It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time stopping without us noticing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It could be possible for time to stop and we wouldn't know it. It would have to stop for the whole area of space though, anything that tied in with the solar system. It could be stopping every day for all I know.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yeah, who knows. I wish I did. If I was God I would know.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JackyMenace

There is a lot of time between time that we can't measure or perceive. Lots could be happening in that invisible world.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
How do you measure the length of these breaks in time since, uh, time has stopped? (Not trying to be a buzzkill. LOL I've considered this thought before.)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackyMenace
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

I guess that would be related to a sort of time wave. I think time is fluid like. I think gravity is fluid like as well. When you put an object in water and drop it, it will drag things down with it that are too close. The earth is moving through space (liquid like) and it pulls us in with negative pressure. Does that make sense? Could gravity just be negative pressure or displacement? Man, I need to take a physics class so I can explain myself better.
edit on 18-12-2012 by JackyMenace because: (no reason given)

Interesting that you mention water, because this phenomenon generally only happens when I'm surrounded by steam (Shower).

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

one question you a navy brat ?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Def Youth

There is no way to measure it nor any way to know it exists.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If you have ever played Simcity you will notice there is a pause and fast forward, but oddly no rewind(???) in the game.

This allows you as the Omnipresent builder to stop time and the SIMS from building or going about their daily lives while you make some changes.

But as far as I am aware none of my SIMS have recognized I have stopped time and made changes, well until now...

Maybe some debugging is in order.
edit on 19-12-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JackyMenace

I'm not talking about warping time. Even when time is warped, it could be pausing with us. Maybe the whole universe that WE live in pauses frequently.

But isn't time just a perception? A measurement of how things change?
In order for time to pause, wouldn't every atom have to cease functioning, and every wave stop traveling?

Is there actual fluidity in change, or is it a minute series of "clicks?"

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
If you have ever played Simcity you will notice there is a pause and fast forward, but oddly no rewind(???) in the game.

This allows you as the Omnipresent builder to stop time and the SIMS from building or going about their daily lives while you make some changes.

But as far as I am aware none of my SIMS have recognized I have stopped time and made changes, well until now...

Maybe some debugging is in order.
edit on 19-12-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

There's a rewind too, which is why we all get missing time and insertions. Everyone here gets checkups.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join