It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes some of MY Fellow Americans are OBSESSED with guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
First off let me start by saying I do own 2 firearms. A Glock 26 and Taurus snub nose .38. I shot my first gun at 8 years old and it was a .410. My father took me dove and squirrel hunting with it. Then at 10 I got the youth pump 20 gauge, at 12 the semi automatic Winchester 12 gauge. My first deer was with a 30-30, next season I was hunting with a 30-06. I grew out of hunting at age 20 it just no longer interested me.

I used to hang in rough neighborhoods as a teenager but have never needed a gun. Maybe its because I was lucky.

Anyways since this newest shooing my Facebook page has been blown up with pro gun stuff left and right just like here on ATS. Frankly im sick of it. Our guns and 2nd amendment rights will not be taken away. But damn it, it needs to be said, Americans are OBSESSED with guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The majority of Americans have not been a recipient of a home invasion or robbery. The majority own guns because they want them. They love them, cherish them and some seem to even worship them.

I have no doubt if the government ever sent a force to take there guns and they had children in the house SOME would engage in a shoot out with that force. Never-mind there kids and family getting riddled with bullets because yes, some love guns more than there family it seems to me.

I do want to protect myself and do fear criminals who are armed. But you know what? I fear the damn CCW redneck fanatics as much as the criminals. It needs to be said!!!

You CCW carriers can come spout we are all responsible and try to avoid confrontation all you want. Needless to say whether you want to admit it or not there are CCW and gun owners who are not criminals per say but cant wait to shoot another human being.

Of course the majority of law abiding gun owners are not like this but, there is a share of them that are exactly what im gonna describe!

The typical American male is now a soft couch potato and is scared of there own shadow. Most cant defend themselves with there hands and when they get a gun it sprouts them a set of balls they normally wouldn't have.

Make no mistake these type of men would shoot you in a fistfight they started. There is no longer honor here in the States. Its a win at all cost mentality.

Stand Your Ground? Texas man kills teacher over noise complaint. (ccw holder)

www.rawstory.com...

Man Who Used ‘Stand Your Ground’ Law to Defend Shooting Neighbor Over Loud Music Found Guilty of Murder!
gawker.com...

Grand jury indicts man in Fla. loud music shooting (ccw holder)

Read more: www.mysanantonio.com...

ZImmerman (ccw)

Shoots unarmed boy, but he was playing hero vigilante and a ccw holder should not look for a altercation!!! This didn't stop him from engaging after he had called the cops!!!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Since May 2007, concealed handgun permit holders have killed at least 175 individuals -- including nine law enforcement officers -- in 26 states. Of the 104 incidents that resulted in the deaths, in half (52), the concealed handgun permit holder had already been convicted or committed suicide after the shooting. Of the 52 cases still pending, the vast majority (46) are charged with criminal homicide, two were unintentional shootings, three are still under investigation, and one involved a concealed handgun permit holder who was also shot and killed during the incident. Of the 104 incidents, 16 were mass shootings

So yes I do fear my fellow American Rambos, cowboys, terminators as much as I fear getting robbed.

I am in the process of getting a CCW to protect me from other CCW just as much as the criminals.

My fellow Americans brag about there arsenals, ammo amounts, shot placement, and how they would have took out that deranged shooter in a second.

Yes Im tired of all the arm chair quarterbacks with guns here in America who think they are Robocop, locked n loaded, invincible and ready to go. If you are that good you dont have to brag about it. Those with the most skill at things are usually the ones who keep there trap shut about it.

There are to many Americans who carry because it makes them feel like a man and triples the size of there balls.

I have no problem with responsible gun owners who are mentally stable and dont carry a gun cause it makes them feel like a bad ass like the average thug walking down the street with a Pit Bull cause it makes him feel manly.

I miss the days when if two people had a issue they duked it out and went there ways. I love keeping physically fit and would much rather confront someone in a match of fisticuffs than guns.

But unfortunately things are no longer like this not only with the criminals but the Rambos.

You gotta be very careful now in the states, someone flips you off road-raging in a parking lot starts a fight with you and cant hang in a physical confrontation BAM they can shoot you and scream yeah he was unarmed but i feared for my life SYG baby!!!

These people scare me more than the criminals to be honest and yes they exist!

So fellow Americans own your guns, enjoy them. But do not think for one second they make you superman, they make you a man, or you are winning any support from the anti gun people by bragging about how large your arsenal is and how much of a Rambo you think you are!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 18-12-2012 by headlesszombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Im not as obsessed with guns as I am obsessed with individual freedom and liberty...the authoritarians have been trying to strip me of my freedoms by sweeping me under the same rug as psychos...

There is absolutely no justification to remove my ability to effectively protect myself and my family...stop trying to collectivize the issue so you have ground to stand on....

Again I'm not as obsessed with guns as I am about individual freedom and liberty...(used to be what this country was all about) and taking away my ability to protect myself from real criminals is about as big of an infringement on my individual liberties as one could possibly get...

The hypocrisy of this country has metastasized into the anti-gun movement...because they would be willing to use guns to take guns...they would be willing to become criminals to stop innocent people from potentially becoming criminals...and they would be willing to FORCE this AUTHORITARIAN way of life on the people at the barrel of a gun...

if people cannot see the hypocrisy in that the world must really be coming to an end in a few days....because there is no hope for that kind of mental incontinence...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by headlesszombie

Who has been the best gun salesman in American history??? OBAMA!!
How ironic is that?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
Im not as obsessed with guns as I am obsessed with individual freedom and liberty...the authoritarians have been trying to strip me of my freedoms by sweeping me under the same rug as psychos...

There is absolutely no justification to remove my ability to effectively protect myself and my family...stop trying to collectivize the issue so you have ground to stand on....

Again I'm not as obsessed with guns as I am about individual freedom and liberty...(used to be what this country was all about) and taking away my ability to protect myself from real criminals is about as big of an infringement on my individual liberties as one could possibly get...

The hypocrisy of this country has metastasized into the anti-gun movement...because they would be willing to use guns to take guns...they would be willing to become criminals to stop innocent people from potentially becoming criminals...and they would be willing to FORCE this AUTHORITARIAN way of life on the people at the barrel of a gun...

if people cannot see the hypocrisy in that the world must really be coming to an end in a few days....because there is no hope for that kind of mental incontinence...

You live in paranoia and fear then. If you actually think the government can confiscate all of the Guns in America your dreaming.

Its the paranoid people who constantly fear there own little bogey man I also fear with guns.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Im pro gun. I however dont have to post about it a 100 times a day. Have people on my Facebook as well that were posting pro gun stuff before even giving condolences out. They are just as bad as the anti gun people.

I dont fear losing my guns, but I don't have assault rifles and have no need for them. I got a shotgun and a few pistols.

And anyone can pull a trigger doesn't make you Mr BA
edit on 18-12-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012

Originally posted by Sly1one

You live in paranoia and fear then. If you actually think the government can confiscate all of the Guns in America your dreaming.

Its the paranoid people who constantly fear there own little bogey man I also fear with guns.

lol don't buy their fear!!! buy our FEAR!!!....

So you just admitted yourself that you are living in paranoia and fear as well if you are afraid of people who live in fear and paranoia...

I'm not sure if the government can actually confiscate all the guns in the US...I saw them do a pretty good job after Katrina..willing to tackle grandma and everything...

Anyway....its not about fearing for my guns...its about fearing for my individual freedoms and liberties...or should I just let those pesky little things become a thing of the past...I should just succumb and do as I'm told join the hive mind and get in line...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

No I just have enough sense to know posting pro gun rants on ATS or Facebook isn't gonna stop the government from doing what they are gonna do.

As far as I know the government hasn't said anything about a all out firearm ban.

edit on 18-12-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by headlesszombie

Funny that you said,"There is no longer honor here in the States."
LOL!!!
Honor is for the dead, the indiginous peoples of every land that have been scrubbed from the pages of history were most probably honorable people.
Now there is some truth to what you say about us but, those characteristics apply to every single breathing thing on this planet and maybe others, who knows.
Sure I'm obsessed with guns, I am also obsessed with My Wife, My Dogs, My Coffee, My Chocolate, My Technology, My.....
I am not obsessed with something unless it enhances my life on this plain, I hope you too can become obsessed with something someday.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm weary of arguing the issue.
Ok, fine. So I agree to get rid of my guns.
Now tell me how a disabled person is supposed to defend themselves?
(after-crime police reports don't count)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I just wanted to elaborate on a point made here by the OP

Since May 2007, concealed handgun permit holders have killed at least 175 individuals -- including nine law enforcement officers -- in 26 states. Of the 104 incidents that resulted in the deaths, in half (52), the concealed handgun permit holder had already been convicted or committed suicide after the shooting. Of the 52 cases still pending, the vast majority (46) are charged with criminal homicide, two were unintentional shootings, three are still under investigation, and one involved a concealed handgun permit holder who was also shot and killed during the incident. Of the 104 incidents, 16 were mass shootings

May 2007 - May 2012 is 5 years time + some months for the current Dec 2012. I'm assuming that the statistics aren't up to the minute, so I'm giving 5 years as my time frame.

For a nation of almost half a billion people, and 5 years of time, 104 incidents with 175 individuals would be an amazingly small number. I'm no statistician but logically this is a very, very low number of incidents per people. I did a quick search and found a 2011 article that estimated ~6 million CCW permit carriers exist. WOW. So, for the 3 figure count of incidents over a 5 year period, we have a 7 figure number of folks who carry. Does anybody get where I'm going here? I really could see an issue coming up if, say, 1% was a number. But we're not even in .1%. Or .01% If I did my math right (unlikely), we're seeing a .000029% issue here.

There are updated stats that came from www.vpc.org... an anti ccw organization. It would make my number a bit larger. Still infinitesimally small.

NOTE: Every life is sacred but we're nearly half a billion people here. Hard to punish the 99.99997083% over something that happens.

Edit:

check this out, a response from someone in that source I gave earlier from MSNBC

Doctors vs Gunowners
Doctors

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000. (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.
Now think about this:
Gun Owners
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500..
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.
Statistics courtesy of FBI.
So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do..'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.
We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!
Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on Lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!

edit on 18-12-2012 by fourthmeal because: found more!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by headlesszombie

I miss the days when if two people had a issue they duked it out and went there ways. I love keeping physically fit and would much rather confront someone in a match of fisticuffs than guns.

So you, being fit, prefer to engage in altercations physically? That makes sense since it gives you an advantage over the "soft couch potatoes" you said comprise the American Population now.

You prefer to stay fit and maintain an advantage over your fellow men in order to "protect yourself".

There are plenty of people who for various reasons cannot defend themselves even against those "soft couch potatoes". Elderly, petite females, disabled, those who work so much they don't have time for the gym ect. And those people can choose to carry to 'even the playing field' so they are not at a disadvantage of those who would prefer to settle things with physical violence rather than words.

The whole point of a gun is it takes the physical aspect out of the equation. You don't get to be the dominant force simply because your genes allow you to, or because you spend more time at the gym ect. At that point reason and maturity become more important. Why should society just allow thugs to go around getting into "physical confrontations" whenever there is a dispute?

Violence shouldn't be forced upon anyone, guns or fists. And if someone brings violence to them they should have whatever means to stop it.

Additionally, if someone attacks you with fists what reason do you have to believe they will stop once you are on the ground? What reason do you have to believe they won't hit you in the right part of the head to kill you (on accident or not)? Why should you trust that you are not in a life and death situation simply because they are using fists?

top topics

join