It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uhhhm...what does it mean when electricity arcs between your fingertips?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
hmm I've had lots of experiences with static electricity because my condo (and province) is always so damned dry. Don't know what I was thinking one day while cleaning - I was vaccumming and decided to use the hose to shut off my bedroom light as I was leaving the room. Duh...Had a bit of a brain fart there and this huge bolt of electricity shot out of the switch. Luckily I wasn't touching it at the time but - dayum.

To this day since, lots of static electricity and sometimes at night time - you can see sparks fly from my comforter as I get out of bed...stings like a biatch too. But its like a free light show and sometimes I just move the blankets to see the charges.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Sounds like static to me. Are you in a particularly dry area? I know when I spent time on Antarctica, static was a real problem due to the dryness. The static would jump out 3" off the door knobs when you reached for it and jolt you real good. That was one of the jokes. Drag your feel around then sneak up behind someone and slowly move your finger towards their ear. The charge would arc with a "snap" and give the target quite a jolt. Funny.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I don't remember static electricity passing from one hand to another. Years ago during the winter in a very dry dorm room, I could hear a crackling sound in the air around me while sitting on my bed. I already knew the room was charged up with electricity and this day, the humidity dropped below 10 percent. I had something to measure the humidity. My body seemed to naturally collect electricity in the air. While sitting on the bed, I was able to zap the cinder block wall with each finger of each hand and then repeat it. The shocks I had when touching other objects that winter hurt so bad my roomate and I both had screwdrivers sitting near our beds to ground ourselves before we touched anything. The lightning sparks coming off our fingers that winter were powerful and very painful. I was able to light up a 50,000 volt light bulb with a touch for a brief second or two. My roomates small 12 inch fluourescent lamp near his bed would stay lit up for a whole minute while it was unplugged if he shook his blankets on his bed which was about a foot away from the bed.

We had fun experimenting. The pain was not fun. We got trained to use screwdrivers to ground ourselves. If you didn't grab the metal portion of the screwdriver before touching something after sliding off the beds, then it hurt like crazy.

Even now I get static charges at strange times. It seems like it was worse for me this past summer. Now it doesn't seem as bad. I am wondering if my summer shorts have something that helps build up charges.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The closest thing I remember to getting zapped with different body parts might be turning on the water faucet with one hand and then getting zapped when I touch the water coming out with the other hand. I would have thought touching the metal faucet with one hand would have grounded me. How I got zapped touching the water coming out was a mystery to me. This happened to me a lot over several months, then it stopped as mysteriously as it started.

I still do not remember static electricity charges passing between my fingers though. This past summer though, I did have a static electricity charge travel from my body to a girl at a club who was going to touch the hair on my head. She got zapped good.

She made a satisfying noise or scream upon getting zapped. There is something about the club. Maybe it is the new chairs. It was worse during the summer so maybe the material in my shorts and the chairs caused static electricity to build up every time. No one else seemed to experience any issues though.

Has anyone else experienced the same kind of static electricity discharges between the fingers? Sorry if I missed this information if posted already.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Hopefully you are not located too close to one of those so called deteriorating gas pipes if that IS what happened in
Virginia ( I think ) where one blew and damaged the road next to it. What you said is frightening if our atmosphere is changing in some negative way. Any scientific views of this situation out there in ATS land?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
I raised my hands off of my knees and an arc of blue electricity went from my left hand to my right...

Electricity from your fingertips, you say?

You are almost ready.

- Lee

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
For a while now, my husband and I observed an occasional phenomenon in which one or the other could be felt to be "vibrating" : running a finger gently along the skin or barely above it, you could feel a "buzzing" like electricity.

I've written about here before... for a while we hypothesized a possible correlation to seismic activity in our area.

But last night we found the solution! His skin was "buzzing" , and I realized that the times this has happened, I was laying on a moist heat pad (electric) for my sciatica. It wasn't on, but it was plugged in.
We experimented- I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

When it was plugged in, I could feel the buzz on him, when it wasn't, I couldn't.
Seems it was static electricity coming from this heating pad!

There was no visible phenomena...... but we've all seen that static electricity can get to that point.
I would guess your experience was due to an oncoming storm, which caused the air to become highly ionized.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
as a kid i remember we used to cheat the space invader games in the arcades (the ones with the metal slots)

we used to shuffle our feet on the carpet or whatever as we walked toward the machine, then jump slightly in the air just before we touched the slot with a coin or other metal implement..we created a static charge that would run through our bodies and discharge at the coin and rattle up credits, anything up to 99 credits for free...

The people in charge got wise to our shuffling and much time on said video game, but we got smarter and started to use one of those electric spark things for Gas cookers, though sometime the charge would be to much for machine and it would go all mental on you for a bit....sounds like you need to change either your running shoes or carpet....Static build up friend.. ;-)

edit on 28-12-2012 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Tee hee...I do have unlimited power! I love the avatar BTW...hilarious.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I too believe that this occurrence was atmospheric in nature...I know that I am not a superhero or super villain...I am intrigued that it did happen twice a few days apart...and both times, that strange fog had settled in...
So, ionization is definitely a culprit, I feel like I was positively charged and yada...yada...yada...I can charge a battery...hasn't happened since I posted last, so ....no, I am not a mutant with special powers...I wish I was though...I'll definitely post if anything like that happens again...

The only thing that still remains a mystery...is how it felt...it didn't hurt or tingle like a static shock would feel...it felt amazing and I hope that this is what heaven is like...it felt divine...and I did feel great for a few days after (I am riddled with arthritis and Lupus, so pain is a daily deal for me)...all my joints felt great and I had crazy energy...of course...I'm right back to where I usually am as far as pain is concerned....

Just imagine if you will...what the hell what going through my mind when it happened...with the end of the world coming and all...and the supposed ascension...I was at a loss for words...but my face said it all...."WTF just happened?"...my eyes wide open and jaw fell to the floor.

I thought long and hard before posting this experience...I also considered every possibility including mania and psychosis...my mind is just fine...my apartments wiring is just fine...no, my downstairs neighbor does not have a tesla coil...and no, I wasn't on drugs.

I just wish that you all could've seen my reaction...it was effin priceless. Shock and awe, people...shock and awe.

I did ponder however...a possible EMP attempt....nah...?????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join