drugs.

What about drugs? Again, to cite the publication:

Goldstein (in Blumstein, 1994) indicates three ways drugs and crime are connected: (1) pharmacological/psychological consequences, in which drugs are linked directly to violent activity, (2) economic/compulsive crimes, or crimes committed by drug users to support their habit, and (3) systemic crimes, or crimes committed regularly as part of doing business in the drug industry.

The inner-city youth might be carrying because of reasons orbiting 3 or 2. Mass shooters, it seems, would fall into category 1.

The problem isn't the gun culture. The problem is the drug culture. Crack or Prozac, both alter the brain chemistry. Holder, it seems, isn't interested in combating the problem. So why is his solution to crack down on guns?

new topics

top topics

join