It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager just charged in Florida for Death Threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This kid was threatening to shoot up his school this Friday 12/21/12

A 16-year-old student in Miami Lakes is accused of tweeting out threats to open fire at his school in response to an announcement about the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn.

Link to the Article

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have a feeling that we will see more and more of these stories as this week progresses

What has this world come to?

According to some, an end.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
He should move to Las Vegas.. Some lady and her husband thretened to kill me for not fixing their computer for free and then threw and old phone at my store window, when I walked outside to get her license plate number she tried to run me over.. They left threatening voice mails on my phone and I called the police and told them all of this.. They came out to see me at my store and told me until they actually tried to kill me there was nothing they could do..

I no longer live in Las Vegas...

link   
reply to post by Quyll

The world hasn't come to anything.

These shooters do not represent a large enough portion of society to warrant the feeling that the moral fabric is falling apart.

link   
Skrillex?

In all seriousness, could this of just been a cry out for help? If he really wanted to shoot up his school on friday, why would he post about it on monday?

Cheers

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Enzo954

I'm glad they finally caught Skrillex.

I knew he would turn out to be a menace to society.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Enzo954

Looks like the kid went waaaay too far to prove a point. Unfortunately, by him trying to proove his point he will more than likely be made an example of. Pretty stupid on his part, if you ask me.

MOTF!
edit on 18-12-2012 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What an idiotic thing for him to do. He claims it was just his reaction to the Principals announcement regarding the Sandy Hook shooting...Just... How stupid.

I get the feeling he was trying to make some kind of messed up, ridiculous attempt at a political statement and it back fired in his face hard, as it should have.

He very well may have just been looking for attention and well, if that is the case, he got it.

Perhaps it is even a cry for help on his part and if that is the case, I hope that he gets the help he needs and deserves.

He at the very least, states that he doesn't care about what happened to those kids... and I find that sad.

Not sure what else to say.... Just sharing my thoughts...

Peace and love

edit on 18-12-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
On the other hand. I believe we are slowly seeing the 'shock and awe' culture of the late 90s and early 2000s going away. It's no longer who can say the most effed up crap, but who can speak intelligently enough for everyone to listen. The kid had a good point but lacked character and tact.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Enzo954

No worries, they will pump him up on Big Pharm Meds, send him off to the New and Improved MKULTRA facility for some much needed programming, and WALLA, another mind controlled killer that will do the governments biddings for free!

The US government sees great potential in this young man.......

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Enzo954

I think he is dangerous...I think he meant exactly what he said.

I also think...he is trying to get out of doing time; in some sort of confinement...and is making statements to try and get out of any punishment.

You know there is an old saying..."the eyes are the mirror of the soul"...and he has dead eyes; there is no white light in them.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by Quyll

The world hasn't come to anything.

These shooters do not represent a large enough portion of society to warrant the feeling that the moral fabric is falling apart.

Right! As tragic as it is it is not "common" for school to get shot up like this.

According to the National Center for Education Statistics, there were 98,817 public schools during the 2009-2010
school year.

So out of almost 99,000 schools there is a shooting every few years. Yeah that's more than it should be but it's not quite the epidemic everyone acts like it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Now the page is updated and he says it was a misunderstanding. Give me a break, you tweet numerous messages about shooting up your school and it was a misunderstanding. I hope they throw the book at this kid!!

top topics

join